Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-02-2024, 05:30 PM

Default 300 imperial magnum

Purchased a 300 imperial magnum at the Calgary gun show, really nice Sako rifle and McMillan stock, wondering if anyone had any information on loading for this cartridge…..I remember years ago there would be a few of imperial rifles for sale at the show and also information pamphlets from NASS with some load data and cartridge specs in them, any info would be helpful thx
Old 04-02-2024, 05:48 PM

I used to have the load data, as I had a 7mm Imperial magnum, but I have no idea where it went. The 300 Imperial is very similar to the 300RUM, so minimum loads for the 300RUM, may be a place to start. I did find the Imperial Magnum brass fairly soft, so I had to stay fairly conservative on loads.
Old 04-02-2024, 06:38 PM

In Cartridges of the world 9th edition, it has load data for the 300 Canadian magnum( imperial mag) It was developed about 1989 by Aubrey White(Nass Shooting Systems) The data contains max load data for 165 to 200 grain bullets.I ran a .338 imperial mag for a few years, and as Elk Hunter said, the brass was very soft.I talked directly to Aubrey and at that time, he had tons of brass for everything.Send me a pm if you want data
NW