Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-10-2019, 10:32 AM

Default ISO: Bear Hunting partner

New to Alberta I was hoping to find a hunting partner willing to show me the ropes with Alberta black bear hunting

I could extend the favour by taking them back to Saskatchewan at some point where I have bait and stands ( 6 hour drive is a little bit much for a weekend hunt)

I’m willing to provide as much assistant as poussble (set up bait etc)
Old 04-10-2019, 10:56 AM

Where are you looking to hunt? I know I'd love to have a snow geese buddy in SK, been thinking about that for a few years now.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokefromtheeast View Post
New to Alberta I was hoping to find a hunting partner willing to show me the ropes with Alberta black bear hunting

I could extend the favour by taking them back to Saskatchewan at some point where I have bait and stands ( 6 hour drive is a little bit much for a weekend hunt)

I’m willing to provide as much assistant as poussble (set up bait etc)
Are you a sask resident or an alberta resident?
Old 04-11-2019, 01:01 PM

I am up around grande prairie area and would enjoy the help and company. My usual hunting partner is moving back to Ontario! Booo!

Pm me anytime
Old 04-11-2019, 01:07 PM

Trapperdylan, I'm in Peace River and would love to get out and do some duck and geese also, not sure if you are into it but got my first taste of it last year, and was amazing. I don't have the funds to buy the decoys just yet, but it's coming.

IF you ever want a reliable, safe guy to go out with, let me know.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:08 PM

I looking with in a few hours of Edmonton on any given weekend but with some planning I would make a trip just about any where

I am a sask resident (for now )

And I just happen to have permission for waterfowl hunting to roughly 200 000 acres in southern sask !
Old 04-12-2019, 06:06 AM
Banned

If you're not a Alberta resident you can't buy an over the counter tag. I believe you'd need a resident to take you as a hunter host.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokefromtheeast View Post
I looking with in a few hours of Edmonton on any given weekend but with some planning I would make a trip just about any where

I am a sask resident (for now )

And I just happen to have permission for waterfowl hunting to roughly 200 000 acres in southern sask !
PM me for my contact info, me and a few buddies have plans for bear starting in the next 2 weeks or so, spot and stalk, not baiting, on crown land that is full of blackies not too far, maybe an hour or two from Peace River.

I was talking to my group about doing a Sask snow goose trip in March, it would be unreal to get 2-4 guys to split fuel and hotel costs and hell for 50 a day I'd buy and transport a deep freeze in the back of the truck, yo ucan bet that hahaha.
Old 04-13-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRE75 View Post
PM me for my contact info, me and a few buddies have plans for bear starting in the next 2 weeks or so, spot and stalk, not baiting, on crown land that is full of blackies not too far, maybe an hour or two from Peace River.

I was talking to my group about doing a Sask snow goose trip in March, it would be unreal to get 2-4 guys to split fuel and hotel costs and hell for 50 a day I'd buy and transport a deep freeze in the back of the truck, yo ucan bet that hahaha.
Last report I heard there was huge population this year and like every other year it will cont to climb
Old 04-13-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZR View Post
If you're not a Alberta resident you can't buy an over the counter tag. I believe you'd need a resident to take you as a hunter host.
You are correct, hunting big game, wolf or coyote. As a non resident requires a “Hunter host”
Old 04-17-2019, 07:09 PM

Thanks to everyone who replied !