Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 09-05-2017, 09:49 PM

Default Lease land access and a grumpy farmer.

Can anyone comment on dealing with a jack ass of a farmer ??? He has leased land I would like to pass through and hunt but I'd like to avoid it after he threatened to the the fish cops after me. Quick run down on the story. I was bow hunting last year during general season and he said I couldn't. Rifle and bow can be done in general. I looked it up after he said to read the regs. This is the kind of old man I'm dealing with. He also said I shouldn't put up a game camera (not on his lease but on the public land before his lease.) he had came across it on the cut line and turned it upside down. I still have the video.

I've tried being nice and kept quiet playing the yes sir yes sir how high can I jump. But other than if animals are on the lease that can prevent hunting. But can it prevent access ? As in crossing over to the public crown land !?
Would like to hear what everyone thinks.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:53 AM
Banned

Another one of these just call the county, you will get same answers from the other million threads on the butt hurt over lease land threads
Old 09-06-2017, 06:00 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Call the fish cops and MD etc to legally figure it out.
As indicated this was and has been hashed out here many times, search it if you want a entertaining chapter in your life

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 09-06-2017, 09:19 AM

Nevermind. OP driving the black dodge dually thread machine.

Last edited by 3blade; 09-06-2017 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:52 PM

Cant stop you from traveling across a lease on foot. Leave the gates the way you found them.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by element2012 View Post
Cant stop you from traveling across a lease on foot. Leave the gates the way you found them.
Please stop spreading misinformation. It all depends on the access conditions for a specified grazing lease. They can have conditions such as maximum number of recreational users per day, must notify XX days prior to accessing, no access while livestock is on grazing lease, and if a fire ban is in effect in that MD then all access can be denied.

If you go on and break an access condition you can be charged.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiecat View Post
Can anyone comment on dealing with a jack ass of a farmer ??? He has leased land I would like to pass through and hunt but I'd like to avoid it after he threatened to the the fish cops after me. Quick run down on the story. I was bow hunting last year during general season and he said I couldn't. Rifle and bow can be done in general. I looked it up after he said to read the regs. This is the kind of old man I'm dealing with. He also said I shouldn't put up a game camera (not on his lease but on the public land before his lease.) he had came across it on the cut line and turned it upside down. I still have the video.

I've tried being nice and kept quiet playing the yes sir yes sir how high can I jump. But other than if animals are on the lease that can prevent hunting. But can it prevent access ? As in crossing over to the public crown land !?
Would like to hear what everyone thinks.
My comment would be you should do a little more research. The AEP have a great recreational lease land access webpage where you can get all the info. on any leased land in AB. It lists all the conditions of access as well as contact #s. A lot of lease holders will try to deny a person access when they really cannot legally do so. You will then know what rights both you and he has. Makes it easier to deal with a grumpy farmer.
Old 09-15-2017, 12:26 PM

Any chance you could post a link?
Old 09-15-2017, 12:46 PM

https://maps.alberta.ca/RecAccess/Vi...ewer=RecAccess