Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-12-2019, 05:59 PM

Default NFA suing CCFR?

That weasel Sheldon is at it again.

This time he is suing the CCFR over copyright for their new logo. The NFA says the CCFR’s new logo is a rip off of their “no compromise” logo.

What a waste of membership dollars. What a waste of time.

The 3 firearm rights groups should be working together, not trying to tear each other down.

This is why the NFA will not ever see a dime of my money. It’s better spent at the CCFR anyways

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pWg...qBfVPz8W3/view
Old 04-12-2019, 06:23 PM

You’re totally right, they should be teaming up and not suing each other. That shows the antis we can’t even stand together.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:32 PM

Plus I just read the article and I can see where NFA is coming from but to me it’s not copyright at all. Maybe team canada will be upset they used white and red on the maple leaf in there photo as well.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:49 PM

If you have a membership with the NFA, you are throwing your money away.
Organizations like the CSSA will use your money to fight for gun owners.
The NFA is all too often using your money to pay lawyers to pick fights with other gun owners.
May as well be donating to the Liberal party of Canada.

If your range uses the NFA for insurance, look to make a change. The CSSA and the CCFR and probably some others provide that service, and also do useful things for gun owners.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:17 PM

https://www.google.ca/search?q=nra+c...&client=safari

And why would any gun owner in Canada have an NRA membership??
Old 04-12-2019, 09:39 PM

I am an NRA member as it's the only way to get a subscription to their magazines. I am also a paid up member of AFGA and CSSA. Chump change to belong yet so many "Gun enthusiasts" harp and bitch about the pros and cons of each, just join one or many, you won't notice any difference to your bottom line come tax time. Hell, the notley crue's carbon taxes just added $2500 to your cost of living. Let THAT sink in.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorboy10 View Post
https://www.google.ca/search?q=nra+c...&client=safari

And why would any gun owner in Canada have an NRA membership??
Some Canadians have an NRA membership, but why do you bring it up? We're talking about the NFA here...
Old 04-12-2019, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTrekr View Post
Some Canadians have an NRA membership, but why do you bring it up? We're talking about the NFA here...
Miss read obviously, my mistake..
Old 04-13-2019, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
I am an NRA member as it's the only way to get a subscription to their magazines. I am also a paid up member of AFGA and CSSA. Chump change to belong yet so many "Gun enthusiasts" harp and bitch about the pros and cons of each, just join one or many, you won't notice any difference to your bottom line come tax time. Hell, the notley crue's carbon taxes just added $2500 to your cost of living. Let THAT sink in.
Are you going to continue to support the NFA?
I hope not, as that money is cancelling out your other contributions.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:58 AM

Did I say I was a NFA member?

Last edited by Unregistered user; 04-13-2019 at 09:17 AM.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:03 AM

Old 04-13-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Top left pic 2014 right pic 2011 if I recall correctly.

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 04-13-2019, 09:26 AM

I hope the NFA withers up and dies after this, they’re hobbling firearms rights more than they’re helping the cause with their stupid stunts. The ego on Sheldon Clare must be pretty epic for him to be so blind to the results of his own actions.

If you can read this Clare, repeat after me:

“The enemy of my enemy is my friend”

“The enemy of my enemy is my friend”

Keep repeating that for a few hours on end. Then after that, stop doing anything that you think is helpful because the best thing you could do for the firearms community is to remain forever silent because most of what you do has the opposite effect.

I don’t know if this guy comprehends how many people might have been members of both org’s and then he decides that a lawsuit against a brother-in-arms organization is the best use of his organizations funds, thereby weakening both and helping the anti’s. Anyone with a clue will drop support for his organization like a hot stone. He might as well be bedding Wendy Cukier for all the help he is.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 04-13-2019 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
Did I say I was a NFA member?
Are you ok with this lawsuit?

Edit:
Now I see you wrote nRa.
I'll extinguish my torch, and put away my pitchfork now.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
Are you ok with this lawsuit?

Edit:
Now I see you wrote nRa.
I'll extinguish my torch, and put away my pitchfork now.
You and I should join forces on the design/build of a two-in-one tool, a flaming pitchfork. Bottle of Propane or MAPP gas in the handle, trigger ignition, each pitchfork tine being a burner....
Old 04-13-2019, 10:36 AM

Flaming pitchfork has a nice ring to it.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
Flaming pitchfork has a nice ring to it.
Decent name for a pub too.

Edit: Perhaps not my kind of pub though, now that I put a bit of thought into the 'flaming' aspect of the name

Now back on track: The NFA sucks.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 04-13-2019 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:47 PM

I bet the CCFR membership count will go up after all this now too.
Old 04-13-2019, 05:01 PM

So stupid, we should all be working together, especially now considering whose running the country.
Old 04-14-2019, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcmm View Post
Top left pic 2014 right pic 2011 if I recall correctly.
No....CCFR logo didn’t depict a rifle until recently,it had graphics resembling a bore.
Irregardless....frivolous lawsuit by a jealous NFA .....CCFR has done MORE for CDN gunowners in last few years then NFA ever has in its existence.
Old 04-14-2019, 08:39 AM

So there are 3 major pro gun orgs in Canada, I support 2/3 of them.
Wanna guess who’s the odd one out in my choices?

Yup you got it, IMO it’s the one that’s totally dysfunctionally incompetent, because of an executive hell bent on serving its own wants and needs as opposed to those who they need to represent. (NFA)

Thanks Sheldon, for again removing all doubt about my opinion.

There are no absolutes
Old 04-14-2019, 07:39 PM

Posted today;

In the interest of providing addt’l clarity with respect to the unfortunate decision of the NFA to exert wholly unwarranted pressure on the Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights, and its thousands of members, we’re posting this message from Michael Loberg, General Counsel for the CCFR - w/ his permission, of course.

LOBERG wrote:

Re: CCFR v NFA

For a better understanding of how we got here and the steps we’ve taken, I'd like to provide a couple of general comments.

First, we didn't ask for this, we didn't want this, and we're not happy this has been visited upon us. That said, the NFA brought this to us and we need to deal with it.

Specifically, the NFA wrote to us on April 2, 2019 and, after all their outrageous demands including that we pay over to them all of our net-of-expense revenues, they said: "Please be advised that failure, in whole or in part, to comply with any of these demands in a timely manner will result in legal action against the CCFR for intellectual property infringement without further delay or notice."

We took them at their word and believed them. This was an express promise to sue the CCFR if we didn't give in to their demands, in writing, made by their lawyer, on behalf of the NFA. It doesn’t get any more clear than that.

We will not be extorted and will not give them the CCFR money; that’s your money, not theirs.

Therefore we did the only thing we could do. We did the right thing, as we always do, and immediately put the matter before the Federal Court for a quick and final determination of who is right: the NFA or us. This is just as Rod explained in his video.

We are not interested in waiting. As a "law and order" organization, if there is a claim that we are doing something improperly or illegally we must get a judicial determination on that immediately.

As to the question, did the CCFR file in court first? Yes, of course we did. Because of the NFA’s demand, claim and promise to sue us over this logo issue we did not wait, and we put the matter in the hands of the Court immediately, to properly, quickly and finally determine the legal claims they made. We need certainty.

That’s how the civil justice system works in Canada. If you want to have certainty that you are operating legally and fairly, as we must have, when you are presented with a claim at law and a lawyer’s demand you take it to Court. That’s what we did. This situation is not good for anyone and the sooner we can dispose of this the better. These are the steps required to do that.

All of that has something to do with a dedication to truth and justice.

We didn’t ask for this fight, but since it has been visited upon the CCFR involuntarily we’ll do the right thing and have it resolved, properly. The sooner we can dispose of this, the sooner we can get 100% of our resources focussed back on firearm rights.

No one needs this distraction, especially now. I can’t imagine what motivated them to start this, or why they thought it would be a good idea, but here we are.

Michael Loberg
General Counsel
Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights
Old 04-16-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
Posted today;

In the interest of providing addt’l clarity with respect to the unfortunate decision of the NFA to exert wholly unwarranted pressure on the Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights, and its thousands of members, we’re posting this message from Michael Loberg, General Counsel for the CCFR - w/ his permission, of course.

LOBERG wrote:

Re: CCFR v NFA

For a better understanding of how we got here and the steps we’ve taken, I'd like to provide a couple of general comments.

First, we didn't ask for this, we didn't want this, and we're not happy this has been visited upon us. That said, the NFA brought this to us and we need to deal with it.

Specifically, the NFA wrote to us on April 2, 2019 and, after all their outrageous demands including that we pay over to them all of our net-of-expense revenues, they said: "Please be advised that failure, in whole or in part, to comply with any of these demands in a timely manner will result in legal action against the CCFR for intellectual property infringement without further delay or notice."

We took them at their word and believed them. This was an express promise to sue the CCFR if we didn't give in to their demands, in writing, made by their lawyer, on behalf of the NFA. It doesn’t get any more clear than that.

We will not be extorted and will not give them the CCFR money; that’s your money, not theirs.

Therefore we did the only thing we could do. We did the right thing, as we always do, and immediately put the matter before the Federal Court for a quick and final determination of who is right: the NFA or us. This is just as Rod explained in his video.

We are not interested in waiting. As a "law and order" organization, if there is a claim that we are doing something improperly or illegally we must get a judicial determination on that immediately.

As to the question, did the CCFR file in court first? Yes, of course we did. Because of the NFA’s demand, claim and promise to sue us over this logo issue we did not wait, and we put the matter in the hands of the Court immediately, to properly, quickly and finally determine the legal claims they made. We need certainty.

That’s how the civil justice system works in Canada. If you want to have certainty that you are operating legally and fairly, as we must have, when you are presented with a claim at law and a lawyer’s demand you take it to Court. That’s what we did. This situation is not good for anyone and the sooner we can dispose of this the better. These are the steps required to do that.

All of that has something to do with a dedication to truth and justice.

We didn’t ask for this fight, but since it has been visited upon the CCFR involuntarily we’ll do the right thing and have it resolved, properly. The sooner we can dispose of this, the sooner we can get 100% of our resources focussed back on firearm rights.

No one needs this distraction, especially now. I can’t imagine what motivated them to start this, or why they thought it would be a good idea, but here we are.

Michael Loberg
General Counsel
Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights
You might need to change your signature after this lol.

Unreal that the NFA thought it would be a benefit to ANYONE in the firearm community to fight an ally.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:53 AM

I may not like what the NFA has done in the way of their politics, but, they do have some stuff going on, there is this, and they are awaiting a decision on their case against the Quebec gun registry.

https://nfa.ca/2019/04/16/the-nfa-ge...cLhORCfSoch0WA