Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 09:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
Disappeared
OOPS.... It's the net, it will show up some place
Old 01-12-2019, 09:59 PM

This thread remaining up shows the class of this forum.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:15 PM

This forum of public opinion moves much faster than the court of law.
If we keep at it we should have sentencing finished before the day is done.
lol
Old 01-12-2019, 10:40 PM

If, and that's IF, it's true, that's very disappointing.
70 charges though....with that many there's substance to it. I don't think this is just a "big misunderstanding".
That's too bad.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
So when will you get tired of defending your fallen bretheren?

You are not doing yourself any favours( or building credibility) standing up for these guys.

Hey, I may be wrong, and you may be right. He may be innocent of 70 charges,,,,,,,,,NOT.

And as others have eluded that he has probably poached other animals has a stronger argument now(if true) than yours stating it has no real relavence. Once a poacher, always a poacher.
I simply pointed out an expired permit violation that rendered the meat as wasted is a long shot from shooting rams in parks or deer over bait !

Don’t worry about me building credibility, I don’t have to, I simply don’t break the law.

Yours and others assumptions that he poached other animals because of some technicality charges is a stretch !

He also hasn’t been convicted of anything to date, I would at least see if there’s any substance to the actual events before hanging him !

Maybe he is a poacher ? Maybe you are ?
Hard to say either way until evidence is provided and the courts rule !

As it stands right now you are just as guilty as he is !
Old 01-12-2019, 11:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
I simply pointed out an expired permit violation that rendered the meat as wasted is a long shot from shooting rams in parks or deer over bait !

Don’t worry about me building credibility, I don’t have to, I simply don’t break the law.

Yours and others assumptions that he poached other animals because of some technicality charges is a stretch !

He also hasn’t been convicted of anything to date, I would at least see if there’s any substance to the actual events before hanging him !

SEVENTY of them?
Old 01-12-2019, 11:14 PM
Banned

Quote:

A slight explanation would be well worth it. He and his company are getting trashed hard. I get that it is now a court matter but something must be said. Even a declaration of innocence. Jesus. Newb needs a PR guy of some sort.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntwat View Post
SEVENTY of them?
I don’t actually know how many there are, I heard 40 at first, now it’s at 70 ?

I do know of another case years ago in another province where an outfitter had received the improper license for waterfowl in a specific area. When his residence was searched the charged him for the possession totals of the 4 hunters. Turned out to be 40 some counts of hunting without a license, then another 30 counts for fish that didn’t have a receipt purchased from a local licensed Native. Over 80 charges by the time they were done with him, from two actual infractions. 1. Not checking the license issued to him and 2. Not keeping the receipts for the fish.
In the end he got $130 fine for the paperwork mix up and the rest were thrown out. At the beginning the lynch mob wanted blood !

I’m not saying this is the same, but this list of charges does seem ambitious on F&W’s part
Old 01-12-2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
A slight explanation would be well worth it. He and his company are getting trashed hard. I get that it is now a court matter but something must be said. Even a declaration of innocence. Jesus. Newb needs a PR guy of some sort.
Very slippery slope that one. Regardless of innocence, my lawyer has always emphasized the first rule is keeping your mouth shut.

I’m sure Phil’s lawyer has told him the same !

Whether the peanut gallery believes him to be guilty or not matters very little in the grand scheme of things. Phil is a family man, and regardless of his guilt or innocence to whatever varying degree this all plays out to be in the end, it’s going to be hard on them. I believe he’s truly most concerned about that above all
Old 01-12-2019, 11:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
Hey, I may be wrong, and you may be right. He may be innocent of 70 charges,,,,,,,,,NOT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntwat View Post
SEVENTY of them?
Where is this figure of 70 charges coming from? For the sake of accuracy and before that figure is repeated as real, by my count there are 34 charges against the individual and 10 against the outfitting service. That is not 70.

Not all offences are from the Wildlife Act. What publication or Act are offences with article numbers starting with RWR and RR?
Old 01-12-2019, 11:51 PM

Seems to be a lot of this kind of thing going around, an Alaskan outfitter was just charged for chasing ( herding) grizzly bears with snow machines. He was in an area where bear hunting wasn't allowed and he was convicted.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:54 PM

I’m not an outfitter or ever will be. But man this kangaroo court and blood lust for outfitters on this (anonymous) forum is disheartening. Why do we always hear right away about charges laid and get the noose out ASAP around here!!!??? Bunch a Gestapo bs. No, that’s not an obtuse statement. Give the (INNOCENT) man his day in court.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Very slippery slope that one. Regardless of innocence, my lawyer has always emphasized the first rule is keeping your mouth shut.

Whether the peanut gallery believes him to be guilty or not matters very little in the grand scheme of things. Phil is a family man, and regardless of his guilt or innocence to whatever varying degree this all plays out to be in the end, it’s going to be hard on them. I believe he’s truly most concerned about that above all
Exactly. He owes the public absolutely ZERO explanation at this time. How ridiculous to even suggest a guy facing this crap owes any one of us some curiosity satisfaction. Do people live in reality? Time to get off the internet people and get a life. Learn how to think critically again maybe
Old 01-13-2019, 12:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
Exactly. He owes the public absolutely ZERO explanation at this time. How ridiculous to even suggest a guy facing this crap owes any one of us some curiosity satisfaction. Do people live in reality? Time to get off the internet people and get a life. Learn how to think critically again maybe
Its not us he owes.. Its the fact that he runs a outdoor business and this is the MAJOR outdoor board in Western Canada. If I was looking for a hunt with him, I would be all over this board looking for info.

He has to get out in front of this story.

I have always enjoyed him and just hope this is some gigantic mistake.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Its not us he owes.. Its the fact that he runs a outdoor business and this is the MAJOR outdoor board in Western Canada. If I was looking for a hunt with him, I would be all over this board looking for info.

You’re dead wrong. He has no obligation to do that whatsoever before trial. Gimme a break.
Would you? No, you wouldn’t. Period. Instead of just trying to win the internet and be right, I challenge you to put yourself in his shoes. Sorry to be harsh but I’m calling it like I see it tonight. I do think you’re a good member here.

He has absolutely zero to gain by trying to explain himself pre trial. Now if he’s convicted, different story. The onus is on the crown at this point, not Phil.

Furthermore I would imagine a waterfowl guide couldn’t care less about what western Canadian hunters thought of him. I’m guessin he takes very few residents out anyways. Why risk pigeonholing himself just to satisfy the bloodthirsty masses?????????
Old 01-13-2019, 12:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
You’re dead wrong. He has no obligation to do that whatsoever before trial. Gimme a break.
Would you? No, you wouldn’t. Period. Instead of just trying to win the internet and be right, I challenge you to put yourself in his shoes. Sorry to be harsh but I’m calling it like I see it tonight. I do think you’re a good member here.

He has absolutely zero to gain by trying to explain himself pre trial. Now if he’s convicted, different story. The onus is on the crown at this point, not Phil.

Furthermore I would imagine a waterfowl guide couldn’t care less about what western Canadian hunters thought of him. I’m guessin he takes very few residents out anyways. Why risk pigeonholing himself just to satisfy the bloodthirsty masses?????????
Its not the Guys from Alberta I would be concerned about. I disagree. He doesn't need to explain himself but getting his innocence out there is SOOOOOOOO important. It's PR 101. But obviously thats up to him. I wish him well.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:25 AM

Quote:

He owes nothing to you at all,go bs someone else ,if you enjoyed him then you wouldn't have posted 6 times already and wait to see exactly what happened to him.If you were hoping it was a big mistake then you would stop tapping that key board.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
He owes nothing to you at all,go bs someone else ,if you enjoyed him then you wouldn't have posted 6 times already and wait to see exactly what happened to him.If you were hoping it was a big mistake then you would stop tapping that key board.
Aren't you a piece of sunshine......
I disagree with you, and I will post what I want. But thanks for the advice.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:58 AM
Banned

Give it up. The guy would have to be a fool to make any comment one way or the other.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Its not the Guys from Alberta I would be concerned about. I disagree. He doesn't need to explain himself but getting his innocence out there is SOOOOOOOO important. It's PR 101. But obviously thats up to him. I wish him well.
PR 101 to speak to the specifics of a case before trial? Glad I didn’t take that course.
Pros: can’t think of any
Cons: potential to completely compromise his innocence.

I can’t see this being out of genuine concern for his small outfitting service. However I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.
I’ll call the rest of the garbage responses nothing but pure bloodlust. Shameless, filthy bloodlust. Shame on those who would so readily taint a mans reputation out of your hatred for outfitters/guides. Give him his due process- like we may all want or need some day.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Give it up. The guy would have to be a fool to make any comment one way or the other.
100 percent correct,When or if he is in the wrong the courts will explain the whole deal .And they say the KKK is only down south.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:07 AM

Something does seem weird doesn’t strike me as the poaching type
Old 01-13-2019, 06:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose maniac View Post
Something does seem weird doesn’t strike me as the poaching type
Hard to say. A lot of speculation and no facts.
Old 01-13-2019, 06:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
Hard to say. A lot of speculation and no facts.
Except some 70 plus charges. Those don't appear out of thin air.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243plus View Post
I'm not defending Phil in any way but are there 70 plus charges? What are they? Don't take long to rack up 70 charges when it comes to waterfowl. Could be 70 geese shot with lead shot.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:29 AM

Quote:

Why do you have a lawyer, “your lawyer” advising you to keep your mouth shut if you never break the law?

-Billy Molls
Old 01-13-2019, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243plus View Post
Must have looked at some other pictures than I did to come up with that number. There were lots of charges shown on the pictures, but why exaggerate it?
Old 01-13-2019, 07:37 AM

Why on earth would he speak on a public forum? That would be beyond asinine.

If he's innocent or guilty, let the courts decide, which they will, and whatever he did or did not do will be part of the public record.

One poster said he has a family. He does. Those kids can read, and will likely do google searches if they know what is going on. Show them some decency even if you hate outfitters.

Many of us think APOS indirectly contributes to outfitters committing crimes by their lack of discipline when members are convicted. I believe that is where much the vitriol comes from, and I do not think it is misplaced.

Last edited by sns2; 01-13-2019 at 07:46 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Why do you have a lawyer, “your lawyer” advising you to keep your mouth shut if you never break the law?
lol !

Lawyers do a lot more then just defend the guilty, sometimes they even defend the innocent!

Also handy when buying and selling corporations, real estate, civil litigations etc......

Very handy guy indeed 👍
Old 01-13-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
PR 101 to speak to the specifics of a case before trial? Glad I didn’t take that course.
Pros: can’t think of any
Cons: potential to completely compromise his innocence.

I can’t see this being out of genuine concern for his small outfitting service. However I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.
I’ll call the rest of the garbage responses nothing but pure bloodlust. Shameless, filthy bloodlust. Shame on those who would so readily taint a mans reputation out of your hatred for outfitters/guides. Give him his due process- like we may all want or need some day.
Agreed, innocent until proven guilty. I just don't understand the vendetta against outfitters on here. Yes, a few may not be above board, but I'm hoping those are in the minority.