Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-24-2019, 08:22 AM

Default scratching my head over quad theft

Thieves stole my grandsons quad the other night, I thought it gone for good but last night my grandson came and woke me up. He said a vehicle stopped by the road and when he checked his quad was back. I got up to check and low and behold it was put back UNDAMAGED!
Old 03-24-2019, 08:49 AM

Is it a Polaris?
Old 03-24-2019, 08:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
Is it a Polaris?
LOL. Who is taking that bet?
Old 03-24-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Is it a Polaris?

Now that thar is funny, I don'ts care who you is!

Glad it came home, even if it is a Polaris. Would love to hear if you ever figure out what the deal was, buddy borrowed it? someone trying to teach him to lock up his stuff or just a thief with a guilty conscience.

Last edited by Dean2; 03-24-2019 at 09:12 AM.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Is it a Polaris?
Bahahaha!!!! And OP that’s great news for the grandson!
Old 03-24-2019, 09:38 AM

Someone saw their kid came home with a quad they "found by the road" or some nonsense. Made the teens return it, but didn't want any charges so they did it on the down low.
Or so goes my assumption anyway. Awesome it came home.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Is it a Polaris?
I just spewed coffee everywhere!

BW
Old 03-24-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Is it a Polaris?
That's the best post I've seen in a long time .......... lol
Old 03-24-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Is it a Polaris?
Old 03-24-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays toyz View Post
Someone saw their kid came home with a quad they "found by the road" or some nonsense. Made the teens return it, but didn't want any charges so they did it on the down low.
I might have made my kids fess up, depend a bit on circumstance, glad the quad got home undamaged.

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 03-24-2019, 12:07 PM

Great story. Bought my daughter a new norco last summer $700. first day at school it was stolen. She was in tears, mom was raging. Lo and behold some skidmark was selling a similar one on kijiji. Me and a bud met him in a lot off whyte ave, i was wearing the same jeans as the previous day and still had the receipt. Wouldnt you know.... serial numbers matched. After the 2 sellers were hit by a parked car i went to the west end police station and withdrew my police report and handed them a couple cell phones and wallets the 2 misplaced. They were happy my kid got her bike back and said they would gladly return the items to the fine young gentleman.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Great story. Bought my daughter a new norco last summer $700. first day at school it was stolen. She was in tears, mom was raging. Lo and behold some skidmark was selling a similar one on kijiji. Me and a bud met him in a lot off whyte ave, i was wearing the same jeans as the previous day and still had the receipt. Wouldnt you know.... serial numbers matched. After the 2 sellers were hit by a parked car i went to the west end police station and withdrew my police report and handed them a couple cell phones and wallets the 2 misplaced. They were happy my kid got her bike back and said they would gladly return the items to the fine young gentleman.
Great story. Although you're lucky you didn't get locked up.
Old 03-24-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Finally some good news!!
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 03-24-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Hmmm so weird! Parked cars can jump out of nowhere! Smart car?..... Good job!
Old 03-24-2019, 05:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
After the 2 sellers were hit by a parked car
Honorable Sir, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box BUT what do you mean a parked car hit ??
Old 03-24-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
Honorable Sir, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box BUT what do you mean a parked car hit ??
It was a busy lot and when good samaritans approached us as to why were kuckibg the crap outta a couple punk teens... we told the story, showed the kijiji add, and matching serial number, there were a few offering to witness that car came out of nowhere.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
It was a busy lot and when good samaritans approached us as to why were kuckibg the crap outta a couple punk teens... we told the story, showed the kijiji add, and matching serial number, there were a few offering to witness that car came out of nowhere.
I just love the feel-good stories with such happy endings. Warms the heart. Well done!

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 03-24-2019, 06:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
it was a busy lot and when good samaritans approached us as to why were kuckibg the crap outta a couple punk teens... We told the story, showed the kijiji add, and matching serial number, there were a few offering to witness that car came out of nowhere.
sweet !!!
Old 03-24-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I just love the feel-good stories with such happy endings. Warms the heart. Well done!
Unfortunately a few months later i was picking up my son (same school mentioned earlier) and i saw the same two punks walking towards the bike racks. I yelled "see anything you like" and gave chase.... at 40 i cant run like i used too. They got away and obviously a good beating didnt deter them much.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays toyz View Post
That's what I figured made the most sense but i'll probably never know for sure. Oh and it's a Yamaha, lol.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
Great story. Although you're lucky you didn't get locked up.
Awesome story!!! **** on that getting locked up crap. All people need to start to grow a set of balls. Good to here he got it handled lol
Old 03-31-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243 wild cat View Post
Awesome story!!! **** on that getting locked up crap. All people need to start to grow a set of balls. Good to here he got it handled lol
I don't think it has anything with growing a set of balls. I will protect my family and the things I work hard for. That doesn't change the fact that our legal system often favors the criminals in a case like that. Read a newspaper, you might understand where I was coming from...