Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-06-2010, 04:37 PM

Default Inflatables For River floats

Well I finally did my first float from mac to legacy on the weekend and it was stellar.... all but the comfort factor. I know pontoons are a fav around here but what about inflatable rafts with seated framing? Anyone had experience with this. I just dont want to haul anything at this point.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:54 PM

Pretty much all I've ever been down the river in.... 12' and 14' Inflatables with 20" tubes and .8 to 1.2 mil PVC Denier or better can be had for $1600.00 to $2000.00 shipped directly to your door. INcluded are Aluminum or Wood floors, Bench seats, Stainless D" Rings, Oars, Oar Locks pump, Heavy 'metal re-inforced' Transoms, etc, etc..

You can put Outboards up to 40hp on 14'ers and about 20 to 30hp on the 12'ers. You should get 25mph + with no problem on lakes and somewhat less up-rivers depending on the Jet drive. Don't want to put an gas engine on? No prob, just clamp a short shaft 55lb MINNKOTA to the rear and you can jettison into the back eddies, pools and crap like that on just about ANY river. Todays batteries will last an entire trip, unless you have a stiff 'head-wind' (my buddy carries 2 anyway..) Also, they move VERY well across the water and allow you to fish lakes like Maligne, Beaver, etc in total comfort. Getting in and out of the water is super easy and you can haul those puppy's up on the bank with no problem as many of them come with 'complete' underside rubbing strakes, not to mention the strakes that almost go around the ENTIRE boat...

Bolt some swivel seats to the bench seats and you have yourself a VERY comfortable unit. Also, if you have a re-inforced Aluminum floor, you can EASILY add a swivel seat DIRECTLY to the floor with an adjustable extension bar for 'Maximum Comfort'. These units are multi-chamber, they don't sink as they can't fill with water and won't flip (unless fo course you're out jumping MASSIVE rollers with a 30 or 40 Horse... Also, they are without a doubt, the 'safest boat' you can put on ANY body of water.

Cheers,