Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-07-2015, 12:40 PM

Default Anyone from Airdrie?

We bought a place in Southwinds and I like to walk the long pathway behind Windsong every night where a creek with a few ponds along it are (near the baseball diamonds). I notice a ton of fish jumping in the ponds and the creek itself, what are they and can they be fished?. I'm assuming this creek attaches to the one in Bayside by the 7/11 and Breathe Yoga, but I haven't followed it down that far yet. I've seen lots of fish jumping in Bayside as well, but never anyone fishing.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:25 PM

I'm from airdrie those ponds are for storm run off they are not connected to nose creek . so not sure where the fish come from ?

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 07-07-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recce43 View Post
I'm from airdrie those ponds are for storm run off they are not connected to nose creek . so not sure where the fish come from ?
Weird. I would assume its probably just suckers or something if those ponds are for storm run off, but no clue how they'd get in there if that's the case. Nose creek is the creek that runs through Bayside with the houses backing on to it, right? Can that be fished?.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:50 PM

nose creek runs through nose creek [park stonegate past safeway and then coop it does contain fish nose creek park is stocked and if you go up by 1st north side of bridge there is pike in there also heard there is brown trout past kimmers gas station

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 07-07-2015, 02:09 PM

Quote:
nose creek runs through nose creek [park stonegate past safeway and then coop it does contain fish nose creek park is stocked and if you go up by 1st north side of bridge there is pike in there also heard there is brown trout past kimmers gas station
I live behind Kimmer, and have no idea how fish can survive, it's so gross with the weeds and garbage, and very low...
Old 07-07-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Yea I've heard about that then, I figured that was somehow connected to Bayside. The main ones I'm talking about are below

Just south of the ball diamonds I see a ton of fish jumping every night

And in the middle of the pic theres a bunch of Canals/Channels where people canoe, etc and have their own docks and I also see a ton of fish jumping here

Old 07-08-2015, 09:13 AM

bucket brigade