Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-08-2012, 03:54 AM

Default Vortex Vipers, Decisions,decisions...

So, I got the go ahead from Gypsy'Girl to make a few purchases this summer/fall. First on my list is a new set of binos. I thought I had it all figured out, Vortex Vipers - the newer ones, 10x42 HDs. But I see the 10x50 HDs are only 4 oz heavier and 1" longer.

Has any one had the opportunity to compare these two? I have had the 10x42s in hand and comparing them to Leupolds and Bushnells and various other brands, but not themselves with the bigger glass. Is the minor difference in specs worth the extra low light advantages? Any other thoughts on the subject much appreciated.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:39 PM

Just picked up a pair of the 10x50 viper HD this weekend down south. They were a bit heavier than what I was expecting but feel great in the hands. Clarity is awesome. They were a bit bigger than the Leo but the deal waste good to pass up
Old 07-08-2012, 10:41 PM

Just picked up a pair of the 10x50 viper HD this weekend down south. They were a bit heavier than what I was expecting but feel great in the hands. Clarity is awesome. They were a bit bigger than the Leo but the deal was to good to pass up
Old 07-09-2012, 07:29 AM

If you bought them new, where and how much? Did you get a chance to compare to the 10x42 HDs?