Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-29-2013, 04:48 PM

Default nakamun lake

anyone able to shed light on whether or not any perch remain at nakamun this summer i know it didnt look good this winter but i wanna take my kids to catch fish im not goin for shore lunch so if they are small who cares i just want them to catch since i promised them a fish filled day for their great report cards
Old 06-29-2013, 08:14 PM

I think between the fishing pressure in the winter time it and may have died out a bit. There were times where u could see 50 plus vehicles pulling fish out. In the spring the fishing was dead where earlier in the winter it was awesome.

Are you stuck on perch or other species work for you too ? Lots of lakes close there the fishing is good.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:30 PM

if it was up to me id go elsewhere but the kids want perch i might go try it out if i do ill give yall the big answer cuz theyd surely be biting by now if they are there
Old 07-01-2013, 06:07 PM

for all those who dont know the status of the lake i talked to someone who said the shore was covered with dead fish all around at ice off so i didnt bother guess well all have to wait a few years and see if anything at all survived its too bad i like that lake i dont understand for a fair size lake it died seems odd but who knows any of you guys think any fish were able to survive ?
Old 07-01-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscosta View Post
for all those who dont know the status of the lake i talked to someone who said the shore was covered with dead fish all around at ice off so i didnt bother guess well all have to wait a few years and see if anything at all survived its too bad i like that lake i dont understand for a fair size lake it died seems odd but who knows any of you guys think any fish were able to survive ?
have never seen a complete die off on any fair to large lake.... but possible I guess
Old 07-01-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
have never seen a complete die off on any fair to large lake.... but possible I guess
Generally agree. Hastings, unfortunately, has not been able to return. Unfortunate. Hope someone tries Nakamun soon and reports something a little more encouraging.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:02 AM

i might just do it sometime soon ill let yall know if i do
Old 07-04-2013, 02:51 PM

Unhappy

It's difficult to say total but my guess is the kill was extremely severe. I say this because of reports the lake was in serious trouble long before ice off. The fishing pressure had nothing to do with wiping it out. If anything it was good because it was thinning down the perch - there were so many. It's a real shame if Nakamun killed bad because it's such a nice perch lake. I suspect it will take years to bounce back and may even need SRD stocking help. The last couple winters have been carnage for some lakes.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:25 PM

I landed a 12.5" perchy there this winter. lots of 9s and 10s. prob still lots in there.

But I know what you mean, heavy fishing pressure out there the last few seasons
Old 07-06-2013, 02:07 PM

but come the end of winter the fish were starving for oxygen at least a month before the ice left and i heard the shoreline was thick with dead fish i wish someone on here could say they been there since summer started its a fair drive to find out its empty
Old 07-06-2013, 06:26 PM

I have two weeks off lets go for a drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscosta View Post
but come the end of winter the fish were starving for oxygen at least a month before the ice left and i heard the shoreline was thick with dead fish i wish someone on here could say they been there since summer started its a fair drive to find out its empty
Perch 60
Trout 14
Lakers 0
Burbot 1
Sauger 0
Whitefish 0
Goldeye 3