Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-13-2007, 09:12 AM
nafegavas

Default New boat dealership.

Back in Jan/Feb a guy was posting on here about aluminum boats and was planning on opening a dealership in Calgary. Is it open yet?
Old 05-13-2007, 01:41 PM
dealer

Default dealer

I believe the boat dealership u are talking about is located on barlow tr near 7av ne. I stopped into there about a month ago. The staff was in the process of remoldling the showroom floor and was still under construction. They had approx 10 boats in at that time.

I was specifically asking about an aluminum series that they may be carrying, but was told that for their first operating season they would only have ski boats. The guy said he wanted a fishing series available for next year.

It was explained that the store also has a business operating in BC, I just cant remember the name of it. Overall the staff was very pleasant to deal with.

Whatever you do, avoid B&L Marine like the plague. Bob and his wife have the worst customer service in the business I have ever experienced, and are just complete ignorant. Too many horror stories I've heard about that shop (and their high prices), but the best is the rumour that he removes standard items like the spare tire and mounts (which are shipped free from crestliner) and then has the customer pay for those additionally upon taking delivery of their boat. Unbelieveable!
Old 05-13-2007, 09:46 PM
dodger

Default Re: dealer

Camshaft has it correct on B&L. I was also looking at a new boat and waited for the dealer to post a brand of boat. I waited to April 1st. for the opening of the store. He never posted again about any info. His user name was PADDYO or something close to this.