Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 03:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
My comment "it's just a business" is about game farming. The problem is many people lump the two together. If you don't want to hunt high fenced then don't. If you don't want to eat pen raised cows then don't. The choice is up to you. If you're that worried about what other people think you shouldn't be doing anything these days. If you look online you'll find people against everything short of breathing, who Facking cares ? If it's not against the law then let those people that want to do it go ahead.

I heard a guy just two weeks ago refer to a archery bighorn hunt in Canmore as a pet shoot, you know "Freddy that came down for a quick apple"
Sorry if your opinion doesn't hold much weight as far as I'm concerned, try live and let live for a while.
Pen raised cows versus non pen raised cows - [?] I joined the forum to comment on the wolf cull and caribou program and can tell when I'm clearly out of my league, so Mr. Diesel I shall humbly bow to your expertise on pet shoots and step back from further discussion.

Oh! just so you don't think I'm a total idiot I think I suggested people may link your pet shoots with hunting just as you have.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:23 PM

Pet shoots?
Obviously oh must think that any high fenced hunt is a " pet shoot"
Do you have a set number of square miles before something is not calls a
" pet shoot"
I have never participated in a high fenced hunt so don't know -unless the Wainwright hunts " pet shoots"
Cat
Old 12-21-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Pet shoots?
Obviously oh must think that any high fenced hunt is a " pet shoot"
Do you have a set number of square miles before something is not calls a
" pet shoot"
I have never participated in a high fenced hunt so don't know -unless the Wainwright hunts " pet shoots"
Cat
In Wainwright the game animals have the opportunity to come and go as they please, so I don't consider it a "pet shoot". Just driving the perimeter, you see countless sets of tracks entering and leaving the base.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
My comment "it's just a business" is about game farming. The problem is many people lump the two together. If you don't want to hunt high fenced then don't. If you don't want to eat pen raised cows then don't. The choice is up to you. If you're that worried about what other people think you shouldn't be doing anything these days. If you look online you'll find people against everything short of breathing, who Facking cares ? If it's not against the law then let those people that want to do it go ahead.

I heard a guy just two weeks ago refer to a archery bighorn hunt in Canmore as a pet shoot, you know "Freddy that came down for a quick apple"
Sorry if your opinion doesn't hold much weight as far as I'm concerned, try live and let live for a while.

This "just a business" of "game" farming is responsible for translocating cwd to many areas of north america. Why isn't this business held responsible for the economic and social cost this "just a business" has imposed onto the general public?

Why should our wildlife be exposed to genetic contamination from this business?

Why should the public have to deal with escaped product that becomes damaging invasive species?

Why the heck do people call shooting livestock "Hunting" ?

Hunting is the pursuit to capture and/or kill game.

One cannot Hunt game that has already been captured.
Livestock is Not game....

"Game" farming and shooting preserves are far from being "just a business", they are more appropriately described as parasitic ventures. Sucking money and ego at the expense of wildlife and the true Hunting community.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 12-22-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
This "just a business" of "game" farming is responsible for translocating cwd to many areas of north america. Why isn't this business held responsible for the economic and social cost this "just a business" has imposed onto the general public?

Why should the public have to deal with escaped product that becomes damaging invasive species?

"Game" farming and shooting preserves are far from being "just a business", they are more appropriately described as parasitic ventures. Sucking money and ego at the expense of wildlife and the true Hunting community.
X2 Thats it exactly
Old 12-22-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post

Well you certainly are entitled to your opinion WB.

But didn't CWD exist for 40 years or so before they found it on game farms ? I thought it originated from a sheep disease.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:

But didn't CWD exist for 40 years or so before they found it on game farms ? I thought it originated from a sheep disease.
If I were you I would read Daryle Rowledge's book or even his series in Alberta Outdoorsmen before you comment further, just hate to see someone keep embarrassing themselves.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberman View Post
If I were you I would read Daryle Rowledge's book or even his series in Alberta Outdoorsmen before you comment further, just hate to see someone keep embarrassing themselves.
Don't worry about me, I got my information from another authors opinion, much like Daryle Rowledges, it is his opinion.

My opinion is you were banned as somebody else in the past month or so, and I won't have to put up with a clown like you much longer. Because you will banned again for spouting your tinfoil hat wearing agenda. That's my opinion
Old 12-22-2014, 02:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Don't worry about me, I got my information from another authors opinion, much like Daryle Rowledges, it is his opinion.

My opinion is you were banned as somebody else in the past month or so, and I won't have to put up with a clown like you much longer. Because you will banned again for spouting your tinfoil hat wearing agenda. That's my opinion
I think my prions are out of order today: whats a "tinfoil hat wearing agenda"? Also am curious who you are referring to that was banned so I can see what kind of company I will be keeping.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Also am curious who you are referring to that was banned so I can see what kind of company I will be keeping.
I think that he is pointing to the fact that in your first post you claim to have been reading the forum for a few years but just joined recently so that you could post. Yet in the space of a couple of days you have posted something like ten times, including on threads that have been going for months and which one might have expected you to have read and taken an interest in before two days ago. The communication bug has suddenly hit you.

I'm not saying you are a banned returnee. I'm not that clued in to spot certain posting styles, and I've got no skin in this thread. But that is probably what your friend here suspects. Sort of fits the profile.

Anyway, welcome to the forum (officially).

And with hhadle "Liberman", you are in for a rough ride here. LOL
Old 12-22-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
I think my prions are out of order today: whats a "tinfoil hat wearing agenda"? Also am curious who you are referring to that was banned so I can see what kind of company I will be keeping.
Since prions are technically always out of order or misfolded I'm not sure why today would be any different then any other day. Or are you claiming you have Creutzvfeltd-Jakob Disease and have lost your ability to process basic English ???
Old 12-22-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:

And you to yours. But can you support your opinion that "game" farming is "just a business"? Not many businesses are able to operate without paying some proportion of compensation for the enenvironmental damage it causes. This fact alone makes this business quite "special".

No.
The timeline was closer to ten years, and it likely could have been even less if the testing of "game" farms was effected earlier.
Yes, cwd is suspected to have evolved from sheep scrapies.

Back to the OP.
I find it hypocritical and very disappointing that the publisher would take money from a "game" farm. There are enough publications from this company stating their acknowledgments of the link between game farms being responsible for introducing cwd to wildlife.

It's a real shame that money won out over their own published ethical position.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 12-22-2014, 03:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Since prions are technically always out of order or misfolded I'm not sure why today would be any different then any other day. Or are you claiming you have Creutzvfeltd-Jakob Disease and have lost your ability to process basic English ???
Nope! just understand your lingo or points or whatever you are trying to say.

Thank you Okatokian. I'm still not clear on the tin hat business but cannot process basic English so that's understandable. Things like the wolf cull, pet shooting, etc. have been sore spots for ages and I am now speaking out. I consider people like Mr. diesel to be adding to the problems high fences cause, very likely unintentionally, but he has the right to speak out and did, just as I have the right to be critical of his comments. I enjoy the hunting and trapping forums especially and think the time is right for some change in caribou management.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
And with handle "Liberman", you are in for a rough ride here. LOL
Just so there is no confusion or misunderstanding, I only said this given your handle's proximity to "Liberal"
Old 12-22-2014, 03:52 PM

Someone is slowly unravelling into a Ravenlunatic.
Old 12-22-2014, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Bingo !!!

Or another former member of high regard for that matter.
Old 12-22-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Pen raised cows versus non pen raised cows - [?] I joined the forum to comment on the wolf cull and caribou program and can tell when I'm clearly out of my league, so Mr. Diesel I shall humbly bow to your expertise on pet shoots and step back from further discussion.

Oh! just so you don't think I'm a total idiot I think I suggested people may link your pet shoots with hunting just as you have.
Is that you again Dwight? I was wondering when you'd pop up here again. What's it been? A month? 6 weeks since you got banned the last time? Surprised it took this long for you to slither back on to AO.
Old 12-22-2014, 04:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
I just did a quick search to check out Ravenlunatic and didn't find where he was banned unless it was in the thread about accidentally snaring dogs. I didn't read everything but what I did I don't see what got him kicked out. The few other issues I read seemed reasonable to me so maybe I will be given the boot.

The interesting thing to me is how some of you guys keep from answering the questions put to you with your diversions.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertadave View Post
Is that you again Dwight? I was wondering when you'd pop up here again. What's it been? A month? 6 weeks since you got banned the last time? Surprised it took this long for you to slither back on to AO.
Don't flatter yourself, just answer the question I asked you about the BS letter you want everyone to sign and send to the minister. As a Sheep Foundation member who has a hatred for wolves for years and cost your members over $50,000 in bounties for nothing you are the one who is slithering. So just answer the question! No BS
Old 12-22-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Don't flatter yourself, just answer the question I asked you about the BS letter you want everyone to sign and send to the minister. As a Sheep Foundation member who has a hatred for wolves for years and cost your members over $50,000 in bounties for nothing you are the one who is slithering. So just answer the question! No BS
Sigh..... Dwight, Dwight, Dwight. Does this mean you're going to start stalking me again? More letters to my private email account? Letters that, as usual, I will continue to ignore.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Bingo !!!

Or another former member of high regard for that matter.
What former members had high regard? Generally speaking, anyone banned was not held in high regard at all? It seems to take more and more lately to be banned from here. With actual highly regarded members leaving in droves it seems that pond scum is welcome lately to keep the traffic up. I do agree with you that this is a returnee, but I doubt he was held in high regard. Heck there are a couple other returnees in this thread as well and they seem quite accepted. We live in bizzaro world now. I suspect albertadave is on the right track.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:50 PM

Maybe Liberman could weigh in and give his expert opinion on the Suffield
hunt - I mean shoot, cull/kill ,whatever.
Cat
Old 12-22-2014, 06:03 PM

Talking

This is truly a pure entertaining thread from the upstanding members of AO I just want to say thanks for the laughs it’s been a long day.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Maybe Liberman could weigh in and give his expert opinion on the Suffield
hunt - I mean shoot, cull/kill ,whatever.
Cat
Be glad to Cat. Killing the elk at Suffield is required. My concern is the reference to it as hunting rather than a cull. It's reminiscent of the bison and elk culls in the US and elk at Ya Ha Tinda which certainly didn't improve the hunters image. As far as shooting cows heavy in calf I find it distasteful and wouldn't do it unless I really needed the meat. I have reservations about it's quality as well.
I do think the government is taking advantage of hunters by calling it a hunt and having it portrayed that way. Ultimately it will be the media which dictates the future of the cull.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Be glad to Cat. Killing the elk at Suffield is required. My concern is the reference to it as hunting rather than a cull. It's reminiscent of the bison and elk culls in the US and elk at Ya Ha Tinda which certainly didn't improve the hunters image. As far as shooting cows heavy in calf I find it distasteful and wouldn't do it unless I really needed the meat. I have reservations about it's quality as well.
I do think the government is taking advantage of hunters by calling it a hunt and having it portrayed that way. Ultimately it will be the media which dictates the future of the cull.
I think AB hunters are also taking advatage of the elk hunting opportunity. The only way to know if it falls into your personal definition of hunting would be for you to experience it, otherwise your just assuming, alot imo. I think esrd is doing a good job of providing the media with the reasons for the quota hunt by everything I have read. Imagine what the media/public would think if it was a cull instead of a harvest. Ultimately it will be the success of the harvest which dictates the future of the hunt imo. If shooting a pregnant cow is repugnant to you then dont. I am sure there will be plenty of calf/ heifers to harvest.
Closed Thread