Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-15-2014, 09:41 AM

Lol jk
Old 11-16-2014, 12:13 PM

^^^ Too bad, I see more deer in the city than I've seen out hunting all year...
Old 11-16-2014, 09:14 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm throwing a request out there for a hunting partner, to hopefully get a few more hunts in before the season is over. I'm still trying to fill my buck tag, and even a few more grouse for the freezer if I see some. I'm not completely inexperienced, but I would love to learn more.

I'm in Calgary, and willing to travel up to 2 hours to hunt. I'm 28 years old, been hunting grouse since I was legally able to, and hunted deer for the past couple years with rifle.

If anyone would like to pair up, it would be much appreciated. I don't mind hunting alone, but it's always nice to see how other people do things. If I missed any information or would like to know more, just PM me.

Thank you.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:35 PM

Default 24th to 28th

hey all my gp hunt got cancelled for the last week because my buddy up there bought a house and is moving that week.
if anyone wants to get together next week let me know, or if u need help, got the week off so I will be going somewhere!! lol
live in Calgary but will travel from top to bottom.
Darrell
Old 11-23-2014, 12:39 PM

hello everyone

I am a newbie to hunting but not to firearms since I am ex-military. I live in the Calgary area, and wanting to go out next weekend with a hunter with any level of experience, and help out with everything, and also see how much I can learn.
I have been out hunting before, but very short trips.
I would help with any and all aspects of hunting, all i want is to to go out and get involved with the hunters community, help out and see what I can learn.

i am a responsible 40 year old male, safety is paramount to me and always comes first, I don't care if i shoot or not. I have my AHEIA certificates and PAL.

willing to travel upto 3-4 hrs radius.

cheers

A
Old 11-23-2014, 07:05 PM

Just moved to Edmonton area from Nova Scotia. I am a responsible 46 year old that has been hunting for 30 years. I was wondering if anyone would like to take me along and show me some hunting in Alberta. I hunt deer, uplands, goose and duck. I would like to elk hunt. Please let me know who would have interest in showing a maritimer some hunting in Alberta.

Thanks
Mike
Old 11-24-2014, 02:04 PM

anybody in the lethbridge area willing to pass on their valuable knowledge to a newbie.
i did have whitetail tag,but due to being let down a few times by a work colleague.ive been unable to get out,so now the tag is done.
looking to get into the hunting community and learn lots,and of course meeting new like minded hunters.
would like someone in my area that i could meet,who doesnt mind a newbie tagging along.
thanks in advance guys/girls
Old 11-24-2014, 04:04 PM

Default White tail hunt

Looking for someone to go out with in the Calgary area this weekend that has access to land or knows of crown land near by. Usually hunt up north but with limited time would like to stick close to home to fill my buck tag.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:59 PM

Default Coyote hunt tomorrow???

I have tomorrow off and would love to get out and take a crack at some coyotes. Im in Lake Louise so would be willing to travel out to Rocky area and Calgary and surrounding area. PM if anyone is interested in a hunt tomorrow.

I'm 30 years old and have little experience but I'm no dummy. The GF doesnt want me hunting predators alone either so that would make her happy too!!

Thanks guys!
Old 12-07-2014, 09:39 AM

Dec 7th. looking for someone to go from Calg. to Conrad Montana and hunt pheasants. leave AM Dec 9 and return evening Dec 11. Plan to hunt Block Management and other public areas. I have Britt's.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:50 AM

If anyone wants to go predator hunting west of calgary in the forest reserve shoot me a pm. I have a fox pro, some hand calls and decoy. Also if anyone is looking for someone to go quadding as I don't usually have anyone to go with and hate going alone due to safety. thanks
Old 12-15-2014, 10:16 PM

Will be making many attempts for wolves in the central west area of the province and my regular hunting partners are all busy with other commitments.

If anyone is looking to do the same, PM me starting this weekend and into the next few weeks. 3rd predator season for me, no wolves so far. Will be using my foxpro and may do some day hikes if necessary. Good luck everyone!
Old 12-16-2014, 11:24 AM

Default Looking for new permission and hunting friends/partners

Hi All. I am 46 years old, FAC certified, ethical, non-drug user, with my own truck looking for new areas to bow and rifle hunt in the 2015 season. I had some areas in the bow zone near Calgary but lost my hunting partner and thus my areas. My 20 yr old Son has decided to take up this great sport with me next year as well.

I have permission in 360 and 351 up around Valleyview for hunting and would be willing to take someone up there in November if they wanted.

I live in Calgary and would love some permission in the bow zone or 312 but I am also willing to travel if needed.

PM if anyone can help.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:50 PM

Default Totally Green New.. want someone to help me

Hi all,
Thanks in advance.
I am completely new, never hunt before.
Have my Hunter Education Course Completed. If anyone has a great heart to teach me some tips and tricks and advice, it will be very helpful for me.
I live Fort McMurray.
Thanks again.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:12 AM

Hey,I'm looking for someone to teach me how to hunt ,I'm 29 and I'm Irish,I've always been interested in hunting but in Ireland it is very restricted,I have no guns or bows yet,hoping to get the latter in the new year,I would like to tag along and learn everything and anything,if anyone would like to take on an apprentice please pm me,

Thank you
Old 12-21-2014, 08:18 PM

I'm in Drayton Valley. Just moved here. Have my hunter's course from Newfoundland, which the regs say is good to go. Getting my WIN number tomorrow.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:18 PM

looking for someone in lethbridge area who can teach me how to hunt yote's
pm me
Old 12-23-2014, 02:06 AM

I'm from Edmonton, very passionate about the outdoors, good at planning clueless about hunting.

Just to be clear --I have a PAL, own a .22 handgun (Browning 1911) and currently doing Online Hunter Education Certification....with no experience and no other hunting equipment. I'm looking a hunting mentor/buddy who is willing to teach a first time hunter and make a friend for future hunts!

Please send me PM
Old 12-24-2014, 07:15 PM

Default looking for a place

I'm looking for three things. A place or private property, locations rich with ELK and some good company. I would take either of those.

Recently from BC. Moving to Edmonton, Alberta, for some work soon. Finished a Foundation program for Welding and Heavy Duty Mechanics, so im looking for work in that field.

I'm an aboriginal person hunting for food. Would love to have some ELK at my table, and of course we would split the prize.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercrown View Post
I'm looking for three things. A place or private property, locations rich with ELK and some good company. I would take either of those.

Recently from BC. Moving to Edmonton, Alberta, for some work soon. Finished a Foundation program for Welding and Heavy Duty Mechanics, so im looking for work in that field.

I'm an aboriginal person hunting for food. Would love to have some ELK at my table, and of course we would split the prize.
For elk, ya need to put in the scouting work man, not too many guys are gonna just hand ya the keys to the great green pastures...
Old 12-29-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:

I've been told one will have more luck asking for naked pics with ones old lady than asking for sweet spots
Old 12-30-2014, 02:45 PM

Default Spring BC turkey

Sorry double post
Old 12-30-2014, 02:46 PM

Default Spring BC turkey

Hey all, just wondering if anyone on this site would be willing to take a turkey rookie out this spring? I don't expect anyone to give up their sweet turkey spots. Just looking for someone to help me learn. Send me a pm if your interested and we can work out the details.
Thnx
Chad
Old 01-02-2015, 06:01 AM

Default Sounds like fun

Quote:

I often hunt with my dad NW of Edmonton. He lives there, knows where the critters are, used to guide. Elk season is over, but we still hunt rabbits. If we flushed an Elk out in front of a Status Indian, that could work.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:51 AM

Default Hunting Partners

Great idea, but how can we keep track and consolidate information without having to troll through all the individual postings ?

Having said that:

- I live SW of Stony Plain, Alberta
- Normally like to hunt GP area for Elk in Sept, then move to Moose and Deer later. Focus is to get an Elk or Moose and split the meat....
- areas for Moose where folks in my group get drawn for Moose, or where one of my 3 boys get drawn and when / if they can get out (work / school) as well as buddies.
- Typically hunt 437 for Moose where I have a cabin near Robb; and 338 for general WTD. 437 is usually P4 or P5
- Would love to get a 'nice WTD' if anybody has access to some big buck farm lands ! Or any farmland in general...
- What I can offer up in return is all the gear... have been hunting since I was 14 (am 50 now) and have the Quads, wall tent, travel trailer, quad trailer, rustic cabin, experience in elk and moose bugling, etc... like to walk and get out there as much as possible too.
- hunt alone when required, and prefer to 'split up' in the bush ... but prefer company around the campfire to BS and have a few Rye and Cokes and help each other out when a big kill happens, as well as share the meat.
- went Sheep hunting in 437 alone as couldn't round up anybody that was off or willing... got a Ewe, took me 2 days to back pack her out off the mountain (2 trips). Excellent experience... but if I had tripped or fell and broke a leg, would have been screwed.
- I work rotational in the oil patch. 28 days on... 28 days off... so every 2nd month I am off and love to go mid-week for hunts, no crowds.
- partner must not be afraid of bush, like bad jokes, and Crown Royal.

have 3 boys that hunt and pretty good network of solid guys / friends that enjoy hunting, but like posters have said... hard to line folks up at times.

PM me for contact details.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:30 PM

Well Im interested in any hunting I can get in on, i have two seasons of upland bird in BC and would like to get into some predator hunting or Deer or anything really. Im 30 have some gear and all my licenses. Live in the NW, Im a decent shot and I can go any weekend or with some notice during the week.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:20 PM

I'm looking for a hunting partner in fort mcmurray, if anyone needs one let me know!
Old 01-27-2015, 02:02 PM

Hey all,

Looking for someone to go hunting coyotes with on the weekend. I'm located up in Wabasca, but I spend quite a bit of time in Slave Lake so I'd be up for travelling down that way. I'm only 22, but have had 4 winters of practice back home on P.E.I. Don't have much in the way of gear yet, waiting on my Foxpro to come in, and a set of shooting sticks. But I've got a .223, ammo, a truck and lots of energy and spare time at the moment.

If anyone's willing to show someone new to the area around, and get a couple cracks at Mr.Wiley throw me a PM.

Calvin,
Old 01-30-2015, 12:05 AM

bump
Old 02-01-2015, 06:06 PM
Banned

Talking Hunting partners

Hey fellas, I'm in the red deer area and would like to meet a new group of people for hunting and camping adventures. I like to camp a lot in the summer, usually bush camping. I'm also a very avid firearms enthusiast with my own long range shooting Compound. I'd like to find a couple guys to hunt and shoot with. I hear snow goose season opens in march this year with a 50 a day limit, sounds like fun to me! I like beer and whiskey after a long days hunt or shoot , I'm also a very safety conscious shooter and always follow the laws and regulations. If you want to get together give me a shout!