Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 05-22-2011, 01:31 PM

Default Pse evo

Anyone Shooting the new PSE Evo? Pros and cons? And how does it compare to the AXE 7? And the differences between the 2?? Please and thank you....
Old 05-23-2011, 12:21 PM

Anybody???
Old 05-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Banned

sorry...i dont know much about pse products. they have far and away the WORST customer service at the corporate level i have ever seen so i dont pay any attention to thier stuff. pse will never see another dollar of mine.....but i will gladly give them all the free advertising i can.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:51 PM

Bad expirence??
Old 05-23-2011, 02:59 PM

Must have been!! I have had 2 other PSE bows and had no troubles at all!!
Old 05-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.twister View Post
Bad expirence??
a bow blew up in my face at full draw. let me tell you what.....that is gonna make you shake no matter how tough you think you are. something hit my forehead and something else hit my cheek. i was checking for blood, but the only cut was on my left hand. thankfully, no serious injuries.

now im not saying thier equipment is junk. the limb split at the axle and everything went flying....that can happen to any bow im sure. so far, im not at anyone. i called up pse and explained what happened. first the guy tells me i must have dry fired it. wait a minute jack....i didnt release it period....it blew at full draw. whichever, i tell the guy i dont want the bow fixed as it was getting old, but considering they offer a supposed warranty for such things, i asked if i could get a deal on a new one. i wasnt asking for the world, and was willing to buy a new pse bow. the guy started laughing when i said this. i asked to talk to someone else. the guy said that i would get the same response from anyone in the company and that i should not complain about wrecking my gear and pony up for something newer anyway. i asked for his name, but he just hung up on me. i called back the next day and was hoping to get some help from someone different. this time a woman answered and when i told her about the previous days treatment , i was told that they had discussed my call and they felt that i should feel ashamed for asking for any kind of warranty on a 9 year old bow. i told her, no sweat, i will be buying a bow from someone else and would be happy to tell everyone about thier customer service.

so here i am telling you all.....pse has a lousy customer service department.

now, when i got my mathews reezen, the string suppressors that came on the bow were too soft and occasionally the string would slip past the rubber finger. when i called mathews about it, they couldnt be more apologetic and express shipped a set of replacements immediately. on the same call, i further went on to order a new string as a guy installed some leeches for me a broke 2 strands. i was willing to pay for it, but they sent me a string free of charge as they felt a guy shouldnt be paying for anything on a 2 month old bow. i explained that it wasnt thier fault, but they felt that it was good PR to do it. that kind of service will ensure that i give them free advertising too.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:30 PM

Well, I have never been a fan of pse, but now after reading that, I have to say that I will definately never buy a bow from them! The only one of their bows I was ever remotely interested in was the vengeance! And the first time I picked it up at the shop was the last! It was heavy, and felt really uncomfortable! But to each their own

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
a bow blew up in my face at full draw. let me tell you what.....that is gonna make you shake no matter how tough you think you are. something hit my forehead and something else hit my cheek. i was checking for blood, but the only cut was on my left hand. thankfully, no serious injuries.

now im not saying thier equipment is junk. the limb split at the axle and everything went flying....that can happen to any bow im sure. so far, im not at anyone. i called up pse and explained what happened. first the guy tells me i must have dry fired it. wait a minute jack....i didnt release it period....it blew at full draw. whichever, i tell the guy i dont want the bow fixed as it was getting old, but considering they offer a supposed warranty for such things, i asked if i could get a deal on a new one. i wasnt asking for the world, and was willing to buy a new pse bow. the guy started laughing when i said this. i asked to talk to someone else. the guy said that i would get the same response from anyone in the company and that i should not complain about wrecking my gear and pony up for something newer anyway. i asked for his name, but he just hung up on me. i called back the next day and was hoping to get some help from someone different. this time a woman answered and when i told her about the previous days treatment , i was told that they had discussed my call and they felt that i should feel ashamed for asking for any kind of warranty on a 9 year old bow. i told her, no sweat, i will be buying a bow from someone else and would be happy to tell everyone about thier customer service.

so here i am telling you all.....pse has a lousy customer service department.

now, when i got my mathews reezen, the string suppressors that came on the bow were too soft and occasionally the string would slip past the rubber finger. when i called mathews about it, they couldnt be more apologetic and express shipped a set of replacements immediately. on the same call, i further went on to order a new string as a guy installed some leeches for me a broke 2 strands. i was willing to pay for it, but they sent me a string free of charge as they felt a guy shouldnt be paying for anything on a 2 month old bow. i explained that it wasnt thier fault, but they felt that it was good PR to do it. that kind of service will ensure that i give them free advertising too.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:46 PM

Wow that was a bad experiance... Good thing im a mathews bow owner.
I hope i will never have to deal with what you went through with ANY customer service
at any time. I wish you good luck on your next bow purchases!!
Old 05-23-2011, 10:04 PM

Thumbs up axe7 vs evo

the only difference is the shape of the riser and the brace height,
the evo has a slightly different riser but they both use the axe hybrid cam and axle to axle is 32.5. the evo is identical to the axe 6 in every way except the shape of the riser which increases its weight to 4.4lb over the axe 6 and 7 which is 4.25lb speeds are 345-337IBO for both the axe 6 and the evo with the 7 being at 335-327 ibo
Either way nice bows, very easy to shoot, very forgiving, and resonably priced
Old 05-24-2011, 07:12 AM

Thanks for the post. I will get in this week and start shooting them to see what i like and what feels the best in my hand! THEN will make my decision after that!!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:15 PM

Default evo vs axe

one other difference is $100.00 more for the Evo ($849), Axe 6 $749 but shooting them both is the smartest thing,good luck,let us know what you end up with. the vendetta is a very nice bow as well if your stickin with PSE
Old 05-26-2011, 10:46 PM

Thanks everyone for all your help with bows! I spent a couple hours today at the archery center shooting a handful of bows. And after all that settled on the Axe 7. I love the balance of it in my hand. And the strong back wall.. of course i like the draw of it too! I think it and I will get along just fine!! Thanks again!
Old 05-30-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.twister View Post
Wow that was a bad experiance... Good thing im a mathews bow owner.
I hope i will never have to deal with what you went through with ANY customer service
at any time. I wish you good luck on your next bow purchases!!

I think the EVO is super smooth...I am currently shooting an axe 6...and would love to have the new evo. That said...my AXE is a tack driver and can spit an arrow out at crazy speed.

Funny how everyone has an opinion on bows and service. My first bow 25 years ago was a PSE...I have shot evey brand at some point along the line. Each bow has there good and bad. For a few years PSE bows were junk as far as I was concerned. I started shooting mathews..and stuck with them for 5 years until one blew up in my face. Well that was 2 weeks before hunting season 3 years ago. Did they warranty the limbs....yes, but i had to wait 8 weeks to get them . Well there goes most of bow season. Not great service as far as im concerned. I bought an xforce and then swithed to an AXE 6. I had an issuse with a cam. Spoke to the dealer and had a cam the next day.

The distributor for PSE in Canada is right here in Calgary. I know they have stuck by there warranty on bows well over five years old. I think a lot of comes down to your dealer and how well he goes to bat for the customer...just my .02.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:49 AM
Banned

i didnt talk to a dealer either time i had an issue. i went right to pse and to mathews.....that kinda eliminates the middle man skewing an opinion.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:50 PM

i shoot a pse axe 7 and i love it! im not a fan of Hoyt, don't mind Mathews. but ill never switch! i love speed in a bow and pse makes the fastest that's why i stick with them.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:08 AM

Funny cause,Everytime i have dealt with them there Customer Service is Top Notch.At least you didnt get hurt,Enjoy your Mathews.