Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 09:01 AM

You are so... Some of my best friends are bowhunters! Just not me, so I have to wait until November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Weeks, it's couple of weeks man.

Bowhunters are people too you know!
Old 08-19-2015, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winch101 View Post
Incoming message from the big giant head .....

Minutes ago PM from OP ..

He would call me an fing idiot if it wasn't for the mods ....he did vote NDP

He just wants to get rid of those who disagree . Period

He is not happy but feels justified .

So ,I dare say ,am I having a good DAY or what ,
After all these years my first , personal flame

I'm touched .......really isn't that what these threads are all about
Who cracks first ....I love the General Discussion😍

Why should you be the only one who gets unsolicited Pm's from the op?
Good to know he spreads it around.

Well no problem, teachers will be busy enough in a few weeks playing 8 ball pool on their hand held device while the students be studenting.

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 08-19-2015, 09:07 AM
Banned

I'm going to disagree with you as many people have been helped by others here.

We have a significant number of subject matter experts, especially in the trades. I see nothing wrong with someone asking about a problem that one of our members has expertise and can answer.

I myself have asked questions on a few different topics where I needed assistance in , and I appreciate the fact that often I can get an answer inside of 15 minutes because one of our other members deals with these issues on a daily basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnak View Post
I don't like the idea of a specific section for politic. It's an outdoor/fishing/hunting/trapping forum so no need for politic, travel, life insurance, retirement planning and cooking specific sections. I'll join a forum for those topics the day I need info on those. I believe there is something great in forums remain specialized on a certain topic.... like fishing and hunting in this case.

For me the general section is there for all those random topics so that the rest of the forum can remain what it was created for.

As for banning the politic topic all together I don't know. I find people join those online discussions to answer others rather than understand and share ideas so I keep politic outside my internet activities since it's rarely constructive. But for those those who have that kind of time and energy to spend? Why not. I'm sure there are those who truly love to argue about politic.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by score View Post
Poppycock. What a hypocritical post. You didn't even say "in my opinion".
In my humble opinion, I'll continue to let him be the white guy (good) - as Willie Nelson would say - "Out of kindness I suppose".

Others may have a differing opinion.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:09 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
I agree.

I have been on AO for about a month now and have read a lot of different threads on a lot of different topics. I feel every one of us on here should be able to express our opinions, regardless of what others think about it (in a respectful manner). I may not necessarily agree with the opinions of others on politics, banning hand guns, Cecil, etc. But I still enjoy the discussions
You are moderator material, now on the scouting list.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 08-19-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Hi guys. I have been thinking about posting this for awhile now. It is my feeling, and from my reading over the past months, many others' as well, that the general discussion forum has become a very divisive place. A place where forum members who likely shared many helpful posts with one another about all things outdoors, now simply sling mud, disparaging remarks, and veiled putdowns at one another, simply based on how a vote was cast.

I will be the first to admit that I have become frustrated at times, even to the point of calling a forum member, an asshol_, which is generally not the way I roll.

I would ask that you consider amongst yourself if politics is really an important part of Alberta Outdoorsmen? If not, it might be worth considering adding it to your list of banned topics. I highly doubt anyone will ever change the way they will vote because of any of the daily arguments that are taking place, but I am sure that people get frustrated, and check out because of the foolishness that seems to be quite rampant over the last number of months.

Just something to consider.

Thank you for the work you do.

sns2
I think threads that tell the mods how to do their jobs should be banned
They do their jobs quite well with out anyone's help.

Mack
Old 08-19-2015, 09:13 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Poppycock. What a hypocritical post. You didn't even say "in my opinion".
Poppycock;

Crunchy and splendidly scrumptious, Poppycock is a gourmet popcorn lover's dream: a decadent blend of Orville Redenbacher's® light, fluffy popcorn and premium whole nuts — all covered in a sweet, indulgent glaze. This unique mix was created 50 years ago to satisfy people's sweet and salty cravings. Try our premium offerings such as Original (Popcorn and Mixed Nuts), Cashew, Pecan and Apple Crisp.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 08-19-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPS View Post
In my humble opinion, I'll continue to let him be the white guy (good) - as Willie Nelson would say - "Out of kindness I suppose".

Others may have a differing opinion.
Jim, you're opinions are seldom humble. I find it funny that you are calling out Rf or anyone else when you play the game as well as any of them, albeit with a different slant.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
What a hypocritical post.

hyp·o·crit·i·cal: behaving in a way that suggests one has higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case.
Closed Thread