Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-18-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
No, I am talking about the Pumpkin Lady. I am sure she misses arena nachos and wants to come for one last feast.

Man, this sucks. The top line is absolutely useless in the playoffs. As a team they are letting 50+ shots a night. Smith.... Mike F'n Smith has been the best player on the team in the playoffs. Everyone was saying our goaltending is going to be the only downfall to the team, nope... nope that is not the case.
I honestly thought it goaltending and lack of grit might be the issues. They arnt deep enough into the playoffs for grit to be much of a factor so I still may be right with that. That said, I may be right with the goaltending too. Sure he’s standing on his head right now, but some streaks are long and some are short. How long can he go before he starts playing like..........Mike Smith? I’m very surprised at the flames inability to get plays started. Wasn’t the case all year. I thought the top lines on each team might cancel each other out but the depth of the remaining lines would get them enough points here and there to carry them through. Its not happening. No heart is what I’m seeing.
Pray to the hockey gods that smith can stand on his head for the next 3 games, the others find some spunk, and McKinnon gets the flu.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:42 AM

Trade Johnny(floor hockey) Gadreau he is useless
Old 04-18-2019, 07:47 AM

Wow no Tchkuck no Neil presence tonight.I thought Gio and the goalie had a great game. I cant believe how slow we look and the Avs look fast.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:07 AM

Those flames are hot, quite the meltdown we're all getting to witness.

BW
Old 04-18-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkslayer132 View Post
Trade Johnny(floor hockey) Gadreau he is useless
I always thought he was too slow for such a small guy?

McKinnon is skating circles around Flames.

Most important factors in Playoffs.

Goaltending and SOG.

If the D kept the SOG under 30 Smith would have won the series by now

50+ SOG per game is absolutely pathetic!!!
Old 04-18-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 mag View Post
I always thought he was too slow for such a small guy?

McKinnon is skating circles around Flames.

Most important factors in Playoffs.

Goaltending and SOG.

If the D kept the SOG under 30 Smith would have won the series by now

50+ SOG per game is absolutely pathetic!!!
Would be interesting to pair McKinnon with Mcdavid. Outright scary coming up the ice.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:46 AM

Shocker, I see the room filled up with people waiting in the wings for the Flames to fail in order to come in here. Not even going to comment on their Shiz comments.

We are in tough here now. Last night was a much better effort from what little I saw, but still need to be more consistent. Lot's of times where we could have held on, but let them take the pressure back and we start chasing them.
I am sure i am just way to optimistic, but obviously we need to win Friday, and if we can build from that and steal one on the road, as we have played well on the road all year. Poof tied, then home win in 7. ( I know TALL order)
Not looking like we can pound out 3 in a row here, but out of the 3 losses we have been in OT twice with legit chances to win in OT. Just their GT pulls a key save out of his *****. Could just as easy be up 3-1 here but not the case.
I didn't see much of the game to know who did or didn't do what but the Top line better start being a Top line.
Not giving up on My Flames. Go Flames Go!!!! Got to believe..
Old 04-18-2019, 10:51 AM

Peters needs to put Hanofin/Hamonic against McKinnon line. Not Giordano/Brodie. Start with that.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:04 AM

Take frolik out of the line up and put in Dube.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:15 AM

Anyone else notice Thachuk has been invisible since Cole had a little conversation with him in game 2?
Old 04-18-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
Shocker, I see the room filled up with people waiting in the wings for the Flames to fail in order to come in here. Not even going to comment on their Shiz comments.

We are in tough here now. Last night was a much better effort from what little I saw, but still need to be more consistent. Lot's of times where we could have held on, but let them take the pressure back and we start chasing them.
I am sure i am just way to optimistic, but obviously we need to win Friday, and if we can build from that and steal one on the road, as we have played well on the road all year. Poof tied, then home win in 7. ( I know TALL order)
Not looking like we can pound out 3 in a row here, but out of the 3 losses we have been in OT twice with legit chances to win in OT. Just their GT pulls a key save out of his *****. Could just as easy be up 3-1 here but not the case.
I didn't see much of the game to know who did or didn't do what but the Top line better start being a Top line.

It's all in good fun, the series is not over until it's over. Smith has been unbelievable, Giordano has played well, and I could never imagine putting Gaudreau and slow in the same sentence. Who knows, maybe playing at the higher elevation could've taken some wind out of their sails.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:42 PM

Gaudreau, a boy playing a mans game. Edmonton used to have a few of these. It must be hard to play against teams that bully the little fellers. We need more Ovechkin like players that have grown a set. A real live superstar.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Take frolik out of the line up and put in Dube.
I would rather see Neal taken out of the lineup, He certainly hasn't looked good, I was hopeful he would find his game in the playoffs, but he hasn't. He is a liability every time he is on the ice.
Too slow
Can't anticipate where the puck is going to be.
Never has body position to win a battle on the boards
Can't handle the puck when he gets it, so he just dumps it in and turns it over, since he isn't fast enough to chase it.
Can't seem to get a shot off to save his life, and if he does somehow manage to get it off he can't hit the net.

Don't really care who goes in for him as long as they can skate they will be an upgrade. If for some reason Peters keeps him in the line up, please take him off the 2nd power play unit.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:21 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2019, 01:55 PM
Banned

Quote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alberta hockey fans are tough alright. Have to be
Old 04-18-2019, 02:50 PM
Banned

Quote:

Sing it brother!! Giving up is what happens 3 hours north. Hammer down and lets see what happens. Even a glimpse behind the playoff curtain is nice.
Oh and bench Neil... Someone in that practise squad is raring to go.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Anyone else notice Thachuk has been invisible since Cole had a little conversation with him in game 2?
Tkachuk won't come out of his shell!

BW
Old 04-18-2019, 03:31 PM

First of all... to the posters crying about Oiler fans rejoicing in Calgary’s demise.....go read some random posts here...http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=355809
Second, some of us want Calgary to win the cup or at least do well. Praying for a miracle!
Old 04-18-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Shocker, I see the room filled up with people waiting in the wings for the Flames to fail in order to come in here. Not even going to comment on their Shiz comments. ..
Funny how often your on the Oiler thread bashing them. Mathew was guaranteed to be a no show in the playoffs he talks a tough game but hides behind teammates when it hits the fan. His dad and brother are what he should be more like. Jonny is as good as a hockey player comes but 20-30lbs to light need to have Flury talk with him. The real deal Neal looks like Luch not even close to good enough for cash paid out and what the hell is with Bennets moustache.
I do hope your boys can win the series might have to shoot Nathan in order to make that happen though. Good luck I’d like to see the red mile after a win
Old 04-18-2019, 03:58 PM
Banned

Quote:

Of course you're going to see soiler fans coming out of the woodwork to jump on this thread. Many of them are the same ones who complained about Flames fans on their beloved soiler thread.

But hey, cut them some slack, they only get to talk home team playoff hockey on their thread once every 10 -12 years or so. Don't see it changing anytime soon either. They need the outlet for their perennial frustration and post season envy.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:18 PM
Banned

On the Oiler thread:
Quote:
Who here thinks the Oilers can pull this off? Raise your hands.
Ok now slap yourself with it.
On the Flames thread:
Quote:
Old 04-18-2019, 04:25 PM
Banned

30 years. Imagine 30 years. 4 series wins. Every year a team wins 4 series. The phlegms have won 4 in 30 years. That is a chitty record.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:33 PM

I fully welcome Oilers fans to come in here and throw their insults at us, we do the same the them. Please, tell us more about what to change to be successful.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
I fully welcome Oilers fans to come in here and throw their insults at us, we do the same the them. Please, tell us more about what to change to be successful.
I told you what I think might help on this page.
Old 04-18-2019, 05:07 PM

Bah!

Alberta needs a looong playoff run. I hope you Flamers give em what fer and we get to the conference final at least.

Calgary needs some heros.

Les go boys!
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 04-18-2019, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Bah!

Alberta needs a looong playoff run. I hope you Flamers give em what fer and we get to the conference final at least.

Calgary needs some heros.

Les go boys!

Alberta had a huge win on Tuesday. That’s good enough for me.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMX View Post
Funny how often your on the Oiler thread bashing them. Mathew was guaranteed to be a no show in the playoffs he talks a tough game but hides behind teammates when it hits the fan. His dad and brother are what he should be more like. Jonny is as good as a hockey player comes but 20-30lbs to light need to have Flury talk with him. The real deal Neal looks like Luch not even close to good enough for cash paid out and what the hell is with Bennets moustache.
I do hope your boys can win the series might have to shoot Nathan in order to make that happen though. Good luck I’d like to see the red mile after a win
I have no problem with Oiler fans like say eg. Brandan's Dad coming in here and rattling some chains, as he also comes here regularly and talks actual hockey as well. Sure I go to the Oiler thread and drop a haymaker now and then, but i will also talk hockey and as a question here and there. I don't wait in the weeds till their down, and then go in be an azz to never be seen again until the next low point. They are the folks I am referring to.

I don't see Tkachuck hiding behind anyone, but if you think so cool. Neil ugh I so want him to be Neil but there is no defending that, and Benny's stache is a thing of beauty. Man that dude can grow some facial hair.
Figers crossed we see some Red Mile action. It aint looking good but it also isn't over.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
On the Oiler thread:

On the Flames thread:

HAHA thanks Dave, I got a good giggle when I posted that one. Care to go back and dig up some parts where I actually talk Oiler hockey??? I go and give my fair share of digs, but I also chat hockey. The ones i am referring to are the ones who don't talk hockey, and only like to be D***'s.
I got no problem being bugged but talk about the game a little.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boah View Post
30 years. Imagine 30 years. 4 series wins. Every year a team wins 4 series. The phlegms have won 4 in 30 years. That is a chitty record.
This right here is a classic example of the type of people I am referring to. Crap comments and zero hockey talk. Just shizz .
Prime candidate for the ignore section which is up next.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
That’s actually lanny if someone didn’t recognize...younger and no stache...
I know I'm a day late BUT I thought that was Al Hamilton