Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-02-2012, 06:19 PM

Default Int Fly Fishing Film Festival (IF4) in Red Deer Feb 12

The International Fly Fishing Film Festival (IF4) is coming to Red Deer, AB February 12, 2012, hosted by Out Fly Fishing outfitters. The IF4 screening will be at the Carnival Cinema in Red Deer, AB. Doors open at 3:00, show starts at 3:30pm. Tickets are $15 in advance and $18 at the door.

Tickets are available online at: https://secure.dns77.com/www_flymaxf...m/if4store.asp

Everyone who replies to this thread will be entered to win 1 of 2 free tickets to the Edmonton show

Here is a brief description of what IF4 is all about:
"The International Fly Fishing Film Festival, IF4 for short, consists of a collection of short and feature length films produced by professional and amateur filmmakers from all corners of the globe, showcasing the passion, lifestyle and culture of fly fishing. IF4 is making over 40 stops in Canada and the USA in 2012 – come out and see what all of the buzz is about."

Trailers and film previews can be seen at: http://flyfilmfest.com/IF4/
&
They have a Facebook page as well: https://www.facebook.com/IF4TOUR

Don't forget each person who replies to the thread will automatically be entered to win 1 of 2 free tickets to the Red Deer screening so be sure to hit reply for your chance to see it for FREE! 2 Winners will be announced Feb 10th and will have their ticket waiting for them at the door.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012IF4ECREATIVE-RED DEER.jpg (50.8 KB, 32 views)
Old 02-02-2012, 07:12 PM

I'd love to get some free tickets for this!!
Old 02-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Banned

Cool

me to please,need an excuse to cut into ice time.not sure I want to torture myself watching people fly fish when I've been on the ice for near two months.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:07 PM

Free tickets would be great!!! Count me in!

Jim
Old 02-02-2012, 08:12 PM

Good show with some great local talent. I'll donate my ticket if i happen to be picked.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:27 PM

river runs through it gang.

FH7, you can have my ticket to the show if i happen to be drawn. you're closer to the capital city.

Dace
Old 02-02-2012, 08:33 PM

I'm in
Old 02-02-2012, 08:42 PM

loongcast,

How about tickets for the Edmonton show?
I'll get tickets anyways. My wife and I really appreciated the if3 showing at the beginning of Nov. at Grant MAcewan. Breath taking cinematography and some amazing extreme fly fishing. Thoroughly enjoyable.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:59 PM

Default Free tickets!

Pick me, my 9 year old loves fly fishing, well he just started last summer

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/attac...8&d=1307824091
Old 02-04-2012, 11:27 AM

Hey Pipco,
There's an event listed for the Edmonton show as well, but I think I saw you found that already. Edmonton is on Saturday and Red Deer is on Sunday
Old 02-04-2012, 11:32 AM

SalmoTrutta, that's a nice gesture. As mentioned we'll announce on the Friday so people have time to coordinate something like donating a ticket. There will be no need to pick tickets up in advance either they will be waiting for the winners at the door (with their names on them).
Old 02-04-2012, 07:06 PM

Sounds like a great informative session. Hm on the big Screen at the carnival, looking forward to catching it with my son.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:04 PM

put me in for the reddeer one!
Old 02-06-2012, 01:31 PM

We have you down for the Red Deer screening instead of Edmonton FH7
Old 02-06-2012, 01:36 PM

Hey Springer,
Just so you know what to expect the video's are more for cinematography and entertainment value than an informative session, although they do showcase many destinations that give you an idea of what those fisheries are like.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:39 PM

Here's a link to the film festival website where you can see a few of the trailers for the feature films to get an idea of what the festival is like.

www.flyfilmfest.com
Old 02-06-2012, 03:00 PM

stvnda I just saw the picture you attached of your son fishing...that's great! Where was that picture taken?
Old 02-08-2012, 12:38 AM

Just had the free swag for the IF4 screening dropped off today. Thanks to sponsors such as Airflo, Fly Fusion, Superfly, WFN, and many more there will be lots of free give a ways at the show as well!
Old 02-08-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longcast View Post
stvnda I just saw the picture you attached of your son fishing...that's great! Where was that picture taken?
That was in the fish pond at gibbons, just north of Edmonton. That was actually his first day out with his fly pole. The night before he was out with me and my fly pole. It was my first time, I was tied up with the fly stuck in a tree loosing my mind and he laughed at me! I let him try and he done quite well with it do I went and got a Walmart jobbie that night. I think this year we will upgrade him to something decent.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:00 AM

That's awesome stvnda. How old is he? Echo fly fishing has this Echo Gecko rod that is awesome as it casts a very nice line but is made to be far more durable for kids (who can be hard on stuff). You don't need to spend a whole bunch of money to get a kid into fly fishing, although if the rod is too cheap it can make it tougher to learn if its working against him (Kind of like learning to drive a car where the clutch sticks, it pops out of gear, and you have to manually flick the signal light... its doable but it will make it more difficult to learn properly is all.

Hope we see you guys at the show.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:03 AM

That being said I still don't agree that kids or anyone need to go out and drop several hundred dollars on expensive rods to first learn. Some of my favorite rods on the market are under $200 and an intro level rod should certainly be in my modest opinion. The echo gecko retails for about $100 I think. Great bang for the buck rod.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:37 PM

My son is nine years old and loves fishing. The setup I bought him was a very cheap Walmart jobby, it was great for his first summer but I think an upgrade is in order for this summer. I will have to check out the one you reccomend.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:44 AM

Our winner for Red Deer show is stvda & Springer. Please find Josh at the door and I'll have your tickets.

Hope to see everyone there.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:53 PM

Yee ha. and Thanks Longcast !!! Good thing Fishhunter7 give me the heads up that i won tickets. I am working nightshift so i better make sure i get my butt out of bed in time to check the IF4 out tomorrow then i will have to zoom back for tomorrows nightshift.
Man with all the fishing talk i am itching to wet a line.
Thanks again ,Greatly Appreciated.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:54 PM

Well to report the viewing of IF4 was awesome. Man do i wish i could travel the world like these pro's and be able to fish all over the world . It sure makes a fella get impatient for the ice to melt so we can get back out on the open water.
They did a great job filming and telling about the Opportunities that are out there on this spinning ball of earth covered with hidden secret waters.
My only disappointment was not being able to hang out for awhile afterwards and sharing some fishing stories with guys like Clouserminnow etc. i had to high tail it to work for 6:00.
Thanks again Longcast for the chance to win a ticket to the show. I would recommend it to any you die hard flyfisherpeople.

Cheers
Springer..
Old 02-12-2012, 08:02 PM

It was pretty good i really enjoyed the Alberta parts of the movie with jay and timbre. The free line and the fly fusion magazine made it well worth the time.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:47 PM

Default If4

There are some new places put on the wish list forsure the formost being Bolivia. Good to get a fix before the waters open up in 4 months.....ha ha

Let's hope we are not punished for the nice winter.

Good to see some interest in the sport locally.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:57 PM

Yeah it was an ok show, was nice to see a couple vids to get the juices flowing again for motivation to start filling the fly box's before spring hits!
I thought the show put on in the fall was by far better than this outfit put on. Tried to go buy tickets in advance at the places they said would have them. they did not have them. So oh well full price at the theatre least we had recieved a good mag to check out.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clouserminnow View Post
There are some new places put on the wish list forsure the formost being Bolivia. Good to get a fix before the waters open up in 4 months.....ha ha

Let's hope we are not punished for the nice winter.

Good to see some interest in the sport locally.
O.K Clouser tell ya what , Bolivia sounds great, I will be your cameraman because i sure am out of my league with the skilled flyfisherpeople in the theatre.
It was great to see some of the ladies there taking in the show as well..
Looking forward to winning that guided trip down the Bow that i bought tickets on and a new fly tying bench.....

Tags
fly fishing, fly fishing film festival, fly fishing films, if4