Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-19-2011, 08:24 PM

Default How to convince a vegetarian to eat game meat

From the NRA's American Hunter.
http://www.americanhunter.org/articl...-a-vegetarian/
Old 05-19-2011, 08:44 PM

Default done!

already done! my gf was a lacto ovo vegan till she dated me, haha i told her that she should come hunting with me to see how hard i work for a good animal, to my surprise she agreed, on 5 day hunt i added up taking a nice point elk on the last day, after she helped do all the work on the elk, she tried some of the meat and has been eating it ever since, she realized you cant just go out and shoot a good animal everyday,

good article lol

cheers
Old 05-21-2011, 09:02 AM

Default Vegans rule!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski View Post
already done! my gf was a lacto ovo vegan till she dated me, haha i told her that she should come hunting with me to see how hard i work for a good animal, to my surprise she agreed, on 5 day hunt i added up taking a nice point elk on the last day, after she helped do all the work on the elk, she tried some of the meat and has been eating it ever since, she realized you cant just go out and shoot a good animal everyday,

good article lol

cheers
Vegans Rule over a world devoid of animals.

Someone should explain that plants have rights also. To balance the rights of all you have to eat animals to compensate.

Studies have shown that plants communicate. Popular trees give off chemical responses to attacks from tent caterpillars. They warn other trees.

Growing lots of crops to feed vegans destroys wildlife habitat for gophers, ground squirrels, badgers, deer, coyotes, foxes, owls, hawks, voles, shrews, mice etc. Birds loose habitat for insects and seeds. Native wild flower loss removes flies and bees required for seed replenishment. Pastures and grazing lands allows for dramatically and significant increases in animal biodiversity. Food crops use way more water and herbicide and pesticide and fertilizer.

Vegans are destroying the world. Save a wild animal and eat beef!
Old 05-21-2011, 10:30 AM

What I do, is start with the basic of biology then explain what hunting is outside the sport.

First, the human body needs 3 main fuel to work properly: carbohydrate, fat and protein. At that point, vegy people tell you that there is protein in vegys like soy or nut. Yes, but wrong !!!!! NOT every protein is created the same, human over the course of evolution like many others have grown with the need of complete protein. Complete protein have 21 amino acids in a specific amount, that can only be found in meat, eggs or milk product. Protein from other food is either not complete or in the wrong balance. So, no meat is against nature and very bad for your health.

And the natural way of getting pure organic meat is through hunting or fishing. That way you get an animal that lived free, the way they belong, not a growth hormone, antibiotic boosted animal raised in a cage. Like it or not we are predator at the same level than any other in the wild, just a little smarter.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:20 AM
Gone Hunting

"Studies have shown that plants communicate. Popular trees give off chemical responses to attacks from tent caterpillars. They warn other trees."

C'mon ! Really??/ And then what? the trees run away from the caterpillars? Or maybe they just stand there screaming while the caterpillars eat them alive.

I never argue with vegans, reformed smokers, NDP supporters, fence posts, my wheel barrow, dog crate, rake, ex wives, hay bales, my slippers and the list goes on. Really what's the point?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand