Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-19-2015, 05:08 PM

Crow Lives Matter, lets protest, maybe just a small riot
Old 08-19-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly View Post
troutbug, may I ask what town you live in? Just curious! Obviously has some kind hearted folks there...
Hinton

And to those who said to leave it

Well, we live in a big row of condos, all the kids have been watching it and wanted it to live. When you have 10 kids standing at your door with the sad puppy eyes, you do what a man has to do and exhaust all efforts to save the damn thing. It also set an example as all the kids watched us as a team figure out a way to try and save it, hopefully its a life lesson for them in team work.

We also showed them why the crow got stuck and how litter can affect wildlife, again, hope that sticks with them as they are a great group of kids.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:53 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbug View Post
Hinton

Well, we live in a big row of condos, all the kids have been watching it and wanted it to live. When you have 10 kids standing at your door with the sad puppy eyes, you do what a man has to do and exhaust all efforts to save the damn thing. It also set an example as all the kids watched us as a team figure out a way to try and save it, hopefully its a life lesson for them in team work.

We also showed them why the crow got stuck and how litter can affect wildlife, again, hope that sticks with them as they are a great group of kids.
You did good !
I'm with you, I am not fond of crows but no creature should suffer like that.
Besides, it was a man made hazard that got it. We have some responsibility in this.

I know it doesn't make sense but I'm kinda sad for the poor thing. As much as I dislike crows I would have been much happier had it survived.
Or succumbed quickly.

Life can be harsh, especially for wild creatures but it need not be worse then nature makes it.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-19-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Hinton

Although I wouldn't have gone to your effort, I applaud you for what you did! A lesson for the younger generation is never a bad thing!! Atta boy !

Marten 2
Lynx. 2
Weasel 3
Wolf. 3
otter 5
fisher 2
beaver 3
fox 1
Mink 1
Coyote 1
Squirrel
Old 08-19-2015, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark-edmonton View Post
Although I wouldn't have gone to your effort, I applaud you for what you did! A lesson for the younger generation is never a bad thing!! Atta boy !
Big x2.
Good on you troutbug!
Old 08-19-2015, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Call PETA I'm sure they could organize a rescue mission
My thoughts too or sss.
Better call PETA...
Rob
Old 08-19-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark-edmonton View Post
Laid off and had a bunch of kids staring at me waiting for a solution. I had the time lol and figured it wouldnt hurt to set an example.

I was more amazed that the radio station guy took off from work to check it out and put an add out over the radio LOL. The people that stopped by the help kind of restored what little faith I had in humanity
Old 08-19-2015, 08:43 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Laid off and had a bunch of kids staring at me waiting for a solution. I had the time lol and figured it wouldnt hurt to set an example.

I was more amazed that the radio station guy took off from work to check it out and put an add out over the radio LOL. The people that stopped by the help kind of restored what little faith I had in humanity
You done well

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 08-19-2015, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
You did good !
I'm with you, I am not fond of crows but no creature should suffer like that.
Besides, it was a man made hazard that got it. We have some responsibility in this.

I know it doesn't make sense but I'm kinda sad for the poor thing. As much as I dislike crows I would have been much happier had it survived.
Or succumbed quickly.

Life can be harsh, especially for wild creatures but it need not be worse then nature makes it.

You did awesome!

I'm also not fond of crows but great job! Nice to see people rally together for a cause and great that you are imprinting a memory on those kids that is a positive one.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:08 PM

If only the antis paid attention to these types of threads...