Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 06-20-2017, 05:25 AM
Sundancefisher's Avatar
Sundancefisher Sundancefisher is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Perchville
Posts: 12,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorahsDad View Post
You're degenerating into a babbling SJW now. What does that even mean, that I "believe in hate"? That I believe hate exists in the world? I suppose so.

Do you know who else believes in hate?


I am certainly not spreading hate, if that's what you're insinuating. I'm trying to have a very honest and fact-based discussion about where the loyalties of "true" Muslims ought to lie. You're the one bringing emotions into this.


The word you're looking for is "translated", not interpreted. And yes I realize that. So what? Are you challenging the accuracy of the translation? Find me a better one, if so. You linked dozens of translations of a single passage above and they all said essentially the same thing. All of these translations are done by Muslim scholars and there is not much difference between them. I don't see your point in pointing it out.


Just like the last guy, you're trying to deflect to Christianity. Christianity and the Bible are completely irrelevant to this discussion. It's just one fallacy after nothing coming from you. You still have done nothing to meet my challenge posed earlier in this thread and you have done nothing to counter my argument.
Pointing out traits of one religion and vilifying it while ignoring or protecting the similar traits in others proves bias in your thinking.

What does "wali" means in Arabic?
__________________
Mark Twain said it best... "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 06-20-2017, 05:44 AM
bigskinner bigskinner is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 394
Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
When you state running into a crowd of innocent people is payback. That is wrong. Period. That guy was wrong. Condoning his behaviour is wrong. Making excuses for a wrong doesn't make a right.

And after your posts I am still shaking my head in disbelief.

And you still don't understand my post , GOOD GRIEF , where did l say what he did was right , of course its wrong , l,m not condoning anything here ,did l say l condon it NO , but what do you expect from our side , when the Muslem groups kill innocent people , in fact 3 times now.

And when this white guy ran his vehicle into innocent muslems , it was a revenge attack , no question about it , that's all l,m stating and it was .
Shake your head again , this time read the post closer
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 06-20-2017, 06:17 AM
Kurt505's Avatar
Kurt505 Kurt505 is online now
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: edmonton
Posts: 7,850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Pointing out traits of one religion and vilifying it while ignoring or protecting the similar traits in others proves bias in your thinking.

What does "wali" means in Arabic?
Deflect much?

Why not just answer his question Sundance? You're yelling it from the mountain tops, but you're just yelling. Like a dog barking in the back yard just to make noise.

From an outsiders point of view CorahsDad seems to know the facts of what he's talking about, you...... not so much.

Just saying.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 06-20-2017, 06:30 AM
Sundancefisher's Avatar
Sundancefisher Sundancefisher is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Perchville
Posts: 12,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskinner View Post
And you still don't understand my post , GOOD GRIEF , where did l say what he did was right , of course its wrong , l,m not condoning anything here ,did l say l condon it NO , but what do you expect from our side , when the Muslem groups kill innocent people , in fact 3 times now.

And when this white guy ran his vehicle into innocent muslems , it was a revenge attack , no question about it , that's all l,m stating and it was .
Shake your head again , this time read the post closer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskinner View Post
Actually its payback time not terrorisum.
This guy figures if they can do it to us , then we can do it to them
Again as a response to your post. It is not payback time. That is a poor statement. It is not payback on terrorists if you kill innocent people as a response.

It is not true revenge because the attack was unprovoked on innocent people so unless you preface that with the statement revenge in the mind of an extremely twisted evil individual that was wrong on all points to do what he did.

Simple. Keep shaking your head till you agree with that.
__________________
Mark Twain said it best... "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 06-20-2017, 06:33 AM
Sundancefisher's Avatar
Sundancefisher Sundancefisher is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Perchville
Posts: 12,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Deflect much?

Why not just answer his question Sundance? You're yelling it from the mountain tops, but you're just yelling. Like a dog barking in the back yard just to make noise.

From an outsiders point of view CorahsDad seems to know the facts of what he's talking about, you...... not so much.

Just saying.
Wali has many meanings in Arabic. To be clear when interpreting that statement using the simple western term friend is likely inappropriate because the intent likely refers to a deeper spiritual meaning and being a spiritual text you want followers to be deeply connected to similar minded folks.

Again...we keep going around in circles about a religion that does similar things as others but vilify one while ignoring the similarity of others.

Fact is...fanatics don't rule any religion. Fact is the Muslim community does need to shout that from the rooftops.
__________________
Mark Twain said it best... "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 06-20-2017, 07:03 AM
Kurt505's Avatar
Kurt505 Kurt505 is online now
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: edmonton
Posts: 7,850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Wali has many meanings in Arabic. To be clear when interpreting that statement using the simple western term friend is likely inappropriate because the intent likely refers to a deeper spiritual meaning and being a spiritual text you want followers to be deeply connected to similar minded folks.

Again...we keep going around in circles about a religion that does similar things as others but vilify one while ignoring the similarity of others.

Fact is...fanatics don't rule any religion. Fact is the Muslim community does need to shout that from the rooftops.
You're defending against yourself, because nobody has condoned what was done, you interpreted what they used as a description of their intupretaion of the situation, as them condoning his actions simply because he is not Muslim.

Fwiw, I have a lot of Muslim friends and I don't see any more or less hate in them than any of my non Muslim friends, but all of them are westernized Muslims, they understand western culture and accept it. I believe where the conflict arises is where the western culture is not understood or accepted, it's easy to radicalize by using their own interpretation of the Koran. The resentment of Muslims is the same thing, with people not understanding Middle East culture and assuming all Muslims are radicals.

It certainly wouldn't hurt for the Muslims to shout it from the mountaintops that radical Muslims should not be tolerated and action towards the radicals should be taken by the entire Muslim community, but that's not something you see. It seems to be a "well it doesn't affect me so I don't care" type mentality, but now that the shoe is on the other foot, it's starting to affect them.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 06-20-2017, 07:09 AM
Sigg Sigg is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Pointing out traits of one religion and vilifying it while ignoring or protecting the similar traits in others proves bias in your thinking.

What does "wali" means in Arabic?
Was your name Ezra Levant in a different lifetime?
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 06-20-2017, 07:39 AM
bigskinner bigskinner is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Again as a response to your post. It is not payback time. That is a poor statement. It is not payback on terrorists if you kill innocent people as a response.

It is not true revenge because the attack was unprovoked on innocent people so unless you preface that with the statement revenge in the mind of an extremely twisted evil individual that was wrong on all points to do what he did.

Simple. Keep shaking your head till you agree with that.








OHHHHHHHH MANNNNNNNNNN , l give up
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 06-20-2017, 08:07 AM
Kurt505's Avatar
Kurt505 Kurt505 is online now
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: edmonton
Posts: 7,850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskinner View Post
OHHHHHHHH MANNNNNNNNNN , l give up
Lol!
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 06-20-2017, 08:26 AM
ReconWilly ReconWilly is offline
Suspended User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Again as a response to your post. It is not payback time. That is a poor statement. It is not payback on terrorists if you kill innocent people as a response.

It is not true revenge because the attack was unprovoked on innocent people so unless you preface that with the statement revenge in the mind of an extremely twisted evil individual that was wrong on all points to do what he did.

Simple. Keep shaking your head till you agree with that.
Seriously what is wrong with you?, you are a selfindulgent SJW...always triggered and always vitue signaling...It's disgusting, these people can speak for themselves and never asked you or anyone else to speak for them but your so PRIVILIDGED that you thought that you knew better...you didn't.

LISTEN to Morgan Freeman explain his take on black history month and GET OVER YOURSELF...I'm on my way to the mountains to fish for the day, i hope you have a good one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FRnTovm26I4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1170.jpg (78.0 KB, 15 views)
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 06-20-2017, 09:28 AM
Headdamage Headdamage is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Yellowknife/Calgary
Posts: 537
Default

To in anyway defend the vile creature that ran down the group of people in this incident is wrong, as is any defense of any of these attacks no matter who the targets are.

I would also like to point out that the Imam saved the worthless turd from the beating death he deserved. This demonstrates a higher level of morality that seems to be voiced by some posters here.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 06-20-2017, 11:51 AM
Sundancefisher's Avatar
Sundancefisher Sundancefisher is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Perchville
Posts: 12,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconWilly View Post
Seriously what is wrong with you?, you are a selfindulgent SJW...always triggered and always vitue signaling...It's disgusting, these people can speak for themselves and never asked you or anyone else to speak for them but your so PRIVILIDGED that you thought that you knew better...you didn't.

LISTEN to Morgan Freeman explain his take on black history month and GET OVER YOURSELF...I'm on my way to the mountains to fish for the day, i hope you have a good one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FRnTovm26I4
No SJW here...just someone who stands up and shouts crap when it stares them in the face. Just like the Muslim community need to stand up against fanatics and radicals so must we stand up against those that spread the blame unfairly.

It doesn't take being name called and insulted to take a common sense stand. I say it over and over again. Killing innocent people from crimes of another is not right no matter how some paranoid and over zealous internet surfers think a take over is happening.
__________________
Mark Twain said it best... "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 06-20-2017, 07:36 PM
nelsonob1's Avatar
nelsonob1 nelsonob1 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Nelson BC
Posts: 1,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Why don't you pm him if you honestly want an answer. Or do you want recognition for pointing out what everyone reading the thread has already concluded?
Unfortunately he's banned now so I missed that opportunity. Next time if you could PM me what to do I will be able to react quicker. Some of us don't spend as much time as others on the forum and are not so fast at figuring it all out. I do appreciate the help though, thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 06-20-2017, 07:49 PM
Norwest Alta Norwest Alta is online now
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 994
Default

What's a sjw?
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 06-20-2017, 07:51 PM
rugatika's Avatar
rugatika rugatika is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 17,664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
What's a sjw?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFrZsGbO6N0
__________________
"Wise man not keep sledge hammer and slow computer in same room." - Confucius
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 06-20-2017, 08:21 PM
300magman's Avatar
300magman 300magman is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Lol....which one of those is Sundance fisher?
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 06-21-2017, 05:24 AM
Norwest Alta Norwest Alta is online now
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 994
Default

Thanks rugs. Makes a lot of sense now.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 06-21-2017, 05:55 AM
Badgerbadger Badgerbadger is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
What's a sjw?
SJW is Social Justice Warrior.

It's typically used in a derogatory fashion, against those who advocate for socially progressive views, including feminism, civil rights, multiculturalism, and identity politics.
__________________
"It'd be nice if...."
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 06-21-2017, 06:15 AM
elkhunter11 elkhunter11 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Camrose
Posts: 28,141
Default

This could simply be one isolated case of one deranged individual attacking a group of people. At this point nobody knows what his true motive was, or what his mental state was.
__________________
Only accurate guns are interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 06-21-2017, 06:28 AM
rugatika's Avatar
rugatika rugatika is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 17,664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
This could simply be one isolated case of one deranged individual attacking a group of people. At this point nobody knows what his true motive was, or what his mental state was.
Exactly. This clearly was NOT motivated by a religious doctrine he was following that espoused the wholesale murder of people who did not follow his faith.
__________________
"Wise man not keep sledge hammer and slow computer in same room." - Confucius
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 06-21-2017, 06:32 AM
Norwest Alta Norwest Alta is online now
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 994
Default

I'm not much of a religious guy but doesn't the bible say " eye for a eye tooth for a tooth"? Might of been just the words of my dad lol.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 06-21-2017, 06:58 AM
Sundancefisher's Avatar
Sundancefisher Sundancefisher is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Perchville
Posts: 12,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300magman View Post
Lol....which one of those is Sundance fisher?
LOL

That was funny

__________________
Mark Twain said it best... "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 06-21-2017, 07:00 AM
Stinky Buffalo's Avatar
Stinky Buffalo Stinky Buffalo is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: A bit North o' Center...
Posts: 5,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
I'm not much of a religious guy but doesn't the bible say " eye for a eye tooth for a tooth"? Might of been just the words of my dad lol.
Heh! It does, but context is everything. It's mosaic civil law written during the birth of the Israelite nation.

It wasn't about personal revenge; there was a judicial system in place at the time - this was to guide their rulings when settling matters where conflict resulted in personal injury.

With a rule like that in place, someone thought twice before injuring someone else.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.