Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-27-2011, 07:41 PM

Jackfish bay on Fri?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 12-27-2011, 07:44 PM

Default tomorrow.

Guys...

I have the buns, meat, onions, sauce, pork n' beans and a jar of pickles. I got your message Wayne...no prob, I am sure the deer will disappear regardless!

Also, Wayne, I have half of one of those big bags of smelts from StupidStore left that I will bring tomorrow. You can have them if you are running short on bait. They are not big as Ken mentioned, but they will do.

Just curious if all of us are bringing augers? I will bring my 10" unless you guys don't need it? Just let me know...

Looking forward to tomorrow!

"There seems to be alot of urinating in breakfast cereal around here." - Rackman, 2010

"It is true, there are dead beat dads out there, and there are thousands of dead beat moms too, who live off the efforts of good men trying to do the right thing." -KegRiver, 2011

"You have social media to thank for turning everyone into self-righteous know-it-alls.." -random internet dude, 2015
Old 12-27-2011, 07:46 PM

Default Friday

Yes that is the plan. I thought you had to work. Or is a sickness coming on?
Old 12-27-2011, 07:47 PM

sounds good for everything, my auger is in my truck til I start casting in the river again! I do have a bunch of minnows, the walleye seemed to like them today, and the pikelets. Looking forward to seeing you all on the ice. dont forget your cleats its slick out there, except you Jeff, we need some entertainment

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-27-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygringo View Post
Yes that is the plan. I thought you had to work. Or is a sickness coming on?
His wife got a new whip for Christmas

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-27-2011, 07:56 PM

wind gusts to 90 km looks like it may be a chair fishing day again. or bring all your anchors, we are going to need them! had to screw our chairs to the ice today.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 12-27-2011, 08:09 PM

Default Tomorrow

According to Accuweather it is not supposed to be too bad for south albrta wind. Saying that it wouldnt be the first time to tie things down. I will have my auger and my partner will have his too.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:10 PM

Weathernetwork site says 35 km winds for Brooks...and +8. I hope it isn't too bad. Same forecast for Stavely on Christmas Eve when we went to Clear and there was no wind....so hopefully they are wrong for tomorrow.

EDIT: oops, I stand corrected Wayne. Just saw the wind warning!

"There seems to be alot of urinating in breakfast cereal around here." - Rackman, 2010

"It is true, there are dead beat dads out there, and there are thousands of dead beat moms too, who live off the efforts of good men trying to do the right thing." -KegRiver, 2011

"You have social media to thank for turning everyone into self-righteous know-it-alls.." -random internet dude, 2015
Old 12-27-2011, 08:18 PM

Default calm

35km down there is like light winds.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:19 PM

WTF???

How can there be a 75 km/h discrepancy between Accuweather and weathernetwork for the wind forecast tomorrow? WN says wind warning with gusts to 100 kmh and Accu says wind at 28 kmh?

Old 12-27-2011, 08:21 PM

Default Environment Canada site

warning on Enviro Can:

Brooks - Strathmore - Vulcan
3:35 PM MST Tuesday 27 December 2011
Wind warning for
Brooks - Strathmore - Vulcan issued

Strong gusts to 100 km/h Wednesday.

Strong westerly winds will develop Wednesday morning. Strong gusts of 100 km/h are expected in the Crowsnest Pass, Cardston and Lethbridge regions while gusts to 90 km/h are expected in the Claresholm, Brooks, Medicine Hat and Cypress Hills regions. These gusts are expected to last until late Wednesday afternoon.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:42 PM

Hmmmm. Shacks may turn into kites if its that windy......

Is everyone still a go for tomorrow?

If we went and it got bad what would back up location be? Your spot is sort of sheltered from the wind as long as its from the west Wayne.

Last edited by jts1; 12-27-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:01 PM

Well...

This changes things a bit. I am not interested in having my tent torn to shreds in 90-100 km winds.

Having never been to the spot picked for tomorrow before and therefore having no idea if it is sheltered at all, I can't decide if I will venture out. Can anyone shed a little light on this?

If there is maybe a better spot that is a little sheltered, I am still in.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:47 PM

we gave up on Newell today, just too windy, ended up elsewhere still in the wind but just decided to skip the tents. wind jigger was going so hard the fish were having a hard time catching the bait but they managed . they hit every contraption we tried, from the jiggers to windlasses to hand jigging and even tipups. Im going to try CV anyways in the morning, got to be some shelter around the islands. I want me some burbs to smoke!

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 12-27-2011, 09:57 PM

WC are you driving on CRV now
Old 12-27-2011, 10:01 PM

Well Jack&7 myself and another member are going to drop out. Dont want to fight the wind in the shack, and really dont want to sit in a chair out in the open. So we are going to head up to Burntstick and Yellowhead for some Brooks. Going to eat 300 ponds of chilly as I just finished making a huge pot for everyone lol.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
WC are you driving on CRV now
Chubb I only look crazy I have a feeling I wont be driving on anywhere this winter if the ice doesnt triple , Im not so good at holding my breath underwater Im fishing a lot of areas that I can walk on, not doing too bad so I really dont mind. havent seen any ice much thicker than 10 or 11 inches anywhere Ive been yet.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 12-27-2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
Well Jack&7 myself and another member are going to drop out. Dont want to fight the wind in the shack, and really dont want to sit in a chair out in the open. So we are going to head up to Burntstick and Yellowhead for some Brooks. Going to eat 300 ponds of chilly as I just finished making a huge pot for everyone lol.
I hear thru the forum grapevine that Yellowhead is fished out next the thronging crowds are headed to Burntstick, better get there early before its stripped bare too!

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 12-27-2011, 11:31 PM

You bet it is. Dont think there is even water there anymore. Going to start at Burnstick and see whats what. Even if the wind kicks up we can find a spot sheltered from it