Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-07-2008, 07:12 PM

Default Nrthern Sask Fishing Trip

Just wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions for a good fishing trip in Northern Sask. My buddies and I are thinking of going in June. We prefer to drive all the way rather than fly. We also would like a camp that you look after yourself (ie. cooking, fish cleaning,). We also prefer to go on our own for the day without a guide. Basically all we are looking for is a cabin, boat rental, (reasonble rates) and a place to sit around a fire and knock back a 24 each night. Any suggestions or good experiences would be greatly apprieciated
Old 01-07-2008, 07:30 PM

we hit meadow lake a couple times a year. nice campground, great fishing, pike, walleye. don't know about boat rentals.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:39 PM

Canoe Lake has what you want....but I would think most cabins are already booked....may be worth a call.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:07 PM

my buddy and his dad, uncle, and bro's did a trip up there a few years ago...basically they canoed the river and fished, they caught plenty of fish for the main course, they packed side dishes and beer mostly, they also set up tents and camped at spots along the river!! i missed out cause i broke up with his sister...lol, shoulda hung on a little longer eh!! anyway i'll give em a shout, we're still good buds, and get some details if your interested!!

no fees either!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmaster View Post
Canoe Lake has what you want....but I would think most cabins are already booked....may be worth a call.
Provost? I was born and raised there, how's the bite out at Dillberry?
Old 01-08-2008, 12:05 AM

I would say check out the "Descham" www.deschambaultlakeresort.com. Had a good experience there while ice fishing and there are other lakes close by like Jan.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:43 AM

Haveing just recently moved over to ab from sask and fishing the northern parts extensively i would urge you to stray away from canoe.We have not had any luck there whatsoever in the past 3 years or so.With all the comercial fishing preasure it is literaly fished out. depends what you are after species wise but if you want any specifics drop me a pm. I head back to them stomping grounds regularily in the spring and fall and would love to point you in the right direction.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:36 AM

Default Northern Sask.

Go to Sasktourism.com click on fishing and then outfitters. It lists a lot from full service to what you are looking for. I use it for both fishing and hunting. each site lists all the amenities.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:58 AM
jptrapper

Default Sask fishing.

Maybe try the Beznard Lake lodge. I stayed there a couple years ago and they had just what your looking for. It did change hands though so things might have changed.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:28 AM

Default Lake Weyakwin

Try lake weyakwin in northern sask. I have been out there a few times and the fishing is awesome.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:56 AM

Default fishing

go to tobin lake just on the other side of nipiwan sask the fishing is awsome.or even better drive another hour and a half to the pas manitoba there is lakes and places to camp all over the place..pm if you want more info i grew up there and know all the great places to fish and places to rent boats
Old 01-08-2008, 09:50 AM

Default Tobin Lake...

check out... tobinlakeoutfitting.com you will find everything you need including great fishing..
Old 01-08-2008, 04:56 PM

Thanks for all the great info
Old 01-08-2008, 05:59 PM

Default Northern Sask Fishing

Call Chris & Pattie Collins @ Collins Camps & Outfitting on Besnard Lake. 306-425-7337. They have exactly what you are looking for and the fishing is excellent. I am going there on June 8 for my 10th year, along with 14 buddies.
Their cabins will accomadate up to 8 people, they have 14 & 16' boats with 25& 30 hp Yamahas. June is pretty busy month for them, so call right away. Tell them Dennis sent you!!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:59 AM

Check out the boat &sport show in a few month's.Also I was on the web site yesterday and there was a few links on there for northern Sask.Or you could stay home and go to Mikisew in Mcmurray.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:10 AM

I grew up going to Meadow Lake Provincial Park every year. Great park with 20 plus lakes with almost evey kind of fish. A few of the larger lakes have cabin and boat rentals. Flotten and Waterhen lakes are two of the bigger ones and they always have good fishing. Nice thing two is you can drive north a couple of hours and fish for the day on the shore of the Churchill river. Right by Sandy lake is good. Caught walleye and sauger last time I was there.
Yes check out the Saskatchewan goverment webiste for more info on the park.
You will love it up there!!!!