Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-02-2014, 07:04 PM
Banned

Default EPS...where do we find some of these guys?

Pretty disturbing.

I'd like to think that his moral compass is unique but.... having had my fair share of exposure to regimental thinking and work cultures similar to that of the police... I sort of doubt it.

"In my true opinion, I feel that if I were to assault someone, or to Tase someone excessively or to drive while intoxicated, I feel I'd still have a position with the Edmonton Police Service," he said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...icer-1.2596171
Old 04-02-2014, 07:54 PM

He probably would still have his job.

Read the story carefully:

Sold the bike to a woman.
Two months later she gets stopped and has no insurance.

She calls HIM. He brings an insurance card to get her out of trouble......

Connect the dots guys.

Deceit is fatal when u deal with I.A.
Lying in court is one thing, but you dont ever mislead IA or another cop. That is career bye bye.

What this guy did was absolutely stupid.
But what he said is true.

We've had numerous examples of members banging other guys wives, other cops wives, domestic violence, drinking problems,stealing, cheating the ot budget, etc etc etc and none lost their job. Actually, many of them got promoted....Why? Because they didnt lie to IA.

Imagine what it was like prior to internet and 1000 types of media?

Last edited by huntinstuff; 04-02-2014 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
He probably would still have his job.

Read the story carefully:

Sold the bike to a woman.
Two months later she gets stopped and has no insurance.

She calls HIM. He brings an insurance card to get her out of trouble......

Connect the dots guys.

Deceit is fatal when u deal with I.A.
Lying in court is one thing, but you dont ever mislead IA or another cop. That is career bye bye.

What this guy did was absolutely stupid.
But what he said is true.

We've had numerous examples of members banging other guys wives, other cops wives, domestic violence, drinking problems,stealing, cheating the ot budget, etc etc etc and none lost their job. Actually, many of them got promoted....Why? Because they didnt lie to IA.
Thats not a good way to bolster public confidence but I do appreciate your candor....thanks.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
Thats not a good way to bolster public confidence but I do appreciate your candor....thanks.
Lol

My truth hammer doesnt swing lightly

Of course, not all are like that. Most are great people.

But EPS definitely has/had its share.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:10 PM

I think it is inevitable that these characters exist in every large organization but what I get extremely frustrated with is that the organization tolerates them. The RCMP and other police services desperately need to clean up their act, restore confidence and be accountable. I really believe that the majority of their officers also want this but there seems to be a complete absence of what i would call respectful discipline. The army wouldn't put up with this nonsense. They understand that bad press sucks for everyone, it undermines the mission. Stomp on the idiots who cause you grief, isolate them or get rid of them. The police just don't get it in the same way.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:11 PM

Years ago I lived in the Duggan neighbourhood south edmonton. My neighbour was a EPS member, good guy until booze
I think he did just about all the above that huntinstiff mentioned. Took a few appearances before disciplinary committee to straighten out, think he eventually went to Calgary police but lost touch with him.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
Understand that the majority of folks on the job are not these people. Just the ones that make the news. This guy was obviously an idiot, both in action and statement.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:55 PM
Banned

Only the police and military should have guns because they are the only ones responsible enough...

Especially assault guns with the shoulder thing that goes up.

Guy looks like an upstanding monkey.

I'm a creationist but he's a dead ringer for a half evolved monkey.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem338win View Post
Understand that the majority of folks on the job are not these people. Just the ones that make the news. This guy was obviously an idiot, both in action and statement.
Oh I do understand that.

Hey..I even sort of lived it in the military.

The thing is that the system fosters that sort of thought and that flies in the face of public expectation.

Now... realistic or not... fair or not.... in the end that sort of thing impacts upon the whole...including the good guys.

Further...people generalize and the sins of one department soil th eothers as well...especially when we see diffferent police forces exhibiting the same sort of attitudes and tendencies.

The general perception of police in Canada has evolved considerably since I was a boy.
And my thought uis that they have found themselves going in exactly the wrong direction. Rather than winning the hearts and minds of Canadians... they have been repelling them and creating a perception of distrust.

That needs to be fixed or we will see our police services neutered by their isolation from those that they are supposed to serve.