Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-28-2009, 01:45 PM

Cool difference between wholesale and trophy book

Dont get me wrong i like both but trophy book is waaayy better IMO.
Reasons why: trophy book is more knowledgeable and dont try and get you to buy, they offer their expertise and try and get whats best for you!
they know there stuff, walk into wholesale get my draw length 22in? im 5"11.... walk into trophy book, oh yea your a 27.5" draw, more like it...

Trophy book has a range... great people everyone there is friendly...
was there today and had my dads friend shoot my new bow to get it all shooting good since i cant! 3 broken metacarpals... darn.

One interesting thing the guy in TB today said was they have came out with a bow with 99% let off!!! Wow, he said you pull it back and the weight of the bow keeps it drawn haha...

anyways just my thoughts

Bass.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:15 PM

where is this trophy book
Old 12-28-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotnstockhillbilly View Post
where is this trophy book
spruce grove... if u look at the advistiments above you can see a link..
Old 12-28-2009, 03:09 PM

I get your point...I have had my "draw length " measured at Trophy Book, Sherwood park Lanes, and WSS. ever single one was different.

I DO like the staff at Trophy Book, friendly and good prices. except for the young fellow, who wouldnt answer my questions, refused ( as in a loud NO!! in front of me) to help a female staff member fletch my arrows, or even talk about the pros and cons of a take down recurve versus a higher quality but simpler all wood one " I dunno",.

the lady said "hes in a bad mood" and the manager had to interecept because all the younger man could talk about was where they were going for lunch and basically ignored me, ( I was the only customer) She was awesome and let me try out a bunch of bows. i dont think I'd deal with the younger fellow again -either i wasn't spending $600 -900 on a compound ( I spent a measly 300 on a recurve) or he has a thing against female archers. done really want to go THERE. ugh.

WSS, the older fellow there into trad archery ( guy with goatee) is very helpful and non pressure. he didnt mind that I ended up buying my recurve at a place where i could shoot it for 2 hours before purchase. but if you cant shoot a bow, DONT buy it.

such is the life.
sigh...but I WOULD recommend Trophy Book archery, as long as you arent an unaccompanied woman,and if so, just deal with the lady staff.

J
Old 12-28-2009, 03:48 PM

I haven't been to TB for years. What brands of bows are they selling these days?
Old 12-28-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kranky View Post
I haven't been to TB for years. What brands of bows are they selling these days?
majority mathewes... but some pse's and mixed variety.

another thing - TB seems really dedicated to archery...

BunnyHunter - the lady staff was excellent today aswell, helped and answered everything to the best of her ability...

the trad shooter in WSS was helpful, but he couldnt care less on my draw length since i wasnt buying a bow, once we told him we looking in to purchasing one he didnt care for what i had to ask, im new to sport and young, 13. how am i supposed to learn with jerks like that?
that tecno hunt is neat, cant wait to get shooting!
Old 12-28-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassett View Post
majority mathewes... but some pse's and mixed variety.

another thing - TB seems really dedicated to archery...

BunnyHunter - the lady staff was excellent today aswell, helped and answered everything to the best of her ability...

the trad shooter in WSS was helpful, but he couldnt care less on my draw length since i wasnt buying a bow, once we told him we looking in to purchasing one he didnt care for what i had to ask, im new to sport and young, 13. how am i supposed to learn with jerks like that?
that tecno hunt is neat, cant wait to get shooting!
Let us know when you head back to TB for a shoot.....Lean Mean and I have 2hrs of free time there.....Lean Mean bought a Matthews earlier this year....
Old 12-28-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Let us know when you head back to TB for a shoot.....Lean Mean and I have 2hrs of free time there.....Lean Mean bought a Matthews earlier this year....
dads getting a bow for his birthday, my hand isnt healed for 3 weeks then 1 more week recovery haha sucks big time..

so probably 4 weeks we'll be there!!!
Old 12-28-2009, 06:00 PM

Trophy book prices are 5-15% more than other places I have shopped. They know their stuff but when I can get it cheaper why pay the extra?

Road hunting is not hunting.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:16 PM

I would recommend TB and Wholesale. I would never open the door of Sherwood Lanes again in my lifetime.
New starter looking at spending no more than $400 on my first bow. I spoke with Dallas - none other than the store owner and he says "I GOT NOTHING FOR YA" turns his back and walks away.
I went on the website of his 'store' after my visit and saw a lot of the same opinions. Then the few '5 stars' probably by staff and friends!
Old 01-31-2010, 09:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassett View Post
Dont get me wrong i like both but trophy book is waaayy better IMO.
Reasons why: trophy book is more knowledgeable and dont try and get you to buy, they offer their expertise and try and get whats best for you!
they know there stuff, walk into wholesale get my draw length 22in? im 5"11.... walk into trophy book, oh yea your a 27.5" draw, more like it...

Trophy book has a range... great people everyone there is friendly...
was there today and had my dads friend shoot my new bow to get it all shooting good since i cant! 3 broken metacarpals... darn.

One interesting thing the guy in TB today said was they have came out with a bow with 99% let off!!! Wow, he said you pull it back and the weight of the bow keeps it drawn haha...

anyways just my thoughts

Bass.
Just a quick little suggestion... i have a freind named marty who owns swamp donkey outfitters... hes been shooting since the hills were created ... very knowledgeable and lives just minutes north of spruce grove... he never pressures u into a buy and has a range at his shop... very happy with his service...he also owns a butcher shop in edmonton to wich is also very handy..here is his website

http://www.buffalovalley.ca/swampdonkey/index.htm