Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-20-2008, 04:39 PM

Default Goosegrass Lake

Anyone hear ever fish goosegrass, if so, was it any good? I have seen the access road, it looks like winch country. We are going there in june I think, we usually go to graham and seem to do well but everyone keeps telling us to go for perch at goosegrass. Any comments about this who be much appraciated?
Old 03-21-2008, 09:25 PM

Goosegrass gets very little angling pressure, haven't caught any perch myself, but they are supposed to some there, did catch 3 small pike from shore with 4 or 5 casts. I stopped at the bad mud hole and walked the rest of the way in to check it out last July.

Winch country if you want to make it all the way in unless it is very dry, or if it happens to rain while you are there.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:03 AM

If you want a little more of an outdoor experience, I've been to the twin lakes which are close Goosegrass. The only thing you will need a quad, boat to drag in and an extra large net.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:27 AM

Is this the lake by Gods
Old 03-22-2008, 06:27 PM

Default goosegrass

Hey Mark, been there a few times and done very well. We were fishing on the north shore.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:33 PM

I have fished goosegrass a number of times. Lots of perch but real hard to find one big enough to keep. I think they are little stunted in there. I've had the most luck with the perch through the ice.

Pray that it doesn't rain when you are in there if you choose to drive.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:51 AM

Smile goosegrass

Yep it is the lake by gods which I am refferring to. Yeah we would be driving. One year we were launching our boat at gods and a guy pulled up from high prairie that said he did really well for perch at goosegrass and wanted to try gods, he had a bigger boat and drove in, I think it was about 1998 or 1999 that this happened. Also have heard this from people at the peerless/graham lake campground. We seem to do well at gods or graham, although I would love to try goosegrass for perch and most of the guides say there are jumbo's in there. Never been there but if you want huge walleye go to that vendersteen, although you need to portage over beaver dam's to get in(never went there our boat is a little to big). Thanks for all the reply's.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:36 PM

Hey Mark 2424
When you where at Gods Did you fish Little Gods Via down cutline at the narrows on gods.Heard fishing is better in there !

I also came a cross a small lake about 5 km south of Gods.
Walked down a cutline while on a fishing / bear hunting trip.
Very nice Lake maybe 2 miles across, on a map it shows a creek coming into it ,it looks like narrow lake which is a few miles past the Pearless lake turnoff.

Has anyone ever fished this lake .
Old 03-25-2008, 05:48 PM

Default goosegrass

Saw a guy dunk his quad in God's trying to make it across to that cutline to fish little god's. He loaded it up on a 12 ft and the waves were too much, thankfully it was close to the other side so he was able to get it out. The actual name of little god's is 'Hebephrenic Lake', stupid name, huh? Here is the link to it. http://www.anglersatlas.com/lakes/25544/ The underwater island at God's is pretty good. Have the itch to fish goosegrass for some reason though, want perch I guess. JR, have you fished goosegrass?
Old 03-25-2008, 05:52 PM

Default goosegrass

Oh, to answer your question, no I haven't fished little god's, I did walk down the cutline though, mosquito's only allowed me to walk about 50 yards though.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:16 PM

never fished goosegrass ,checked out that site .I have heard some other stories about the 2 lakes behind that but cant remember what they were or their names !
Goosegrass is just NW of Gods am I right .
I can also see that lake SW of Gods,looks deep,I remember it drop 1 foot right on the edge and very clean.You enter it on the east end .Right at the corner or on that map end of the road on the the right side of road there is a cut line .Goes in about 1km to lake.love to fish that lake as it looks no one has !

Last edited by -JR-; 03-25-2008 at 09:03 PM.