Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-16-2008, 02:52 PM

Default non res needs help with draws

Hey all, I almost 100% sure that I won't have any takers but I thought why not, I am a non resident hunter who will be trying Alberta for his second time this fall and have 0 priority on all of my draws, I don't want to mess up my hosts chances of getting drawn so does anyone else have 0 priority that wouldn't mind me using their WIN for my draws. Unless you have no reason to expect to or dont' want to get drawn you will not want to take me up on this, in fact, I understand that there is a risk that if I choose the wrong WMU it may screw up your chances so you probably don't want to risk it, convinced anyone yet?

thanks for reading anyways.

Dave
Old 06-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Hoochie Papa

What and where are you looking to draw? I may be able to help you.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:25 PM

Old 06-17-2008, 07:20 AM

Since I am not going to get drawn for anything it doesn't really matter when and were, I was planning on entering all of the draws I can which is six for a non resident. IT is the moose that may screw up my uncle, I got a tip that I can also use someone who only fishes and has a WIN and a have a few cousins that I am trying to get a hold of that don't hutn to see if they have fishing licences.

Dave
Old 06-17-2008, 09:17 AM

dont think i understand what your saying...how can you apply under someone elses win card??dont think you can...you will have to get an outfitter/guide or have a family member hunter host you...as for applying for the draws...i think you should get the draw book on line and see how you would go about applying...im sure you cant apply on someone elses card..
Old 06-17-2008, 01:10 PM

A non-res Canadian needs a resident (thus residents WIN#) to apply with on a 1:1 ratio. Another resident can ultimately host that non-resident when he gets drawn. He doesn't need a family member to be his host if he's Canadian either. I don't have any places with my draws that I can help you out Davem. However, if someone wants to apply for antlered moose, mulie, elk, trophy antelope and is not expecting to be drawn this year then they could likely save money by applying with Davem. I think (and assume) Davem's saying that he'll flip the bill for your application if he can apply with you. It could save you $3.65/draw if you were going to apply alone. Correct me if I'm wrong Davem.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:13 PM

Something funny going on here. If you put him on your application, you have to hunt with him (page 53 of draw booklet). So are you asking for a bunch of 999 applications DaveM?

It seems you need a WIN number to be put on someone else's application. Is it not possible to get your own WIN and then apply for the 999 designations on your own.? Then when you have enough priority to hunt you could be put on your friend's application.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:02 PM

He can put in with anyone and does not have to hunt with them.

He does have to hunt with his hunter host who he can identify when he purchases his tag and the host purchases his hunter host licence. Have done this on many occasions.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathewsArcher View Post
He can put in with anyone and does not have to hunt with them.

He does have to hunt with his hunter host who he can identify when he purchases his tag and the host purchases his hunter host licence. Have done this on many occasions.
+1....some of you guys that are jumping on this guy obviously dont have enough knowledge about the draw system for non-resident Canadians. He's looking for someone to build his priority with, and he already has a Hunter Host for when he comes....
Old 06-17-2008, 07:08 PM

What rackmaster said,
Davem is just trying to build up his priority for future years, He's alredy admitted his has zero priority and will not get drawn.
Likely he's looking for a resident zero to go in and 999 him.

TBark

Last edited by TBark; 06-17-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:55 AM

Was outa town for a few days, exactly as was said, building my priority withot messing up my uncles.

thanks