Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alodar View Post
Just a little FYI you aren,t so stellar at conservation yourself. Are you aware that small rodents that you call "pests" are part of the natural food chain so you sir by your own words shoud basically be flogged like the kind sir that caught the very nice fish. I don't intentionally kill any animals I don't intend to eat. I believe if you kill it you eat it .... unless the law says u cant eat it in which case its a damn shame the trout died but I garantee EVERY angler on this forum has killed AT LEAST one fish by accident. So get off your high hosre and try giving your own farts a sniff yes sir they infact do not smell like roses as you would have us believe but they smell like POOP. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". and you sir are not without sin so do us all a favor and keep your negative feedback to yourself.

i never did like shakespeare so im not sure i totally get what you are sayin here dude. to start with....check my first post in this thread. i did not flog the guy at all. congrats were in order...and given. then go ahead and check my last post where i state pretty clear that i did not intend to sound holier than thou. i did in fact say that we have all done something at one time or another that could harm a fish intended to be released. an example for me would be holding a fish for a picture and it flopped out of my hands and hit the rocks before he flipped into the lake. it happens....just like jace's fish hopped out of the net onto the gravel. as for gophers....really? you really dont think i know that all critters are part of the big picture? i dont know where you live, but where i come from, they are far from endangered and yes they are considered a pest. if you dont want to shoot em....dont. but your reasons mean that you also cannot ever swat a skeeter....ever without eating it. they are part of the ecosystem too ya know. they are food for dragonflies, bats, spiders, fish and others. good gawd man.....you're preaching to the choir here buddy.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:22 PM

Don't like the mud & rock pics but nice fish regardless
Old 05-28-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
Dude, you do both at the same time.
If you are willing to give me a location where I can fish and hunt for Morels at the same time, I will give you half of what I catch and find!!!!!
Unfortunately the location where I can hunt or know to hunt for morels is a bit of a walk to the lake. It is close but there is no way I can do both. Unless I secure my rod to a tree and come back every couple hours to check it.
Trust me I wish I could.

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 05-28-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn?Narn. View Post
None of mine go back...but they aren't bulls ...

Great post, love the pics,..keep at it !!!!

That is a beautiful catch. Those fish aren't too bad either! Man, I have got to find a way to catch a laker. Skunked twice so far - maybe third time will be lucky. Minnewanka, I am starting to get pi**ed off.