Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-23-2010, 06:21 AM

Default Zeiss scope ....refinishing???

Just found a new Browning low wall for my boy in 260 Rem...gun is unfired in the box its beautiful..the guy also gave me bases/rings with it.. Now for the sad part my boy is young (10) and doesn't need a variable scope there are a few 3x9 conquests (flat Mat finish) in the safe I could use...I have a old Zeiss 4x Diatal-C (nice and shiny) gloss but its all scratched up, but glass is perfect it was, is a great scope.....The guns finish is perfect, so my question is does anybody no where I could get the scope refinished. Called Zeiss and said they dont refinish, they will do anything else I want though...

Thanks Danny

Merry Merry

Last edited by Guides; 12-23-2010 at 06:31 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:44 AM
Banned

I can't recall the name of the dip kits, but the were once advertised on the top banner. They are available in Canada. Several patterns are available. I've seen an entire rifle, including scope done at WSS in Lethbridge. If I recall they are under $100.00 and you could do a rifle also with the kit.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
I can't recall the name of the dip kits, but the were once advertised on the top banner. They are available in Canada. Several patterns are available. I've seen an entire rifle, including scope done at WSS in Lethbridge. If I recall they are under $100.00 and you could do a rifle also with the kit.
Heres a place.

http://www.cobraimaging.com/

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 12-23-2010, 07:40 AM
Banned

Thnks Honda, do you remember the name of the site where a do it yourself can order?
Old 12-23-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Thnks Honda, do you remember the name of the site where a do it yourself can order?
Yup its this one. Found it in the sponsor page.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=57

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 12-23-2010, 06:57 PM

Those links are cool that kind of stuff wood be great on my Rem ti 7mm/08 with the Zeiss 3x9 scope for the bush cus its an ugley old gun anyway...but my boys new gun has the most beautiful wood and bluing... its brand new Santa wont deliver it till..well you know..my problem is I live in the bush and my smith has two tools a hammer and a big ass hammer ....need to have that old 4x Zeiss scope of mine made to look new to match the kids nib unshot Browning 260 low wall Santa found..the scope I have is very scratched its shinny black but glass is great...I dont know where to send it to make it as new to match the rifle.. spent almost $3000 on the gun so I hate to put a scuffed up old scope on it..but Zeiss doesnt make a new strait 4x or I would by one ...all they have are veri's and he is 10 and doesnt need the distraction of a veri vet...

help
Danny

Last edited by Guides; 12-23-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:21 PM

Default Use it or lose it!

The scope has lots of stories to tell. Your son can replace it (or you) when he's older. Sometimes it's not about how something looks, it's about what it is.

Put it on the rifle, otherwise I'd buy it and put it on any one of my treasured rifles.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:44 AM

Hey Danny. Refinish it yourself with Duracoat. It is an easy to apply, spray on finish. I have used it lots and it is very durable. The best thing is, you can apply whatever color or degree of shine that you want. The company has no problem shipping to Canada as well. http://www.lauerweaponry.com/