Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-10-2011, 03:35 PM

Default Gotta Hunt

Hi

Name is Ian -50 plus years old - here in Alberta for awhile (20 years )-- been hunting since I was 16i n B.C.where I grew up , alway s the same when you are there you want to hunt here --or Sask. --when here want more -- hunting is obviously a addiction of sorts Still havnt found a "steady "hunting partner here but know lots of guys that have there own groups .--- do bow and rifle -- always loking for a more productive area -- Elk ,big white tail and Mulie on draw -- I am # 3 priority this year -- hope to go south of Taber towards Manyberries
Just got a shot gun last year and plan on duck and goose if anyone is willing to show the ropes
Dont drink while hunting but like a bevvie after the fact as we mostly do I suppose , dont smoke but like to use scents and camo --do lots of day trips in my trusty jeep Rubicon and small trialer to pull back the game -- none last year -- I guess getting to fussy -- dont want anything small I think some ethics come into play with most of us -- let the small one grow and have some respect .

If anyone is interested maybe get back to me here --

iammares@shaw.ca

Happy hunting

Cheers

Ian
Old 04-17-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallen1817 View Post
Come on guys, you're really derailing a useful thread. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but this thread is for finding a hunting partner and networking, not name calling. If you aren't offering assistance or looking for a hunting partner, find a different thread.

-Jeff
Good call. The man obviously knows what he wants and doesn't want. Hats off for being a straight shooter!! Call a spade a ******ing shovel I say.
Anyway, I'm living in the Cold Lake area and really haven't done a lot of hunting seriously since I left Fort St john about 5 years ago.
Bought a new Remington CDL in 300 Winchester in hopes of rekindling my desire to fill my own freezer. I've got all the gear and then some. Been collecting it for 25 years and would welcome anyone in the area who would like to get together this fall and do some hunting. Like a whiskey or two after the hunt, nothing during and I don't road hunt. If you're interested PM me.
Got lots of permission around the GLendon/Goodridge area.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:37 PM

Default Opportunity for new/inexperienced hunter(s) Edmonton Area

Are you new to hunting? or do you want to join a small rifle hunting group?

We are looking for 1-3 guys physically fit (between 25-35, like us) who are dedicated enthusiastic hunters to join our group. our group currently consists of fathers/sons but the dads are too far over the hill and can no longer hunt aggressively anymore.
I know there is always a lot of talk out there about how awesome some guys think they are, we are not the best but we have valuable experience, amazing hunting/shooting skills, and the animals to prove it!
we are farmers ourselves so we have ties with other farmers as well, so our hunting land base is massive.
we are willing to train you to hunt if you don't have the skills. we hunt everything except mtn goats and cats. someone with sheep skills would be awesome, as we have never hunted them, but would like to. (we mainly focus on Elk, Moose, Deer, Geese, Coyotes). we have all our own processing equipment so all our meat is clean, cut, and wrapped to a high standard with no cost, but you have to be willing to help out.

we drink socially, no drugs, and are looking for someone like minded, as we like to joke around a lot and make hunting an awesome experience! no guides or guys that can't keep a secret allowed.

send me a PM if you're game!
Old 04-29-2011, 02:27 AM

Hey, I just got my hunting licence this year and bought a crossbow last year. I live in edmonton and am looking to hunt just about anything just about anywhere. could really use someone to show me the ropes and what not
Old 05-02-2011, 07:14 PM

Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to hunting. I shot a few grouse and a duck or two last year. I've been out rabbit hunting three times but can never find any bunnies. I do my best but I'm not experienced and I don't have a dog.

I have a 12 gauge shotgun and an M1 Garand .30-'06 with iron sights. I just purchased a house in Airdrie near Calgary where I stay during my days off, and my schedule is 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. During my shift I stay in High Level Alberta.

I'm looking for a good hunting partner or hunting partners. Many people I know are hunters but it's really hard to get them to come out, the schedules don't match etc.

I'd like to find some hunting partners who are interested in getting some results and who are serious about it. I mean, sleeping in and being laid back and shooting the breeze all day on a hunting day is fun and all but I'd like to meet some people who are more serious and who don't get discouraged after an hour.

Pop me a message if you're interested in meeting up. Thanks!
Old 05-03-2011, 09:24 PM

Default WANTED !!! Hunting partners

Looking for an individual or individuals who are interestd in Worldwide hunting adventures. I have hunted extensively in all the Prairie Provinces as well as Alaska, Southern part USA & Africa. Would like to return to Africa this summer and I am planning a hunt to Kamchatka and New Zealand next year. Anyone interested please PM me- I am a regular hunter not a Consultant/Outfitter etc.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:01 PM

Default Ethical Hunter.

I am looking for a regular or occasional hunting partner that takes it seriously but is not fanatical if that makes sense. Someone who contributes, has a sense of humour, non smoker and doesn't drink while he hunts. I mostly rifle hunt and do some bow hunting. I like to hunt whitetail, mulies, moose, elk and grouse. I would like to try sheep hunting and when drawn antelope. I have taken some nice animals and been in Big buck magazine. I am willing to take non experienced hunters if they are willing to listen and learn. I DON'T know it all or pretend to and i am always learning myself. I have recently relocated to Thorsby and i am looking forward to exploring the area.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:34 PM

I'm new to hunting, 26 year old male, finally got all my licenses this year but unfortunately I've personally never gone hunting before. All my family is back in ontario and my grandfather quit hunting before I was old enough to join him. Animals I would like to set my sights on include, whitetail or mulie Deer, Moose, Elk, cougar, wolf, bear, coyote,gopher, and pretty much any other legal land critter I can find, maybe ducks and grouse and pheasants when I get a shotgun. I'm looking for someone with a fair bit of success and experience that wouldn't mind passing down some knowledge. I live in the Edmonton area and am a member of the sherwood park range. I have a 30-06 and a .17hrm... pm me if you have any opportunities for me. *Note* I do not mind leaving my rifle at home and just observing and learning different skills, tracking, calling etc. I wouldn't mind meeting people around my age either as long as you have experience and patience... I want to hunt with mature/serious individuals... a sense of humou is great but don't want a dangerous hunting partner.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer8 View Post
Hi

Name is Ian -50 plus years old - here in Alberta for awhile (20 years )-- been hunting since I was 16i n B.C.where I grew up , alway s the same when you are there you want to hunt here --or Sask. --when here want more -- hunting is obviously a addiction of sorts Still havnt found a "steady "hunting partner here but know lots of guys that have there own groups .--- do bow and rifle -- always loking for a more productive area -- Elk ,big white tail and Mulie on draw -- I am # 3 priority this year -- hope to go south of Taber towards Manyberries
Just got a shot gun last year and plan on duck and goose if anyone is willing to show the ropes
Dont drink while hunting but like a bevvie after the fact as we mostly do I suppose , dont smoke but like to use scents and camo --do lots of day trips in my trusty jeep Rubicon and small trialer to pull back the game -- none last year -- I guess getting to fussy -- dont want anything small I think some ethics come into play with most of us -- let the small one grow and have some respect .

If anyone is interested maybe get back to me here --

iammares@shaw.ca

Happy hunting

Cheers

Ian
PM sent
Old 05-09-2011, 11:30 PM

Default Looking for Partner

Hi Guys, my hunting partner has moved away so I looking to find one or two serious hunters to join my camp. A little about me: Im 47 and have been hunting since I was a child. I am mainly into big game and fairly well equiped to go after it.( 4x4, quad, outfitter tent with frame camping gear etc). Im mainly into big game like elk,moose and deer. I hunt with a rifle as well as a bow from the south to the north of the province. When I go hunting I go to hunt not sit in camp and drink or whine about the weather. Im looking for likeminded guys so if you like to drink more than hunt we wouldn't get along very well. I pay my share of the expences and I expect the same from the rest of the guys in camp. I will respect you and want the same in return. I go for a week or more at a time on some hunts but also do some shorter hunts as well. Please be equipped to hunt with reliable gear and a good attitude, I dont care to much about your age as long as you are set up to go into the woods for a week or more. If anyone is interested drop me a line. Im in Calgary BTW.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:56 PM

Sounds like you and me WindyWalker would get along just good! I am only 23, but I have a trailer, but no quads yet. I would love to shoot a ELK one day soon. I just started last year and it's a blast, I can't wait to hunt sheep one day too!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:12 PM

Default Homested Range

I'm interested in finding a partner to spend some time at the range with. Homested range is relatively close to Calgary so that's where I tend to go.

Looking forward to teaching what I know (I'm no expert) or listen intently to anyone willing to share their knowledge.

Caveat: you supply the wear and tear on your vehicle and I'll cover all the gas $$. I'll explain more over the phone.

Play safe everyone.
Cheers.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:51 PM

Default Archery hunting partner around calgary

looking for anyone who wants to go out the first week of archery season to go out for elk. I am 19 years old. just looking for someone who can to long hours of hiking, because i am planning on hunting northwest of calgary. i have been bowhunting big game very sucsessfully for 7 years, just dont have someone to go out to bowhunt elk with. Looking for some one who has at least bow hunted for a couple of years and the more knowladgeable you are at hunting elk the better
Old 05-22-2011, 09:49 PM

Would like to find someone to do backpack sheep hunts with. I'm young 22 and have hunted sheep casually the last two years, but am looking to get more serious this year. Physical fitness and backpacking gear are a must. I'm a pretty easy guy to get along with. I want to do some scouting before the season starts which is a good way to get to know each other.

I have deer hunting partners, but am always looking for more if sheep are not your thing.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:59 PM

Default Looking For Hunting Mentor In Calgary Area.

Hi Everyone,

I'm 31, living in Calgary and I'm looking for a big game hunting partner. I have been hunting for 4 short years and I'm looking for someone with experience to hunt elk and moose with bow and or rifle.

I do bring one advantage to the table and that's abilty to scout large areas from the air. My job requires me to fly low level in the foothills and forest reserve's regulary and it gives me an oppertunity to watch the animals from a unique perspective year round. I see what the elk are doing year round and it's not uncommon to spot 50+ moose in a days work. I think that with my eyes in the sky and somebody's experience on the ground we could have a lot of successful hunting trips.

If your interested PM

Cheers.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:52 PM

I read your message and I am a older person (61) who enjoys hunting. I live in Calgary and have permission on private land to hunt so I am quite particular about who I take in with me to hunt. I hunt deer, elk and moose and I had a good year hunting last year. If you would like to PM me your phone number we could further discuss hunting and go from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyak View Post
I'm a young guy (20) who is a newbie. Spectated on a few hunts when I was a little guy but don't know anyone who hunts since my grandpa passed. Figured I would take a stab at a whitetail this year as I just did my hunter ed this spring. Will travel anywhere 4 hours or so from Calgary. Looking to hunt forestry as I don't have any landowner contacts. Have my own rifles. If anyone wants some company and to show me some stuff drop me a PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:31 AM

I am 29 and have not gone hunting since about 15 with a uncle and his group back in Ontario. At 15 I got heavily into sports, and was needed on the farm so the time was not there and dad was not intersted.
I know very little about hunting, and looking for someone to teach me. So far I have two rifles for deer and larger game and a good pair of hikers.
I live in Red Deer, and do a lot of camping, off roading and trying to do more hiking, a buddy at work is teaching me about fishing, but willing to go out with anyone.
Thank You
Old 06-08-2011, 04:59 AM

Default Hunts

Im a Responsible 25 year old family guy, Just moved to Alberta From Saskatchewan. Looking for a group or partner for Spring and Fall Hunts as the wife does not want me going out solo. She also likes the outdoors, so she is interested in coming out on wive trips and getting into hunting. Ive been hunting spring bear since 2000 in northern sask but would like to expand into White tail, muley, elk, and moose....I have no experience other than Black bear except for pushing bush as a kid. pretty much interested in Hunting for any large Game. I live in Calgary Area, but may be moving to northern AB for wifes work. I work in the oil industry so my schedule is fairly flexible. Im suited up rifle wise to take down most anything as i tend to buy guns more often than i should. I have a truck, a trailer and quads so could make it on most any hunts. Age to me is not important, im a non smoker, and enjoy a drink or 2 now and then after hunts. if you are interested in good times and good hunts shoot me a message.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:18 PM

Default Hunting Partner Edmonton Area

Looking for a new group of people to hunt with!!! 27 year old female from edmonton, own a 270 and this will be my 5th year out. I like to hunt deer and moose. Would go for elk as well! Have all my own gear but the truck is gone in the divorce!!!

Looking for people with a sense of humour who actually do hunt and usually save the drinking for when the sun goes down!!! Male or female doesnt matter as long as you arn't looking for a date!!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:07 PM

Hi I live in whitecourt. I am looking for a hunting buddy. I think I have most every piece of gear. This year (2011) will be my 3rd year hunting and I am again trying for elk and moose this year. I love hunting and want to get my success rate up but still would consider myself an amateur. My schedule is all over the place who it would be best to set dates as far ahead as possible for hunting. I am pretty easy going but would like to have someone to become friends with and share meat with and help each other with animal recover...
Old 06-13-2011, 12:14 PM

Default Beginner

Thanks so much for setting this up. I am just getting back into hunting after a few years off. I am looking for someone or a group that is willing to take on a green hunter. Let me know if you are able and willing.
Cheers,
Old 06-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Rancher_49

Default Want a Bighorn Ram ?

I am 65 years old and good health and still am addicted to hunting rams.
For me it is just to get out there. I have had a lifetime of packing horses
and guiding for Bighorn. But right now I don't have any equipment left but do own two good horses. I am just going to toss this around. If you have horses and equipment but don't know where to go or how to hunt them maybe you'd
like to learn. I know the where and the how, that's all.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:07 AM

Default Hunting Partner

Hey there InvertedAV8r , private message sent

Last edited by windwalker; 06-14-2011 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Mistake
Old 06-14-2011, 08:44 PM

Thought I'd throw this out there. I usually hunt by myself, but I've got a pr. 6, Moose I'd like to exercise and that isn't a one man hunt in my humble opinion. I'd like to do a 4, 5 day hunt someplace, where the chances of success are fairly good and there's still my Spring bear tag to fill. Got a quad, which might prove handy. I'm a sixtyish guy, not all that hard to get along with. I'm wide open to ideas. Drop me a PM if you think we can work together on this.

Grizz
Old 06-15-2011, 06:42 AM

Default Looking for partner/group

I am still looking for a hunting partner, I'm just starting out and would love someone to show me the ropes this year. I am a 23 year old and I live in Edmonton and am interested In hunting anything anywhere.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hihi962 View Post
Are you new to hunting? or do you want to join a small rifle hunting group?

We are looking for 1-3 guys physically fit (between 25-35, like us) who are dedicated enthusiastic hunters to join our group. our group currently consists of fathers/sons but the dads are too far over the hill and can no longer hunt aggressively anymore.
I know there is always a lot of talk out there about how awesome some guys think they are, we are not the best but we have valuable experience, amazing hunting/shooting skills, and the animals to prove it!
we are farmers ourselves so we have ties with other farmers as well, so our hunting land base is massive.
we are willing to train you to hunt if you don't have the skills. we hunt everything except mtn goats and cats. someone with sheep skills would be awesome, as we have never hunted them, but would like to. (we mainly focus on Elk, Moose, Deer, Geese, Coyotes). we have all our own processing equipment so all our meat is clean, cut, and wrapped to a high standard with no cost, but you have to be willing to help out.

we drink socially, no drugs, and are looking for someone like minded, as we like to joke around a lot and make hunting an awesome experience! no guides or guys that can't keep a secret allowed.

send me a PM if you're game!
Just an update people, yea, I've gotten a lot of interest from you guys for people wanting to learn and join up, which is awesome! Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you guys, I've been doing the farming thing and have been pretty busy, then when not farming I've been on the lake getting my butt handed to me in the fishing tournament! haha! so I was thinking of having you guys come out to the farm (with rifle) within the next two weeks, so we can get to know one another and figure out if we'd get along well and determine a baseline of hunting/shooting skills. doesn't mean the most skilled person joins the group. I was just thinking of bringing on about 3 new people that are like us to join us. I think it'd work great!
Old 06-17-2011, 06:47 PM

Default hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck71 View Post
hey guys im up in grande prairie with a bull moose tag 356, plus w/t deer, bull elk. looking for someone who wants to hunt. couple of guys who are heading back east that i hunt with....
Darrell
i need a partner in hunting elk i was wondering if your interested
Old 06-17-2011, 06:56 PM

Thumbs up hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by windwalker View Post
Hi Guys, my hunting partner has moved away so I looking to find one or two serious hunters to join my camp. A little about me: Im 47 and have been hunting since I was a child. I am mainly into big game and fairly well equiped to go after it.( 4x4, quad, outfitter tent with frame camping gear etc). Im mainly into big game like elk,moose and deer. I hunt with a rifle as well as a bow from the south to the north of the province. When I go hunting I go to hunt not sit in camp and drink or whine about the weather. Im looking for likeminded guys so if you like to drink more than hunt we wouldn't get along very well. I pay my share of the expences and I expect the same from the rest of the guys in camp. I will respect you and want the same in return. I go for a week or more at a time on some hunts but also do some shorter hunts as well. Please be equipped to hunt with reliable gear and a good attitude, I dont care to much about your age as long as you are set up to go into the woods for a week or more. If anyone is interested drop me a line. Im in Calgary BTW.
hello we are two guy that are looking to hunt elk we been hunting for long time but havent been elk hunting cause we both come from east,we both have all hunting gear like quads,holiday trailers everything a hunter needs except we never hunt elk and its are dream to go out and do some elk hunting so if you would like to bring us with you we pay are share and are not scared to go out in anyweather there is soo hope to ear from you thanks ahead Mike
Old 06-17-2011, 07:32 PM

Smile hey

hey we are 2 guys looking for a elk hunting that knows his way around to hunt elk we are 2 experience hunter with everything we need to hunt just never been elk hunting cause we are both from east sooo if you looking for some partners in elk hunting would be greatly appreciate we will pay are share and have quads,holiday trailers everything a guy needs thanks in advance
Old 06-17-2011, 10:31 PM

Default hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by twytter View Post
i need a partner in hunting elk i was wondering if your interested
yea we are 2 guys from east but we been living in alberta for a while we been hunting deers lots and moose but never been elk hunting we dont really know where to go and wondering if youd like to go hunting with us we have all the gears from truck to quads to campers everything and are ready to share expense soo if your intyerested let me know again thanks Mike and i live in fort saskatchewan