Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-30-2023, 09:09 AM

Location: Retired and living in the only desert in Central B.C. overlooking the Thompson River.
Default Best Phone App Ballastic Calculator

Since Strelok has been banned or update not available, what would everyone recommend as a phone app that is close to what Strelok did? I’ve got new guns, new loads, new scopes and need to input for competition this coming year.
Old 12-30-2023, 09:23 AM

I use the Hornady 4DOF ballistic calculator and it is very accurate for me. I use it primarily for 22LR shooting.
Old 12-30-2023, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back Country Hunter View Post
I use the Hornady 4DOF ballistic calculator and it is very accurate for me. I use it primarily for 22LR shooting.
Same here 4DOF is very close to actual, I have a sig sauer 2400ABS range finder that has a program on my phone and does calculations, it is very close to the 4DOF sheets that I print off, within 0.2 MIL at 1000 yards

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 12-30-2023, 10:00 AM

Only banned on Iphone. You can still get it through the Samsung store as well as Hauwei (sp?) store.

Past Strelok, and without having to pay almost $40 for Applied Ballistics, I have started to try out the Revic app. It seems to match up pretty well to my Strelok solutions for the few rifles I have input in to it.
Old 12-30-2023, 10:12 AM

Location: Retired and living in the only desert in Central B.C. overlooking the Thompson River.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFitter View Post
Only banned on Iphone. You can still get it through the Samsung store as well as Hauwei (sp?) store.

Past Strelok, and without having to pay almost $40 for Applied Ballistics, I have started to try out the Revic app. It seems to match up pretty well to my Strelok solutions for the few rifles I have input in to it.
I have a Samsung phone and cannot update. Even went through Samsung Help Line and they said it wasn’t updated by the app designer or something to that effect. If you’ve updated recently please let me know what you did.
Old 12-30-2023, 10:35 AM

To echo Scott, I’ve also been running the Revic app. I migrated from iSnipe(which hasn’t been supported for some time). It took maybe all of an hour to get the jist. I’ve come to really like the truing portion of the app.
Old 12-30-2023, 11:57 AM

You need to buy it again. Lots of talk about it over on the Facebook group, and Igor is still very much involved and updating, only certain places however. Do not use the Google Play store, try the Samsung store or Hauwei like I said above.
Old 12-30-2023, 11:43 PM

Default Applied Ballistics

The applied ballistics app is one of the best out there. Bryan Litz is one of the leaders in this field. He has done work with the US military. He works with Berger/Lapua.

Here is a link to there Youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/@AppliedBallisticsLLC
Old 12-31-2023, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
The applied ballistics app is one of the best out there. Bryan Litz is one of the leaders in this field. He has done work with the US military. He works with Berger/Lapua.

Here is a link to there Youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/@AppliedBallisticsLLC
Another vote for Litzy’s AB. I’ve used it for years in a Kestrel. That gives the best of both worlds. Wonderful ballistic software coupled with the data from environmentals that the Kestrel provides. And with the Kestrel, you can set up rifle profiles. Quick and easy. Oh, also my Terrapin rangefinder talks to the Kestrel. I just range a target, and that distance is automatically transferred to the Kestrel. And there’s my dope. Again, easy.

Phone not required or needed with a Kestrel with AB.

Last edited by 6MT; 12-31-2023 at 08:58 AM.
Old 12-31-2023, 09:20 AM

I don’t have a Kestrel and not planning to invest in the near future. Quite a few of the guys from our club that shot precision have the Kestrel but $500-700 investment isn’t in the cards for now.
Old 12-31-2023, 10:48 AM

Another vote for AB mobile and a kestrel.
Old 12-31-2023, 01:32 PM

Kestrel 5700 elite with the AB built into it. I never go to the range without it.
Old 01-06-2024, 06:36 PM

Default Strelok Updated

So I was able to update Strelok Pro today but it cost me another $14! I sent an email to Boris, the developer (option inside Strelok options and he replied within hrs) about getting an update and he told me to use either Samsung or Hauwei store to download. Samsung didn’t work, Huawei did. Downloaded the Huawei store, did the CC. thing and then Strelok Plus download. Had my new scope data, updated the info and ready to dial in some distances. Boris told me to export my current Strelok Plus rifles data to Dropbox which I could import back to Strelok but wasn’t necessary. Pretty happy that I’ve been able to update.