Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 10-11-2011, 10:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
Then just show us where your got your info from !! So you can bring more creditability to your " fact " or is it really just an opinion? An opinion attempting to be passed as a fact???
If you want to figure it out just take the total number of hunters from a given year and divide that by the population of Alberta in that year. The number that you come up with will be the percentage of hunters in the province. Do that for each year and see what the trend was. Increasing percentages means more hunters and decreasing percentages means fewer.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:35 PM

The best part about all this xbow junk is .......That everyday we all pass hunters that are getting ready to enter the field hunting. I see many rifles and shot guns, more and more bows, and muzzle loaders too. I have only ran into 4 crossbows in my life out in the field. ( 2 were legally allowed, and 2 were turned in for poaching)
Old 10-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
I have only ran into 4 crossbows in my life out in the field. ( 2 were legally allowed, and 2 were turned in for poaching)
That's because we're hunting ninjas and we don't want to be seen.....but don't worry, we see you.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
That's because we're hunting ninjas and we don't want to be seen.....but don't worry, we see you.
All i'm saying Dave is..... Other than guys who qualified in the past, or can qualify now( with the rule changes ) There is no xbow clubs, or large band of people making this push. There isn't a huge xbow following. It's all manufacturer/ money driven, in hopes of creating a new breed and hype in hunting. Hopefully turning it into another multi million indusrty, for people who don't care about how it may affect the general animal population.

It's sort of the same reason stores can sell deer bait, in a non baiting province.......Saying it's intent is for pictures only, while hopefully pushing the government into allowing baiting, because look at the store sales.

JMO

There more reason in this province to have muzzleloader season, than xbows !
Old 10-12-2011, 01:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
There more reason in this province to have muzzleloader season, than xbows !
thats the most sensible thing youve said on here in....well......i cant even remember. doesnt matter....at least you did it this time.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
thats the most sensible thing youve said on here in....well......i cant even remember. doesnt matter....at least you did it this time.
Well I guess I one up'ed this time !

But you got us all on the entertainment factor! (now where that new bozo the clown smiley)