Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-17-2020, 08:18 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up Ethal Lake Yak Time

Well took ol'Smokey Buck Custom Lures out for another go at the pike but also had to chase all species in that lake too....slowwwww….so sitting at the eye hole pondering my next move as my wife did fly by's on her paddle board with her tunes on trying to throw me off my game I got a hit...wait...a tug...hmmm...odd...got some clear mono hooked up...keep reeling in and a jig head well what is still tugging on my rod....another rod...well I am laughing and of course the wife comes over...a kids enclosed face reel and rod complete with jig too...so if your young'un accidently lost their fishing rig pm me....I might take it all apart, clean it up and respool it too....just another fishing story in the yak....ohhh fishing was slow just the odd jack...but a beauty day on the water...now off to Cold Lake for lakers…

IMG_3688.JPG

IMG_3683.jpg

IMG_3687.JPG

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...

Last edited by 58thecat; 08-17-2020 at 08:23 AM.
Old 08-17-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Well took ol'Smokey Buck Custom Lures out for another go at the pike but also had to chase all species in that lake too....slowwwww….so sitting at the eye hole pondering my next move as my wife did fly by's on her paddle board with her tunes on trying to throw me off my game I got a hit...wait...a tug...hmmm...odd...got some clear mono hooked up...keep reeling in and a jig head well what is still tugging on my rod....another rod...well I am laughing and of course the wife comes over...a kids enclosed face reel and rod complete with jig too...so if your young'un accidently lost their fishing rig pm me....I might take it all apart, clean it up and respool it too....just another fishing story in the yak....ohhh fishing was slow just the odd jack...but a beauty day on the water...now off to Cold Lake for lakers…

Attachment 166265

Attachment 166266

Attachment 166267
Nice find! everytime i snag line in the water It makes me giggle cuz you never know what treasure is on the other end. I've found an old fly rod and reel in the middle of carson lake when i was younger.

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 08-19-2020, 06:03 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

Well took the rod apart yesterday and cleaned it up....new line and a leader too so if anyone with a young'un wants it pm me...or I will be attempted to use it for lakers

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...