Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-17-2019, 04:54 PM

Just FYI. I don't know this man. But I know this story. Thank you to all who have helped out! Keep it at the top!
Also a public thanks to a member who reached out to me as well. AO is Such a great community.
Old 03-23-2019, 10:16 PM

Default Update-Tough Times

Good Day Everyone.

To start, I’d like to again say how honoured we are for the kindness shown to us. Without the assistance from The AO community, I’m sure times would have been much tougher than they currently are.
We were lucky enough to have had a couple of weeks respit from Jerkfaces delusional antics. In my experience, those that possess sick minds, nothing is ever true, sure or long term.
On Tuesday, we went to Family Court to modify the Emergency Protection Order in place against JF. Of course, he didn’t show up, the cops were unable/unwilling to find him. So, JF has “rights” to disputed the EPO. We must return to court once they find and serve him which I learned late yesterday they did.
In the morning, as we were leaving to go to court, we learned that “someone” had illegally accessed their family home, took JFs tools, business files, pictures of kids and was screwing with the electrical downstairs.
Police Report filed and basically “no picture, no proof” is what we were told.

This week, court again. Should just get a tent and squat outside! lol
The ladies are stressed as he showed up at the house and has numerous violations of court orders. JF did finally get arrested. Of course, they let him out! He started up again the other night. Another complaint filed with cops for threats and contact violating the EPO.

As much as I could whine or complain, I am so blessed to see and help raise the little ones. Coming from an atmosphere of conflict, the stability, structure and accountability we’ve tried to instill into their lives is helping to round out two really good but, misguided kids. They love being here, laugh more than cry and are thriving.
The littles know not of EPOs and the like. I do my best to insure that they are sheltered from the drama and distracted during meltdowns.
Crazy Grampa time it is! We laugh and play. Best remedy of them all!

Trying to keep the ladies “balanced” during times of JF delusions is a pretty big challenge. lol Reminding them of truth, perseverance to do the right things and the importance of keeping their heads on straight for the littles is a constant that is needed right now.

I wanted to post because of the people that care and for the kindness, I owe it to all of you, to let you know.
I’ve had the opportunity to tie some flies for some members as a way to reciprocate. I also posted a tent trailer for free in the buy and sell here as well. I have more on my agenda soon.
Again, a shout out to Caber. I never noticed that he fixed my toilet too when he came until just the other day. What a guy! Thank you. I hope you enjoyed the cookies and banana bread my wife made in appreciation.

I continue to experience and feel the love, spirit and kindness of the AO people.
It gives me strength and I thank you all for the support, messages, prayers and offers of assistance.
It is truly humbling.
My best wishes to everyone.
I’ll update my post again soon.

Rick aka FHD
Old 03-23-2019, 10:51 PM

Thanks for the update Rick. I was just thinking to shoot you a message to see how you had been making out.

Sounds like you have had some more struggles lately but the priorities have not changed. Glad to hear the young ones are doing well. Keep us posted, friend.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:20 AM

I met Rick for 5 minutes one day, had never met him before. A genuine upfront guy who has been very careful to live within his means.

I hope things get smoother for you sooner rather than later, Rick, you're providing a wonderful example for your daughter & grandkids!

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 04-05-2019, 12:51 PM

Default April 5th-Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinhogdaddy View Post
Good Day Everyone.

To start, I’d like to again say how honoured we are for the kindness shown to us. Without the assistance from The AO community, I’m sure times would have been much tougher than they currently are.
We were lucky enough to have had a couple of weeks respit from Jerkfaces delusional antics. In my experience, those that possess sick minds, nothing is ever true, sure or long term.
On Tuesday, we went to Family Court to modify the Emergency Protection Order in place against JF. Of course, he didn’t show up, the cops were unable/unwilling to find him. So, JF has “rights” to disputed the EPO. We must return to court once they find and serve him which I learned late yesterday they did.
In the morning, as we were leaving to go to court, we learned that “someone” had illegally accessed their family home, took JFs tools, business files, pictures of kids and was screwing with the electrical downstairs.
Police Report filed and basically “no picture, no proof” is what we were told.

This week, court again. Should just get a tent and squat outside! lol
The ladies are stressed as he showed up at the house and has numerous violations of court orders. JF did finally get arrested. Of course, they let him out! He started up again the other night. Another complaint filed with cops for threats and contact violating the EPO.

As much as I could whine or complain, I am so blessed to see and help raise the little ones. Coming from an atmosphere of conflict, the stability, structure and accountability we’ve tried to instill into their lives is helping to round out two really good but, misguided kids. They love being here, laugh more than cry and are thriving.
The littles know not of EPOs and the like. I do my best to insure that they are sheltered from the drama and distracted during meltdowns.
Crazy Grampa time it is! We laugh and play. Best remedy of them all!

Trying to keep the ladies “balanced” during times of JF delusions is a pretty big challenge. lol Reminding them of truth, perseverance to do the right things and the importance of keeping their heads on straight for the littles is a constant that is needed right now.

I wanted to post because of the people that care and for the kindness, I owe it to all of you, to let you know.
I’ve had the opportunity to tie some flies for some members as a way to reciprocate. I also posted a tent trailer for free in the buy and sell here as well. I have more on my agenda soon.
Again, a shout out to Caber. I never noticed that he fixed my toilet too when he came until just the other day. What a guy! Thank you. I hope you enjoyed the cookies and banana bread my wife made in appreciation.

I continue to experience and feel the love, spirit and kindness of the AO people.
It gives me strength and I thank you all for the support, messages, prayers and offers of assistance.
It is truly humbling.
My best wishes to everyone.
I’ll update my post again soon.

Rick aka FHD
I am so bloody frustrated! Jerkface did not show up to answer for his criminal charges on Tuesday. His lawyer told Judge he is quitting because of non-payment of his services. Court date to answer charges pushed off into the future. Not sure when. BUT he has "the right" to be represented by counsel before he pleads. So, another date will be given where he won't show up because he's on the run.
I guess our rights not to be put in danger don't matter.

He appeared in Family Court this morning with another lawyer. Since he has violated his bail restrictions numerous times, I emailed the Constables we submitted the contact violations to and I called the non-emergency CPS number to inform them that he is there, go arrest him!
The person on the non-emergency line indicated "there is no arrest warrant for Mr. Jerkface". I said there should be as we've been constant visitors to the Police to file complaints of violations and the Officers indicated that a warrant takes "only hours" to complete. They asked for the case number and said an officer would call me back. Within ten minutes I heard from one. He said that the complaints we registered over three weeks ago had "somehow had not been processed for a warrant to be issued and this shouldn't have happened Sir!"
REALLY? PERFECT! Thanks for SFA.
So, he was served the Emergency Protection Order as he left the courthouse because of being on-the-run and not being able to be located by a server. Still a non-contact order in place which he has disregarded. And away he went!

So, we are still in the "lock-up" mode at home. Not sure of his next delusional move.
I'm extremely frustrated at "the system" but doing my best to keep the household "balanced" for the women/littles sake.
I'm glad I'm at work so I can at least gather myself and get into a better mind-set for the ladies and littles come hometime.

I'm still waiting for a few that asked me to tie flies for them to answer back. I'd really like to forward my wares to you! Please PM, and we can make arrangements to get them to you.

Much love for those here on AO who have followed our story, sent prayers, support, food and best wishes.
I send it right back in my own way and wish everyone a good weekend.
I will update once again down the road.
Rick...AKA....FHD
Old 08-14-2019, 08:01 PM

Hope everything is going better for you lately fishinhogdaddy !
Old 08-15-2019, 02:56 PM

Default Day by day, minute by minute.

Times have been a challenge. Like others, we can only do what we can to get by on a daily basis. No complaints, as I'm not a narrow minded individual to think I/we aren't the only ones with issues and challenges.
We lost our family dog who was my best buddy last week and my brother-in-law died yesterday.
My eyes opened this morning, so she's a good day! I am thankful.

JF has moved to Edmonton providing us with some peace. Still hasn't paid any $ for his kids. Kids are manageable but lack in areas where a stable family unit would have had them in line with proper behavior and manners at their ages. We're working on it.
The littles are extremely demanding and the wiff and me tire easily tending/playing with them. But, some others don't get to see theirs so, I guess we are lucky that way.
Daughter found a seasonal job. Minimum wage but better than nothing. The eldest is going into school this fall and we have him registered in a school near us. Looks like they will be with us for awhile with rent as high as it is Calgary.
Thanks to those that have contacted me. Too many to list. But, again,
THANKS AO people.
YOU have made a difference in our lives!
Best regards....Rick aka FHD.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:00 PM

That is some rough luck. Good on you for trying to keep positive!
Old 08-16-2019, 09:44 AM

That's awesome, way to go AO folks...

Glad to hear about the hart sprak that moves the forum forward...

Hats off to all fore sure

Cheers from the North

👍
Old 08-16-2019, 10:24 AM

I have a surplus of moose sausage if you are interested . I just got laid off after 20 years at the city and I feel for you and your family . I'm a heavy duty tech , been off the tools for a while but worked a little on the automotive side off and on . How old are the kids ? any interest in a girls bike ? things will get better I'm sure