Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-24-2019, 03:49 PM

Default Thieves were busy in CALGARY

Not a good thing having these out on the loose. Bad for everyone. Anti's will have a field day.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 03-24-2019, 03:51 PM

No worries Ken, ol' Blair, Goodale and Trudeau are gonna have them all banned right away here anyway, they look too militaristic. Once that goes through, they will absolutely 100% positively for sure get turned right in and no harm done. That's how it works, where the Unicorns roam......

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-24-2019, 03:57 PM

They're bolt actions, I've never seen a report of those used in gang activity to date. I hope they're recovered.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:58 PM

Better criminals have those bolt actions than semi auto patrol carbines with large capacity magazines, as have been stolen from the police.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
They're bolt actions, I've never seen a report of those used in gang activity to date. I hope they're recovered.
Trouble is ALL of his guns were stolen. He had pics of these 2.

I sure hope so too. Lots of $$$ to fight with insurance over.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 03-24-2019, 04:32 PM

For one if you have big dollars in firearms you would be a fool not to have pics and serial numbers along with some kinda paper work.

50 percent out our way are inside jobs to collect insurance cash,not saying this is the case here,but insurance companies now look very hard into stolen rifles in large numbers.If you don't have proof in many cases they won't pay.

At least put a list of what the other rifles were taken,the more info the better it is to maybe getting them back.

I take pics and films of 99.9 percent of what I own from the toaster to watches and 100 percent my rifles.

I only believe ten percent of what I read ,every one crying different stories about rifles being band many collectors are selling and the number of buyer is getting less.Most thieves wouldn't know where to move a 50 cal,it's like stealing a pink semi trailer.What's the thief going to do keep it for his own use,hell no.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:29 PM

Default firearms probably fit under sporting goods on house insurance

So without individual riders on each one I suspect maximum payout is probably $2000 like my canoe when stolen years ago. It doesnt take many rifles and scopes (1) to get to the maximum on a policy if it is $2000.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
So without individual riders on each one I suspect maximum payout is probably $2000 like my canoe when stolen years ago. It doesnt take many rifles and scopes (1) to get to the maximum on a policy if it is $2000.
Got a call from my insurance provider the other day, so i asked her about my home coverage, pay out is $2500 max on a collectibles claim, that wont cover anything.

I was advised to to take photos of everything and come up with a full replacement value so that they can adjust the coverage cost...

Even then she advised me to keep my stuff in a bank vault...hilarious!

There is no insurance...it's all a scam, financial tyranny.

She got a polite crazy recon rant hahahahaha....she knows it was all true...