Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-20-2011, 10:34 PM

fishbase.org has the maximum published size as 152 cm and 34 kg. This was probably caught in a commercial net. As their distribution is from canada east to aisa it could be from anywhere. One can hope we have some like that here.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinggeek View Post
Monster burbot. Thread caught my eye. lol. Good luck on the hunt. took us 4 years of fishing dief in feb-may 5-6 times a month to catch ours. Yeah the one i pulled out last year at this time was 25lbs 2oz. Was a true blob, and a new World Record. Only had 41inch lenght but the girth was UNREAL for a burbot, 24.5 inch. Iv heard ALOT or rumors of bigger ones being caught but not documented, sofar they are just rumors. Good luck and fish hard.

Hooooly Freakin Crap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-21-2011, 12:10 PM

Here's a picture of the burb's we brought home this year from our favorite lake. There was 3 of us and we pulled in over 40 fish but only kept 5 each. They were kinda frozen by the time we left so we left them in the tub for 5-6 hrs while we grabbed a few winks. Went back to the same spot the next Saturday and only kept 3 nice ones. Went out this last Saturday nite and hardly any were pulled up by all the people out there. One of the big ones we kept was over my 20lb scale.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 188688_10150431288295506_595670505_17426071_3736571_n.jpg (61.8 KB, 95 views)
Old 03-21-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valve god View Post
Here's a picture of the burb's we brought home this year from our favorite lake. There was 3 of us and we pulled in over 40 fish but only kept 5 each. They were kinda frozen by the time we left so we left them in the tub for 5-6 hrs while we grabbed a few winks. Went back to the same spot the next Saturday and only kept 3 nice ones. Went out this last Saturday nite and hardly any were pulled up by all the people out there. One of the big ones we kept was over my 20lb scale.
a bath tub full of eelpout! thats awesome. how come i haven't seen your pic on one of those "you know yer a redneck when..." emails? good job.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daceminnow View Post
a bath tub full of eelpout! thats awesome. how come i haven't seen your pic on one of those "you know yer a redneck when..." emails? good job.
I the tub was the wifes idea and when I come in the house after cleaning them see had the whole bathroom cleaned and fresh.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinggeek View Post
Monster burbot. Thread caught my eye. lol. Good luck on the hunt. took us 4 years of fishing dief in feb-may 5-6 times a month to catch ours. Yeah the one i pulled out last year at this time was 25lbs 2oz. Was a true blob, and a new World Record. Only had 41inch lenght but the girth was UNREAL for a burbot, 24.5 inch. Iv heard ALOT or rumors of bigger ones being caught but not documented, sofar they are just rumors. Good luck and fish hard.

WOW! That's way bigger then Burbot I have ever seen. And I thought I had seen some really big ones.