Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-21-2012, 11:00 AM

i to saw ur earlier post as if u dont get ur money back atleast tell every one elles the users name so they do not fall pray to his predatorial instinct . thems be the biggest words i ever used. come out swinging !
Perch 50 +
Goldeye 10
Sauger 1
Sucker 5
Old 08-21-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penner View Post
You learned a valuable lesson, believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see! You also essentially paid a $100 bucks to be rid of this guy for ever. Pretty cheap 2-for-1 deal in my books.

As for the d!ckhead who screwed you over, as murphy law seems to go, he'll get his sooner or later. It always works out that way.
indeed. lesson learnt.

book the trip myself next time, as I'm responsible and don't take cash before booking, and would return it promptly if things didn't work out.

and don't trust anyone, expecially somebody who is apparently your friend. lol
Old 08-21-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonlazo2 View Post
i to saw ur earlier post as if u dont get ur money back atleast tell every one elles the users name so they do not fall pray to his predatorial instinct . thems be the biggest words i ever used. come out swinging !
Hmmm... do you like fishing maps?
Old 08-21-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yéil View Post
And you can bet your boots that if you owed a 100 bucks for a utility bill, service or purchase on your credit card that you didn't pay, you'd be hounded until you did.

Mechanics, home trades etc can lien your property until you pay up, no matter what the minimum the amount is... why should the amount be the deciding factor whether to try and collect?

Silver, if the person that has your money is giving you excuses, ask them for a post dated cheque for the amount - make it for say, 30 days. Before you cash it, go to the bank it's drawn on and when and if there are sufficient funds, cash the darn thing.

Agreed. But was it a proper business that took a deposit? Receipts? Transactions? Then by all means, take them to small claims or "out" them here as a warning to others. (3 months is more than enough time to be fair)

So was this the case?....or was it a buddy/acquaintance and "Hey Bob, lets go fishing...here's $100, book a trip for us.." And Bob never gets back.

Either way, is it really that much of a conundrum? If I was to come onto a public forum and had ask for advice for each time I was shafted of $100....
Old 08-21-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Dave View Post
Agreed. But was it a proper business that took a deposit? Receipts? Transactions? Then by all means, take them to small claims or "out" them here as a warning to others. (3 months is more than enough time to be fair)

So was this the case?....or was it a buddy/acquaintance and "Hey Bob, lets go fishing...here's $100, book a trip for us.." And Bob never gets back.

Either way, is it really that much of a conundrum? If I was to come onto a public forum and had ask for advice for each time I was shafted of $100....
I really don't need advice... I know what to do. Just making my voice public.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slivers86 View Post
how about tarring and feathering? I think its still in the law books somehwere. Kind of like if you get kicked out of Calgary by the Police, they have to give you a flask of whiskey, a horse, and a rifle at the edge of town.
So your saying I can get a free horse and gun if I act like a ass clown...... Sweet
Old 08-21-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
If you know what to do, and want to make it public, tell us who it is or suck it up and be quiet.
nuff said:
Old 08-21-2012, 01:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincherguy View Post
If you know what to do, and want to make it public, tell us who it is or suck it up and be quiet.
nuff said:
X2!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 02:00 PM

Default Is this a hint

Quote:
Hmmm... do you like fishing maps?
is this a hint???
Old 08-21-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Then why did you ask the good folks here what to do....

I see Black dually tracks!....

All this over $100, hate to see what kind of trip was booked for $100.....

I would go over to his house announced and have coffee with his wife, over coffee I would offer her $100 to see her bare chest then when she shows them to you explain that her husband has the $100 and to collect from him....

Then when you leave the house you can feel you scammed the scammer...and you will probably feel it was worth the $100....
Old 08-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekred View Post
Then why did you ask the good folks here what to do....

I see Black dually tracks!....

All this over $100, hate to see what kind of trip was booked for $100.....

I would go over to his house announced and have coffee with his wife, over coffee I would offer her $100 to see her bare chest then when she shows them to you explain that her husband has the $100 and to collect from him....

Then when you leave the house you can feel you scammed the scammer...and you will probably feel it was worth the $100....

It better be a damn good set for $100.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:54 PM

There are always 2 sides to any story, so I don't have any opinion on who is right here, BUT I have a suggestion:
There are multiple repliers here who think that it's OK to get screwed out of 100$ - send them a PM to collect your free money, you can also tell them you will book them something....
Althoug I think some may change their pacifistic point of view after you do it to them
Old 08-21-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak-71 View Post
There are always 2 sides to any story, so I don't have any opinion on who is right here, BUT I have a suggestion:
There are multiple repliers here who think that it's OK to get screwed out of 100$ - send them a PM to collect your free money, you can also tell them you will book them something....
Althoug I think some may change their pacifistic point of view after you do it to them
I don't think anyone is saying its ok to get screwed out of any amount of money. Just saying if you can't collect it tell the world who he is. If you don't want to do that keep it to yourself
Old 08-21-2012, 04:29 PM

wow
Old 08-21-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Quote ONE person who said "it's ok to lose $100". Go on...quote it for me, I'd love to see it.
What we said was "stop whining about it publicly. Either do something about it...or be quiet." Learn to comprehend when you read.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgary dave View Post
quote one person who said "it's ok to lose $100". Go on...quote it for me, i'd love to see it.
What we said was "stop whining about it publicly. Either do something about it...or be quiet." learn to comprehend when you read.
yup x2
Old 08-21-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Quote ONE person who said "it's ok to lose $100". Go on...quote it for me, I'd love to see it.
What we said was "stop whining about it publicly. Either do something about it...or be quiet." Learn to comprehend when you read.
"...Well said Dave, a hundred bucks isn't worth losing sleep over..."
"...You learned a valuable lesson..."
"...X2 Chalk it up as a learning experience..."

Shouldn't that be enough for you to comprehend why I wrote that? Hardly "a do something" advice. I can imagine situation like that would get me really upset I would try to do something just to get back at the alleged bastard.
But again there are more than 1 side to every story
Old 08-22-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
"...Well said Dave, a hundred bucks isn't worth losing sleep over..."
"...You learned a valuable lesson..."
"...X2 Chalk it up as a learning experience..."

Shouldn't that be enough for you to comprehend why I wrote that? Hardly "a do something" advice. I can imagine situation like that would get me really upset I would try to do something just to get back at the alleged bastard.
But again there are more than 1 side to every story
Lol. Indeed there is. I'd like to know if my old friend spent my money on a new auger blade, perhaps beer. Maybe it was new boots. Who knows, and who cares. When you have someone's money, keep it aside. Especially when it's a deposit for something.

Fishing is slow this morning. Time for a beer
Old 08-22-2012, 10:33 AM

Check your pm box . I think I can get something situated for you .
Old 08-22-2012, 01:33 PM

Default Lost $100

Consider it the cost of finding out who your real friends are. If you still talk to the individual, start every conversation with "where's my $100?". If not, well, then consider that money spent on keeping that guy/gal from ever bothering you again. You would be amazed how much better your life will be if you do not surround yourself with greedy, morally questionable individuals. What else would this guy/gal have "taken" from you? wasted your time on frivalous things for their gain? "Borrowed" your property? How many times did you do something together where you had to pick up the tab? If s/he's too broke to cough up $100 to keep you as a friend, you are probably coming out ahead in the long run. Don't let it bother you that you didn't let this unscrupulous (sp?) person drag you down to their level.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarplayingfish View Post
I remember seeing this earlier on your posts - I'm very sorry you got screwed. If there is nothing you can do by law to get your money back, I would probably head over there with a baseball bat or a pair of brass knuckles....
X2

I usually don't read all the posts before answering with the baseball bat trick because most of the earlier posts are heart felt condolences with no solution. Glad this is the first post lol more people need to be accountable for their actions!

Old 08-22-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition101 View Post
X2

I usually don't read all the posts before answering with the baseball bat trick because most of the earlier posts are heart felt condolences with no solution. Glad this is the first post lol more people need to be accountable for their actions!
People do need to be held accountable, the ones that pick up the bat should be at the top of the list. Not the right solution.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincherguy View Post
People do need to be held accountable, the ones that pick up the bat should be at the top of the list. Not the right solution.
Exactly. What makes me laugh, is experience has taught me from over 30 years in the construction biz, where "non-payment" is quite common...every "armchair-warrior's" advice is "Oh, just go over there with a baseball bat.." yet none of these guys have actually ever done that. Because if it were done, they A) Would DEFINITELY never get their money, and B) Would be charged with a criminal offense, with job loss and possible jail time. It's about as effective as "internet tough-guy threats".
Old 08-23-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Exactly. What makes me laugh, is experience has taught me from over 30 years in the construction biz, where "non-payment" is quite common...every "armchair-warrior's" advice is "Oh, just go over there with a baseball bat.." yet none of these guys have actually ever done that. Because if it were done, they A) Would DEFINITELY never get their money, and B) Would be charged with a criminal offense, with job loss and possible jail time. It's about as effective as "internet tough-guy threats".
As I stated at the very start of the thread:

"I know, it was more of something I would like to do in a situation like that but wouldn't... haha."

There are many people over the years who I have felt needed a good sh*t kicking to get my point across...Some people just never learn.

Believe it or not though, I do know the difference between right and wrong.. Everyone on the planet knows the difference.. I just hope Karma exists, because I know that my life is worth a hell of a lot more than one night of revenge (as tempting as it may be in certain situations).
Old 08-23-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarplayingfish View Post
As I stated at the very start of the thread:

"I know, it was more of something I would like to do in a situation like that but wouldn't... haha."

There are many people over the years who I have felt needed a good sh*t kicking to get my point across...Some people just never learn.

Believe it or not though, I do know the difference between right and wrong.. Everyone on the planet knows the difference.. I just hope Karma exists, because I know that my life is worth a hell of a lot more than one night of revenge (as tempting as it may be in certain situations).
Oh I knew your post was made "tongue-in-cheek", and I have often felt the same. Just the re-iteration of the same point as if it's viable, just gets "old"