http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews...17-085603.html

If he ever becomes PM, we're screwed.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekimprox View Post

Well, Thomas Mulcair hates the west?
No big surprise there, I don't have anything against the east, but i sure don't like his self righteous arse!
Cat
Old 05-17-2012, 08:07 AM

Coming from a place in Canada where we're forgotten about like a tow-headed step child, makes me laugh when politicians from the east get on their rocking horse trying to whip up old east/west rivals. They never cease to amaze me how they can ignore the north/south rivalry.

Mulcair is a snot-nosed, granola munching, eastern urbanite that has no clue where the rest of Canada actually is. His Canada ends at the junction of hwys 401 and 40 and hwys 185 and 2. If he's after alienation of the rest of Canada, he's doing a fine job so far.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yéil View Post
Coming from a place in Canada where we're forgotten about like a tow-headed step child, makes me laugh when politicians from the east get on their rocking horse trying to whip up old east/west rivals. They never cease to amaze me how they can ignore the north/south rivalry.

Mulcair is a snot-nosed, granola munching, eastern urbanite that has no clue where the rest of Canada actually is. His Canada ends at the junction of hwys 401 and 40 and hwys 185 and 2. If he's after alienation of the rest of Canada, he's doing a fine job so far.
You are absolutely correct, this guy will make the NDP a one term opposition party in Canada. Unfortunaltely, he will be the cause for the return of liberals. If the Harper government stays the course they will remain a majority government for many years. Opposition like Thomas Mulcair, will ensure that.
I'm not a fan of the NDP but this party died with the passing of Jack Layton. Thomas Mulcair will never be the leader that Jack was.

BW
Old 05-17-2012, 08:10 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekimprox View Post

That was not my idea of "reporting the news". It was one writers opinionated opinion.

If you share the opinion you will like the article. If you like to find out what is going on in the world (the NEWS) then you must take the bit with a bit of salt.

Archery Sept. 1 - Oct. 31 Muzzleloader and Crossbow Oct. 1 - Oct. 31 Rifle Nov. 25 - Nov. 30

...And HIS kingdom shall have no end...
Old 05-17-2012, 08:18 AM

Love his argument... "The Oilsands are driving up the Canadian dollar and hurting manufacturing and destroying jobs".

Translation: "Money and jobs are being made in the west, which is driving up our dollar. We must destroy those jobs so we can create lower paying jobs back east, where our supporters are." Simple as that.

I'm dismayed by such messages yet encouraged that they will actually erode his electability.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
I'm dismayed by such messages yet encouraged that they will actually erode his electability.
Not in QC and ON, it won't. Not in Maritimes, either, I don't think.

He knows what he's doing. Dion's "Green Shift" was about shifting green from AB to the East. It was real popular down there.

Personally, I think we need a divorce.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:35 AM

And in that divorce, we are taking what we brought in and the gravy train to the east is finished.

If they think they are loosing jobs now, wait till the West separates and slaps a "Stupid Eastner" payroll taxes on foreign workers from Ontario....that's if we even allow them to work in Alberta.

And I am sure we can send our business (pipe, metal, etc) to the USA....I am sure they would appreciate it versus resent us due to jealousy.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeart View Post
And in that divorce, we are taking what we brought in and the gravy train to the east is finished.

If they think they are loosing jobs now, wait till the West separates and slaps a "Stupid Eastner" payroll taxes on foreign workers from Ontario....that's if we even allow them to work in Alberta.

And I am sure we can send our business (pipe, metal, etc) to the USA....I am sure they would appreciate it versus resent us due to jealousy.
Perhaps what we need to do is create a permit to work in this province as Quebec has.

http://www.adat.ca/adat/index-en.php...cle=1997-01-06

Agreement between Quebec and Ontario.
The Commission de la construction du Quebec (CCQ) has an agreement with the province of Ontario for members who want to work in the Quebec construction industry. They need two proofs of Ontario residency, at least 750 hours of work in construction in Ontario (to be exempt of the Quebec safety course) and pay a fee of $110 to obtain a Quebec construction permit without a regular pool opening.

Perhaps that's why Mulcair is huffing and puffing.. Quebec is losing out on 110bucks for every construction worker that heads out here.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHeart View Post
Absolutely.

Any grief whatsoever and we start talking about the $18/bbl floor price that was promised to AB by the feds when we agreed to go along with the NEP. It was never paid. That bill's north of $100B now, with prime interest.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post

He knows what he's doing. Dion's "Green Shift" was about shifting green from AB to the East. It was real popular down there.

I am with you there rocky sooner than later
Old 05-17-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post

Bingo....I always joke if I wanted to be PM I'd run a campaign that it's AB's fault for the problems and we need to nationalized the oil sands.

I would not get a seat West of Winnipeg but who cares, I'd sweep the East and be PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Love his argument... "The Oilsands are driving up the Canadian dollar and hurting manufacturing and destroying jobs".

Translation: "Money and jobs are being made in the west, which is driving up our dollar. We must destroy those jobs so we can create lower paying jobs back east, where our supporters are." Simple as that.

Never bothered them when the shoe was on the other foot.