Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-18-2015, 10:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Theres no way the NDP are getting a majority government, no matter what the polls say.
You got that right bro

the AO poll says Harper majority
Old 08-18-2015, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxor View Post
You got that right bro

It'll be interesting to say the least. I see the Libs taking Ontario, Quebec, and BC while the NDP and Cons fight over the rest of Canada.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxor View Post
You got that right bro

I wish ao represented the canadian vote.
Unforunately, my entire generation are ndp'ers.
Will be an interesting election for sure.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro1 View Post
I wish ao represented the canadian vote.
Unforunately, my entire generation are ndp'ers.
Will be an interesting election for sure.
it's scary how ignorant we are as a generation. assuming you're early 80s baby like moi.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 08-19-2015, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
I didn't know moose could be so insightful.

There are some people who might hold grudge - but, I would like to think, most of the gang on here may disagree and sometimes it gets a little chippy - but at the end of the day the vast majority of guys will respect each other's opinions.

Even though I'm usually right and they are usually wrong. lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
I don't know if it has got worse or not but you opened a thread you knew would be highly contentious. In your intro, you used a lot of 'literary licence' to make a point, then put the people you disagree with on ignore.

That smacks to me they are not entitled to an opinion in your estimation. I still think I can learn stuff from people I disagree with, maybe moreso than like minds. I'm an adult, I can choose to stay on the sidelines or engage....
wise men you two are.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 08-19-2015, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post
it's scary how ignorant we are as a generation. assuming you're early 80s baby like moi.
Ignorant, stupid, lazy, false sense of entitlement just because...
Nope, younger by another decade or so.

Most of my friends are pre 90's, still no better.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro1 View Post
Ignorant, stupid, lazy, false sense of entitlement just because...
Nope, younger by another decade or so.

Most of my friends are pre 90's, still no better.
So I'm an 80's baby, what exactly am I entitled too? Not many social programs for 30 year old white males with jobs. I guess I'm entitled to fund programs, but not entitled to use them. But I guess come December I'll be rolling in the baby bonus lol
Old 08-19-2015, 09:07 AM

Entitlement must be like an addictive drug because it seems to seduce believers of every "political" stripe.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Watch it with those generalizations! Joking of course.

There are a few of us 80's babies that are not NDP. Some of us work for the dollars that go into our bank accounts. Too many or the 80's kids went into the liberal arts programs and now they find it hard to pay for their fancy juices and coffees without government support (and I wish I was joking about this part...).
Old 08-19-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
I been saying this all along. While there are many reasons for it IMO, I believe it's largely a result of the education 'regime'. Roots in the sixties.

We aint seen nuttin yet. Wait till these people have kids, and so on. oh boy.....
Old 08-19-2015, 12:11 PM
Banned

Lightbulb

I'm an 80s baby. Finished highschool, no college I now own and manage a company with 22 employees. I am never ever going to vote ndp. I got off my ass and did something with my life.. im not into paying the way of my former classmates that sit on theor fat butts at mom and dad's house watching the world pass them by. Doing that is allowing people to steal from me. If it gets bad enough I'll just sell all my assets, shut down the business and move to Asia somewhere and chill on the beach.talk about job creation eh lol (sarcasm) No way am I paying the lazy man's way. NO WAY it is not my responsibility to help people who are too lazy to help themselves
Old 08-19-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by score View Post
I been saying this all along. While there are many reasons for it IMO, I believe it's largely a result of the education 'regime'. Roots in the sixties.
We aint seen nuttin yet. Wait till these people have kids, and so on. oh boy.....
I think the stats say that the majority that cast ballots are 50+ ? For those who are disgusted by "handouts", there is always the option of returning funds or not applying for them in the first place. There is nothing wrong with standing up for your beliefs. Accordingly, I reckon more than half those receiving those generous Family Allowance cheques will be marking them "return to sender".
Old 08-19-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burglecut83 View Post
I'm an 80s baby. Finished highschool, no college I now own and manage a company with 22 employees. I am never ever going to vote ndp. I got off my ass and did something with my life.. im not into paying the way of my former classmates that sit on theor fat butts at mom and dad's house watching the world pass them by. Doing that is allowing people to steal from me. If it gets bad enough I'll just sell all my assets, shut down the business and move to Asia somewhere and chill on the beach.talk about job creation eh lol (sarcasm) No way am I paying the lazy man's way. NO WAY it is not my responsibility to help people who are too lazy to help themselves

You were raised well, you didn't get brainwashed in college, you are intelligent and are able to think critically,.........perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
I think the stats say that the majority that cast ballots are 50+ ? For those who are disgusted by "handouts", there is always the option of returning funds or not applying for them in the first place. There is nothing wrong with standing up for your beliefs. Accordingly, I reckon more than half those receiving those generous Family Allowance cheques will be marking them "return to sender".
I don't think you understood my meaning.