Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-13-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack&7 View Post
Congrats, GM!

It inspires to me to persevere when I hear someone else has reached a level of success that they have been striving to achieve.

We all need and deserve a day of good news like you have had....apparently.

Good for you...can't wait for details.
X2
Old 02-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack&7 View Post
Congrats, GM!

It inspires to me to persevere when I hear someone else has reached a level of success that they have been striving to achieve.

We all need and deserve a day of good news like you have had....apparently.

Good for you...can't wait for details.
Ok, I'll try to detail something as the work has snowballed even above and beyond the above and beyond my wildest dreams.

I was taken on by a company last year to determine a Stateside territory and find a client. Because it's performance based work, I get paid straight commission when things "GO", but not during discussions and meetings prior.

Backstory;

I found a client of a massive sort.

I had determined (on paper) a manner to help the BIG client and I presented it first to the company I was with.

The company I was with, shat on my concept and their engineers said it was undoable and I should re-focus my strategy.

Because I'm performance based, the contract is mine,,, so I presented it to the BIG client,, who in turn had their engineers review it and they said "Let's Start".

I terminated my position with the company I was with and the BIG client and I are working out the details to have me in their renewable energy think tank.

Midstory;

The concept is an amalgamation of several different company technologies. I had contacted each of them and brought them in line with the BIG client.

Today;

One of those companies (with a gorgeous technology co-developed by Sandia & NASA) was so impressed by my concept incorporating their technolgy and seeing it somewhere that even they had not envisioned it called to arrange a teleconference to discuss retaining me in their business development department.

Feely goody part;
Stop watching Dragons Den,,, if you have an idea that makes for sleepless nights and you can see it out there, go for it, it will be hard work but if you're passionate and know in your heart that it's doable, then it is,, it might need a little tweeking here and there and you will meet opposition but don't let up, persevere, persevere, persevere. Never underestimate yourself against someone with lotsa letters after their name, ideas are not only shed from schools and the schooled but sometimes from the garage or workshop or while flycasting.

Get yourself an NDA or even better, a non circumvention disclosure. Don't share your idea with anyone,, not your wife, husband, hunting or fishing buddy and never discuss anything without the agreements signed. If you can see it out there, others will too and there are sharks out there.

Feel free to write me and I can send you an NDA or NCD for your use and I can give you tips on how to protect yourself and proceed.

Last edited by Gust; 02-29-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:45 PM

Congrats GM, good to hear of your hard work and strong will has paid off for you. I look forward to hearing exactly what this great idea is all about as I'm in the "Energy`` sector as well.

A toast to GM....
Old 02-29-2012, 02:31 PM

Ah, that type of success,
I guess I can understand your position in not sharing importand business ideas with some people. But cannot agree with putting such so called pending success, before family, you need more faith in ones family or spouse.
But you were likely just putting a scenario out there for people to be wary of.

TBark
Old 03-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
And what music and wine are you going sit an relax by this evening?

I toast you.
I am hammered on two bottles of plonk.

This is what I'm listening to,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w58Gg1T504U

Last edited by Gust; 03-02-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaBZm...eature=related
Old 03-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Banned

my favorite film of everyman,,, stanley kubrick,,, you know, a clockwork orange and full metal jacket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erKsIJyfB_Q
Old 03-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Banned

seriously,,, my mom used to be a projectionist when i was a kid in england,,,,,, when she couldn't get a sitter, i went to the theatre and it was big, rank was the theatre company,,,,, one of the films i saw was the battle of waterloo,,,, watch this segment all the way through,,, how in the heck did they direct it?,,, it wasn't like they could yell cut and try filming the scene again. seriously wow!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vlcu...eature=related
Old 03-03-2012, 12:14 AM

I recall having a Theatre to ourselves once, but it was only about 5 years ago. We had a private screening of 'Superbad' at the theatre in Stettler. I'll have to check your links when I'm not on my phone.

Feeling better this week I hope Gustav?
Old 03-03-2012, 01:08 AM

Here's my observation.

Despite your best efforts to ensure absolutely clarity on just how vague you intend to be, you have managed to convey that things are in the best of states for you and your person.

In addition to that, you recently changed your avatar to the monopoly man. I'll take that as a summary of your predicament.