Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2018, 04:10 PM

Default Evil's 18/19 Hardwater Thread

The 2018/19 Hardwater season is here!

Filled my Mulie Tag last week so I spent the day checking ice conditions. Here are a few pics for those addicted to Hardwater. If your like me you've been twitching like a meth head on the Tuesday before welfare Wednesday to get on the ice. I will update as the season progresses.

Little Bow Park

5.5 inches once you get past the thaw/freeze zone. Very thin spots along the shore line and pilings with one hole Showing only 1 inch ice. Be careful!

Fishing was slow with very few whites caught, I lost one and missed 3. A few walleye were caught by the Asian fellow next to me but overall a really slow morning. Had the Camera down and water is a bit cloudy but viewable. Not many fish were detected overall.

Travers spill way

2.5 inch clear 1 inch white. Lots of thinner spots. Decided unsafe and moved on.

McGregor Boat Launch

3.5 inches clear. A bit too thin for my 300# butt, Unsafe. Checked the canal and south point. Ice is sketchy to say the least and there is open water still in the middle. Going to need a cold snap before I consider it safe.

Not great news but we are close, short term forecast is warm for a few days then a cooling trend.

It was a great day overall, met two nice fellow fishermen at McG, saw some great scenery and I got to get the lines in the water for a bit.....stay tuned.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg little bow 5.5.jpg (35.0 KB, 2062 views)
File Type: jpg travers spillway.jpg (24.1 KB, 2025 views)
File Type: jpg McG boat.jpg (72.9 KB, 2034 views)
File Type: jpg milo.jpg (35.2 KB, 2028 views)