Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-14-2014, 12:48 PM

Default T and T in sherwood park

Man is it nice to have this guy in the area. Just spent the morning there shooting the whole APA line up. the rep was there with all the demos. Nice bows.

I am about to upgrade from the 8 y/o Mathews Drenalin. which I love.
so i am torn between a couple of bowtechs or the APA viper nano.

so the guy that owns the place takes all 3 bows, and mine(mathews)
sets them all to same draw length, same weight and grabs 3 identical arrows and away we go. first we shoot several 10 yard groups.Broke a few knocks.. then 20, then we crono them all.

wow that is unreal service. after all that . which was about 1.5 hrs, I am going with a bowthech carbon bow that was fast accurate and super light weight.

I am very happy with the service and expertise. Went to Cabelas North yesterday and was treated very well, but the staff didn't know their product and the prices were a bit higher, so there is no doubt T and T is getting my business.

Nice to see .
Brock
Old 12-14-2014, 12:55 PM

I will be getting into Bow Hunting for next fall. I appreciate the heads up I will be heading there.
Old 12-14-2014, 03:32 PM

What bow brands do they carry?
Old 12-14-2014, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookiemoosehunter View Post
What bow brands do they carry?
PSE, Bowtech, OK Archery, Athens for sure....I think Prime/G5 and APA also.

LC
Old 12-14-2014, 04:48 PM

Good choice on the bowtech. I chose the carbon overdrive for last year and haven't looked back since. It is faster than either of the destroyer 350's I have had (which both met their Ibo spec), and it has a half inch more bh but is super quiet. Awesome hunting bow! Fwiw, mine IBO's at around 355. If you are willing to spend some time tweeking it will perform very nicely.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1 View Post
Man is it nice to have this guy in the area. Just spent the morning there shooting the whole APA line up. the rep was there with all the demos. Nice bows.

I am about to upgrade from the 8 y/o Mathews Drenalin. which I love.
so i am torn between a couple of bowtechs or the APA viper nano.

so the guy that owns the place takes all 3 bows, and mine(mathews)
sets them all to same draw length, same weight and grabs 3 identical arrows and away we go. first we shoot several 10 yard groups.Broke a few knocks.. then 20, then we crono them all.

wow that is unreal service. after all that . which was about 1.5 hrs, I am going with a bowthech carbon bow that was fast accurate and super light weight.

I am very happy with the service and expertise. Went to Cabelas North yesterday and was treated very well, but the staff didn't know their product and the prices were a bit higher, so there is no doubt T and T is getting my business.

Nice to see .
Brock
I was also at T and T and like Brock stated in his post the service was excellent and I tried any bow I wanted. I am also leaning towards buying a new bowtech. Most likely the 360 for me. However we did run the APA Cobra through the crony 70lbs 29" draw 12grain arrow 333fps. Either way T and T will be getting my business
Old 12-14-2014, 06:17 PM

Nice to see a shop in Alberta carrying Athens archery! I know how many people have bought Athens after seeing my bows. It will be interesting to see how many Albertans now take to Athens, that they can actually try them!
Old 12-15-2014, 04:22 PM

Just curious......what was more important to you, the speed or the accuracy of the bows you shot and if you don't mind posting the results of each one if you can remember. Thanks
Old 12-16-2014, 08:49 PM

Default speed or accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHOOCH View Post
Just curious......what was more important to you, the speed or the accuracy of the bows you shot and if you don't mind posting the results of each one if you can remember. Thanks
Great question SCHOOCH...
because I didn't know my self how I was gonna go. But I will tell you this, and this should satisfy the best archer on here, I shot all of the bows multiple times with a 3 shot group long before I hit the chrono. My mathews Drenalin and the Carbon Bowtech shot by far the best groups for me.
the APA was slower than both and less accurate and the super expensive Bowtech Carbon Bow was only 2 fps faster than the Bowtech carbon I felt the best on. and not as good of a group. but super close. and 400.00 more BTW

so we left my mathews at 65 and turned the Bowtech carbon to 60 lbs. the Bowthech was 298 and the drenalin was 271 with the same arrow.

I shot 3 more 3 arrow groups and the accuracy was a 1-1.5" group with both at 20 yards. ok maybe 2"

so easy decision to upgrade and now time to play with different arrows with my new Bowthech. The arrow we used was significantly longer than what I will use and will increase my speed with my hunting arrows to well over 300 fps. for real on a chrono, not just saying it will be...

All I hoped for was a lighter bow than I have, faster and at least as accurate . had a 1500.00 budget and high hopes. Just time to upgrade. I did shoot a nice bull elk and nice bull moose with the Drenalin this year.. Just time for a new bow.. mine is 8 years old

and the last part to answer your question, I would have shot a slower bow if it was more accurate and simply just fit perfect. kinda like a Ball cap.

but I didn't have to.

loved the APA line up too. just didn't work for me. and not as fast as I hoped on the chrono. the nano anyway.

hope that answers your question.
Cheers
B.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:06 PM

Which Athens bows did they have, if you can recall?
Old 12-16-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
Which Athens bows did they have, if you can recall?
Testament for sure....only one I remember.

LC
Old 12-16-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normanrd View Post
Good choice on the bowtech. I chose the carbon overdrive for last year and haven't looked back since. It is faster than either of the destroyer 350's I have had (which both met their Ibo spec), and it has a half inch more bh but is super quiet. Awesome hunting bow! Fwiw, mine IBO's at around 355. If you are willing to spend some time tweeking it will perform very nicely.
That's insane I have to go shoot one of these. Afraid if I do I'll be a proud new owner.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBFK View Post
That's insane I have to go shoot one of these. Afraid if I do I'll be a proud new owner.

Don't be afraid! Embrace it, lol! The only thing I find on mine is that it has a "skew" to the right when at full draw. Really doesn't affect much, but I know it is a probably the most efficient bow I have ever owned. As a hunting bow it is fantastic! Draw cycle is a little stiff but it tuned up to be ultra accurate. I shot a couple of 5" to 6" groups at 100 yards with it just goofing around, which is pretty good for me!

Norm
Old 12-18-2014, 09:58 PM

Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by normanrd View Post
I'd really like to talk to you about setting this bow up. You got me all excited!
Old 12-20-2014, 11:28 PM

Went here last week to shoot my compound at the range. Mentioned that I had never shot a recurve and the owner strung one up, gave me a quick lesson and let me take a few rounds with it. Great shop, will be getting my future business for sure. Really make you feel welcome, not pretensious or elitist like some other shops I've been to.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1 View Post
I'd really like to talk to you about setting this bow up. You got me all excited!

For sure, pm me and maybe we can get together and we can do some super tuning!
Old 12-25-2014, 07:35 AM

Was thinking about getting my son set up with a bow. Checked out Trophy in Spruce Grove but that's a fair distance away. Does T and T offer lessons and where are they located in the Park.
Old 12-26-2014, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADBOY View Post
Was thinking about getting my son set up with a bow. Checked out Trophy in Spruce Grove but that's a fair distance away. Does T and T offer lessons and where are they located in the Park.
I believe they do. and they have a website with all the info you require. They are just north of baseline behind the brewhouse. on that little service rd between home depot and costco.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:42 PM

Can't wait until he gets a the new Athens split limb "Solace" in stock .....might call and get my name put on the list tomorrow!
Old 01-01-2015, 10:23 PM

Does anybody know if T & T Archery is open Friday, January 2? Hours?
Old 01-01-2015, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow dog View Post
Does anybody know if T & T Archery is open Friday, January 2? Hours?
Not sure but I think they are, Jimbows is also open tomorrow regular hours. Both are great places run by great people!

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 01-01-2015 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:19 PM

Went in today and shot for couple hours. Great atmosphere and even more lefty archers!
Old 01-05-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADBOY View Post

I would say that trophy book is okay in good in terms of selection and actually a few a their staff are really quite good. It's just that every time I go in there I always feel like I'm being looked down upon and the owner can be really egotistical. Unless your buying something the owner can be a real ***** and I won't be going back for a long time

It seems as though they treat you any way they like and charge poor range fees because they have been the only shop around other than Sherwood park. Thank god Wyld archery and jim bows filled the void. Great service from both these shops and hopefully now trophy book will step down off their high horse and provide some decent customer service.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:57 PM

Default very impressed... again and no I don't even know the owners

another great experience at T and T tonight.
took my 2 girls and my wife shot for her very first time.

I ordered my new bow tech from there last week and told the owners I really want to set it up nice. Top notch everything.
I also told them I have a 400$ gift card at Cabelas, so if he recommended some accessories, please let me know.
Well he goes and grabs one of the guys shooting and introduces me to him. a young guy that is an archery pro who works at Cabelas North.
He sets it up so I can go spend money on equipment there. Never batted and eye. Truly classy.
what a difference from the previous archery business in sherwood park.

other than the 400$, I will continue to spend every dollar I spend on arrows and shooting/accesories with these fine folks.

he even refused to charge me for my wifes first time archery shooting tonight and her rental.
Very happy small business owners like this still exist.
can't say enough.
B.