Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-25-2020, 07:38 PM

Default fishing with kids..licence question..

Ill be heading to sylvan thursday...my friends kid likes to fish ( him and his dad are coming out) ...he is 10 years old....i presume he can fish....and have 2 holes....but can he keep fish? I think the limit is 5 white fish.....so i think our limit is still 5 between us? can he take one home if he catches one? even tho his dad doest have a licence?

im the only one with an license....i dont have kids...not sure how this works....

am i correct?

the other kid is only 2....so i dont think he counts....can my buddy help his son fish? like hold the rod?

any help is appreciated...

happy
Old 03-25-2020, 08:36 PM

thanks all...i got the answer....

happy
Old 03-25-2020, 08:38 PM

Kid doesnt need a license and has his own limits the same as a licensed person and needs to follow all the rule. This topic comes up hundreds of times a year and is in the regs. Dont let anyonebtell you different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyfisher View Post
Ill be heading to sylvan thursday...my friends kid likes to fish ( him and his dad are coming out) ...he is 10 years old....i presume he can fish....and have 2 holes....but can he keep fish? I think the limit is 5 white fish.....so i think our limit is still 5 between us? can he take one home if he catches one? even tho his dad doest have a licence?

im the only one with an license....i dont have kids...not sure how this works....

am i correct?

the other kid is only 2....so i dont think he counts....can my buddy help his son fish? like hold the rod?

any help is appreciated...

happy