Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-23-2014, 09:52 PM

Default My green tags are invalid!!!!

Trying to purchase tags on Alberta Relm and I'm getting an error message saying my new green tag numbers are invalid.
I got them a few months ago.
Anyone else have this issue.
Any other solution other than going to a vendor?
“My rifle … this is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my friend … I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle without me is useless … I will learn its strengths and weaknesses, its parts, its accessories, its sights, and its barrel. I will keep it clean and ready, we will become part of each other … before God, I swear this creed.” General William H. Rupertus
Old 10-23-2014, 09:57 PM

Out of curiosity, are you entering the preceding zeroes before the numbers? I haven't had any problems with any of my green tags (yet).
Old 10-23-2014, 10:01 PM

Yup. Entered all ten digits.
“My rifle … this is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my friend … I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle without me is useless … I will learn its strengths and weaknesses, its parts, its accessories, its sights, and its barrel. I will keep it clean and ready, we will become part of each other … before God, I swear this creed.” General William H. Rupertus
Old 10-23-2014, 11:04 PM

Maybe someone miss entered their number and entered yours.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyallpeder View Post
Maybe someone miss entered their number and entered yours.
I guess that's possible but I have eight green tags and they are all invalid.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:36 PM

Where did you get your tags?
Old 10-24-2014, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
Where did you get your tags?
I sent an email and they mailed the tags out.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:31 AM

They updated the green tags to better green tags about 3 weeks ago. Any of the older green tags are now invalid as I understand it.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxz1997 View Post
They updated the green tags to better green tags about 3 weeks ago. Any of the older green tags are now invalid as I understand it.
So I have to go to the store and get new tags?
Old 10-24-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris89lx View Post
I sent an email and they mailed the tags out.
If you got them directly from F&W, then that is strange. I thought you may have been given the tags from an issuer. It is my understanding that they are not supposed to hand them out, as they are retailer specific. I thought that was where the confusion came from.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:48 AM

Just got a return phone call from the help desk in New York.
My tags were classified incorrectly. She reclassified them as we spoke and I just purchased my tags online.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:57 PM

Chris

How did you get that call? I called the help line and the gal there was not much help.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Chris

How did you get that call? I called the help line and the gal there was not much help.
I called the helpline and talked to a nice older lady last night around 9pm.
She was unable to help me so she took my information and forwarded it to whomever called me today.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:22 PM

They mailed out a pile of invalid tags, we had the same issues with the first batch. I went and got new ones from fish and wildlife and they work fine. A few stores were selling tags hand written on the old yellow tape material as they were having issues as well.