Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-24-2008, 07:23 PM

Default south leland lake

goin to south leland in june. just wondering if anyone knows any good spots on north or south for some lakers. I have been there before but only went for pike and walleye and would like to get some lakers this time. thanks
Old 03-24-2008, 11:20 PM

I know a spot but it's tough to explain, you know the main camp obviously since you've been there. Go South hahahaha i will scan a depth chart of the lake and circle the spot send me a PM with your email address or something.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:36 AM

anywhere straight south of the south camp in about 70 ft of water. We also had good luck at the very south end of the lake on the east side of a large island. Go to www.anglersatlas.com and download/print a depth chart before you head up. We also caught alot of really nice walleyes along the east shore about 1km south of camp. I use to have 5 coordinates of where we caught some 8lb + , but my gps broke. You'll have good luck anywhere on that lake that time of year. Have a great trip. where are you departing from?

PS....if Francios asks if you want a closer look at the river say NO...he's a little wet behind the ears and im still trying to clean the stain out of my shorts.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:39 AM

Forgot to mention....make sure to bring downriggers...or at the very least the largest pink ladies you can find
Old 03-25-2008, 06:45 PM

leaving from ft.mac. the drive to ft.smith was a little much last time. Will I need downriggers at the beginning of june or will the lakers still be up high?