Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-16-2007, 10:06 AM
Mike W

Default Brownlows?

Brownlows? if that what its called on gull lake. I was hoping some one might be able to give me directions on how to get there from edmonton.

Thanks
Mike
Old 02-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Adam

Take Highway 2 south. Turn right on Hwy 12. There's big blue signs that say Gull Lake/Aspen Beach.

Follow Highway 12 past the provincial park at the lake. The road will have an S-curve shortly after the provincial park. You will see a house on the right hand side up on a hill (just past a row or trees). There will also be a sign right there that says Brownlows. Turn right here.

Follow the road straight. As you come to a T intersection you will see the lake access straight ahead. Was there yesterday and had good access with my car onto the lake. The recent snow could be iffy...

Even I was supprised how easy it is to find, and I'm terrible at directions.

I fished by the bunch of permanent shacks on the left side of the main track. The water's about 6' deep. Had good results for whites on red wire worm tipped with red maggots. They were high, only about 2-3 feet below the ice, not on the bottom.

See ya
Adam
Old 02-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Mike W

Thanks Adam!!!
Old 02-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Adam

Hey Mike,

Did you find Brownlows? How did you make out?

Adam
Old 02-20-2007, 04:54 PM
Mike W

No Adam didnt have time to make it out there elected for Mulhurst on Monday and didnt have much luck there lost a few at the hole and seen quite a few just they werent aggresive at all.