Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-22-2018, 03:13 PM

Default Yeti cuts ties with NRA

Why they would choose to alienate such a large portion of their customer base is beyond me

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018...nra-foundation
Old 04-22-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSwedeItIs View Post
Why they would choose to alienate such a large portion of their customer base is beyond me

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018...nra-foundation
To appeal to an even larger portion of their customer base?
Old 04-22-2018, 03:21 PM

when the NRA lost a grasp on reality and continued to have extreme radicals in senior level positions they lost me. There inability to consider anything but there protectionist paranoid views will make them irrelevant at some point
Old 04-22-2018, 03:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
when the NRA lost a grasp on reality and continued to have extreme radicals in senior level positions they lost me. There inability to consider anything but there protectionist paranoid views will make them irrelevant at some point
What makes them "extreme radicals"?

A believer in the second amendment is a radical?

With this type of rhetoric our children do not have a bright future.

On the plus side - NRA memberships have been selling like hotcakes. That speaks for itself.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:32 PM

Respectfully New view I have no desire to get into any debate with you as anyone who does not agree with your opinion is berated and told that we are the problem with society so I will bow out of any perceived debate with you
Old 04-22-2018, 03:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Respectfully New view I have no desire to get into any debate with you as anyone who does not agree with your opinion is berated and told that we are the problem with society so I will bow out of any perceived debate with you
Why would you make the aforementioned accusations without being willing to provide justification for doing so?
Old 04-22-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
To appeal to an even larger portion of their customer base?
Exactly
Old 04-22-2018, 03:57 PM

Question Say What ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post

With this type of rhetoric our children do not have a bright future.

On the plus side - NRA memberships have been selling like hotcakes. That speaks for itself.
We have a second amendment???

When did that happen?!
Old 04-22-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Why would you make the aforementioned accusations without being willing to provide justification for doing so?
The majority of US firearms owners agree with him...

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...ers-nra-237564

Quote:
67 percent of gun owners say NRA 'overtaken by lobbyists'
That is why Yeti is one of many companies deciding not to do business with the NRA anymore. The NRA doesn't even have the support of most firearm owners let alone the greater population... 5 million NRA members is a meager 1.5% of the population... Yeti just made a good business choice.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post

When did that happen?!
When did he say WE? The NRA is an American organization. At no time did he say Canada had a 2nd amendment.

Last edited by airbornedeerhunter; 04-22-2018 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Wendy Cukier is that you? Or is it Heidi Rathjen? Oh wait, those two have protectionist paranoid views and are widely considered to be extreme radicals.

I guess you're confused.

Gun owners are eventually doomed because of people within the community who side with anti's.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:30 PM

Who cares? Why does a cooler manufacturer need to have any ties with the National Rifle Association?
Old 04-22-2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
When he say WE? The NRA is an American organization. At no time did he say Canada had a 2nd amendment.
I think we should wait to here from Mr. New?View on this one - just to be sure!
Old 04-22-2018, 04:32 PM

sucks but I will still buy their products. If I boycotted every company that disavowed something I like, then I doubt I would make it very far...
Old 04-22-2018, 04:39 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
sucks but I will still buy their products. If I boycotted every company that disavowed something I like, then I doubt I would make it very far...
X2

If we did, we might even starve to death!

Besides, boycotting almost never works, and it usually hurts the boycotter the most.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:40 PM
Banned

Just curious why someone would drop $400 on a cooler? Puts me in mind of the Cabelas/Bass Pro groupies who spend a mint and eat tag soup every year while the guy who outfits himself at Canadian Tire or Walmart goes home with the wall hangers?

Is it a status thing? "here have a beer out of my $400 cooler" I'm sure it tastes much better than that beer you just pulled out of your old Coleman".
Old 04-22-2018, 04:43 PM

“Truth is, we did not cut ties with the NRA or the Friends of the NRA. We changed the structure of our discount program to better align it with the business. I’m not happy that the NRA would choose to mischaracterize and sensationalize this. Know that we do support the Second Amendment, gun owners and their pursuits. Please stick to these talking points publically and feel free to point out your own experience with our brand and people. See below:

As you know, YETI was built on a passion for the outdoors and, as we always have, YETI continues to actively support hunters, anglers, and the broader outdoor community. We believe in the Second Amendment and the Constitution of the United States.

Recently, we made a number of business, pricing and dealer decisions to simplify and clarify our product distribution. Based upon these, we ended a wide range of legacy vendor programs, which affected a number of different organizations. The conclusion of these programs in no way impacts our ongoing support of our consumers’ passions, as YETI continues to work with many organizations that promote the conservation and management of wildlife and habitat restoration.”
Old 04-22-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
Just curious why someone would drop $400 on a cooler? Puts me in mind of the Cabelas/Bass Pro groupies who spend a mint and eat tag soup every year while the guy who outfits himself at Canadian Tire or Walmart goes home with the wall hangers?

Is it a status thing? "here have a beer out of my $400 cooler" I'm sure it tastes much better than that beer you just pulled out of your old Coleman".
Keeps things cold for a surprisingly long time. My buddy has a Yeti 110, and he says you can fill it with ice on Monday, leave it sitting in the sun, and by Friday the ice will have barely melted. Not even much of an exaggeration. an be really handy for camping out in the bush over a long weekend or more than a few days.

Mostly they're just fashion statements though. Yetis are just the "cool" (pardon the pun) thing to own lately. It's like the guys who don't need anything more than a gas half ton truck, but spend the extra $20,000 on the HD diesel, just 'cause they're the cool thing to own.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Wolf View Post

When did that happen?!
??

Are we talking about the NRA or about Canadian laws?
Old 04-22-2018, 05:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
Who cares? Why does a cooler manufacturer need to have any ties with the National Rifle Association?
I agree to this.

The NRA should be dedicated to protecting the second amendment, and that is all.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:39 PM

Well I don't live down south........but I support the NRA.

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 04-22-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda450 View Post
Well I don't live down south........but I support the NRA.
Yep. Could be the last holdout for any firearm freedom in North america.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:26 PM

A person can support the privileges and rights of gun ownership, but may not blindly support the NRA's ultra right absolutist agenda.

I have trouble with the ideology that says anyone who does not blindly and loyally prescribe to all mandates of the NRA without question is an "anti".

To me, that's just completely ridiculous.

Behaviour like this just drives a wedge between us and pushes support away from the protection of our rights and privileges.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
A person can support the privileges and rights of gun ownership, but may not blindly support the NRA's ultra right absolutist agenda.

I have trouble with the ideology that says anyone who does not blindly and loyally prescribe to all mandates of the NRA without question is an "anti".

Behaviour like this just drives a wedge between us and pushes support away from the protection of our rights and privileges.

X2. You hit the nail right dead centre.

But hey. It was passed in 1791 so what's really changed in the world? I still shoot a flintlock. Don't we all?
Old 04-22-2018, 08:12 PM

Quote:

It depends how they exercise that belief,
and what the outcomes are.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:57 PM

Quote:
You will always have my respect for that comment. There’s no point arguing with a wall.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:20 PM
Banned

Some of you seem to be forgetting that perhaps the reason the NRA takes such a hard line stance is because of the completely disingenuous fabrications made by liberal media, anti gunners and lying snivelling politicians on the left. If you are a gun owner in the US and you see the above mentioned parasites preying on your right to keep and bear arms through lies, misrepresentations, false statistics and an anti gun agenda that seeks to disarm the populace while ignoring the real problems. The NRA feel they have no option but to fight fire with fire.

Legal gun owners are low hanging fruit. It is much easier to go after the squeaky clean dentist in Arkansas who owns handguns and AR 15's while making excuses for gang bangers.

Same deal here. They want the handguns and AR's now, in 20 years it will be your deer rifle.

Wake up.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:40 PM

Yeti did not drop the NRA. It's been debunked
Old 04-22-2018, 09:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post

Ok, I might agree with you here, but what do you mean by their ultra right absolutist agenda?

What is the NRA's agenda? Could it be that they don't have one? Could it be that they just don't want to give an inch, because they know that they will lose a mile?
Old 04-22-2018, 10:48 PM
Banned

NRA member here, that little puke David Hogg sold me on a membership. If people like him are against the NRA and gun owners I wanna be friends with the people he hates.