Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-09-2014, 08:18 AM

Smile Any PCR updates?

I did not see any recent posts for PCR. I have been there many times over the years. So don't need to know what to use or where to go.

Just going to go with a buddy and taking his 2 young daughters out there this weekend to get them into fish.

Any updates as to ice conditions, (I did check the "ice condition thread first". Nothing there about PCR) or has anyone had sucess out there recently?

Or, would we be better off taking the girls over to Chain?
Old 01-09-2014, 09:41 AM

Ice is solid pretty well everywhere. With the warm winds you might want to make sure you bring some ice cleats.

PCR has been fishing slow for the past few weeks, Chain may be a better bet for the kids but either one should work out for you.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:00 AM

Chain was consistent last week on New Years Eve. I have heard nothing good about PCR this year.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:59 AM

Yup...I have had good days out at Chain this winter....PCR....Been out twice and not so much....LOL
Old 01-09-2014, 06:14 PM
Banned

Everybody kept all the burbs for years so very little left and as always walleye fishing is slow in winter there.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:40 PM

Question pcr......fish????

i was there sunday -27 when i left after 8 hrs of trying.....overfished ... not so sure was there last year bunch of times had no issues at all getting fish everytime ice fishing or on the boat....b4 the flood one trip took bunch kids dwn jeepers caught at least 150 walleye 4 containers of minnows(bait) hada blast never made it back after flood i think mabye flood gates this year or something odd has happened.... had fishfinder, flasher and two cameras punched 60+ holes all diff spots diff depths and marked one fish ??? talked to 6 or 7 people no fish i figured was people on here talking it down to save the good spots but true no fish biting at all or seen on camera or marked on fish finders kinda strange?? take the kids to chain at least you will catch few there little further but worth it for sure was nice to keep couple of burbs for supper now an then awsome tasting fish and were starting to get bigger anyone with ideas or thoughts i am reading lolol