Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 03:01 PM

This whole thread was waste of electrons, or bytes, or whatever, and 10 minutes which could have been used tying flies, or knitting
Old 07-24-2017, 04:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
OP needs to read your sig line
You'd be hard pressed to make me eat a snickers bar (or any sugary junk food) even at gunpoint. Slow death vs. a quick one, only difference there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboe8 View Post
For a guy who doesn't like talking to random people you seem to be doing a good job in this thread....
The internet helps me out just the same as anybody with a post count in the 1000's.. but touche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flyguy View Post
This whole thread was waste of electrons, or bytes, or whatever, and 10 minutes which could have been used tying flies, or knitting
Yet you wasted another 13 seconds or so to express that, so what does that tell us about you?

I bet a C-note that if things were 180 degrees the other way and I had posted a pic of my first 20"+ walleye and that I was super happy about it you wouldn't even have replied.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot1 View Post
I bet a C-note that if things were 180 degrees the other way and I had posted a pic of my first 20"+ walleye and that I was super happy about it you wouldn't even have replied.
That's easy- hit Cold Lake, go to the north west boat launch if you dont want to cross the lake, go up the martineau river about 1/4 mile and sit in the corner. I like about the 3rd corner. A leech or beef heart on a treble hook are deadly. Or, go to Soars lake just south east of Beaverdam (Angling lake) on the Elizabeth settlement and catch pike all day long.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 07-24-2017, 05:51 PM

Default Can personality

Sound like you deserve what you catch, or don't catch. Karma is a bitch.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger7mm View Post
Sound like you deserve what you catch, or don't catch. Karma is a bitch.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:54 PM

Patriot1 don't ever take up hunting! You sound like you'd be dangerous if you weren't killing things!

It's about the fishing not the catching. Once you figure that out you'll feel JD lots of fish on the end of your line!

Relax sit back sip a cool drink. Take it all in. If you're just chucking lures and cranking them back in you won't catch a thing.

BW
Old 07-24-2017, 06:09 PM

Don't know why he ain't catchin' any, he certainly did a good job of trolling here
Old 07-24-2017, 06:32 PM
Banned

Patriot1, you need to take up beer yoga and fly fishing. That'll fix ya real good...
Old 07-24-2017, 06:38 PM

Default Relax and fish

Quote:
Should come as no surprise that I have a hard time making friends and 9/10 people I meet I simply do not like right from the word go with no valid reason... Like when I was leaving a fishing spot the other day obviously empty handed and 3 guys walking toward where I came from asked, "any luck?" WELL DOES IT LOOK LIKE IT? was my bold and arrogant reply, like shut up already geez I'm not your bro cuz we both fish DUHHH why do people pretend like they care just because we're doing the same activity? See I'm not phony like that for one, and secondly "any luck" doesn't even make sense since apparently this is all skill and patience so what does it even have to do with luck?

Why the hell can't people just keep their gumflaps shut when walking by another person with a fishing rod in hand? Seems rather easy for me to do.
Well it's not a surprise you don't make friends with an attitude like that... just because you don't have a fish in hand doesn't mean you didn't have luck, I've caught many fish in a day that were released to have people ask if I've had any luck I say yes and usually they strike up a small conversation which I never mind since they likely just want a tip or two, even just to shoot the chit.

I guess fish don't like you since people don't either
You just gotta breath and fish.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:04 PM

Just because a guy hits the gym and only speaks the truth has nothing to do with being respectful and cordial to others .
You should try it , you may have some positives results in spite of yourself

But then it doesn't sound like you are interested in that .....
Cat
Old 07-24-2017, 07:24 PM

Default Ha Ha I get it, not s people person.

Quote:
Okay maybe I'm reading into this too deep here but are certain personality types pre-determined to just suck at this outdoors stuff no matter what? I been out almost a dozen times in various lakes and rivers and haven't caught frigg all yet. Tried dozens and dozens of lures (but I can't handle worms, just not going to happen) and several spots at each body of water and not even a bite. I have gotten much much better over the years but I'm not exactly known for my patience.... Seriously if it were legal I'd just get a canoe a net and some dynamite... I'm not even joking either IF IT WERE LEGAL let me be clear.

Should come as no surprise that I have a hard time making friends and 9/10 people I meet I simply do not like right from the word go with no valid reason... Like when I was leaving a fishing spot the other day obviously empty handed and 3 guys walking toward where I came from asked, "any luck?" WELL DOES IT LOOK LIKE IT? was my bold and arrogant reply, like shut up already geez I'm not your bro cuz we both fish DUHHH why do people pretend like they care just because we're doing the same activity? See I'm not phony like that for one, and secondly "any luck" doesn't even make sense since apparently this is all skill and patience so what does it even have to do with luck?

Why the hell can't people just keep their gumflaps shut when walking by another person with a fishing rod in hand? Seems rather easy for me to do.

Wish people would just not even talk rather than useless phony chit chat, now that's the kind of person I am, probably shouldn't even be fishing, right?
You remind me of a guy I work with except his belly is a little rounder. We call him the human volcano, one day he's going to blow a vessel. Ha Ha.
You just be yourself and do what makes you happy.
Even though the human volcano is always grumpy and particularly doesn't like me, I still like him.
Hope you have better luck next time your out fishing.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Early 40's look early 30's, 6'3" 225 lbs ripped, shaved head no tattoos, incredible frigg off vibe so I've been told.

Why? Because maybe I want more out of life than lifting weights and running. I will never quit those 2 as long as I'm breathing but I definitely want more out of life than just that.
Get a grip. You seem quite stuck on yourself. Anyway it don't matter what you want out of life or what you do, YOU will never be happy as long as you have the attitude your presenting here. Your miserable, its obvious, you just don't realize it. How's that for the truth.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:17 PM

You are a cancer to yourself and those around you. Cancer can be beat. Tough road ahead of you if you choose that route. I wish you luck.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:29 PM
Banned

See ya'll in another 6 weeks or so. It's been a slice as always.

Cheers folks.

Happy whatever it is that you enjoy.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
See ya'll in another 6 weeks or so. It's been a slice as always.

Cheers folks.

Happy whatever it is that you enjoy.
Good luck out there
Old 07-24-2017, 10:35 PM

You go fishing to catch fish?

Interesting concept.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:09 PM

Patriot1 life is tough and so can fishing be sometimes. We all are stuck in our own shoes and face the circumstances that come each of our ways.

Very similar in fishing... we're all faced with the same weather and bite each day, but we all chose to fish a different way.

In the end Happiness in a choice and so is catching fish... a choice of how long you're going to spend out there changing lures and locations till something happens.

I grew up an introverted nervous wreck. Used to get palpitations and sweaty when the teacher asked a question or called my name. Wasn't till med school when I made a decision to switch. Sat beside the hottest girl in the class first day and the rest is history. Although sometimes my introvert tendencies still get the best of me and would rather just stay to myself when fishing.

Anyways all I'm saying is sometimes you just need to face any insecuties you think you may have and realize that most people actually like and appreciate you for you! If I was the person walking by I would genuinely be curious how you did fishing if I asked how it was... and if you didn't catch anything I'd probably tell you exactly what you need to do to catch something the next time.

If you still haven't caught a fish we'll have to go out and shake that bad MOJO off with some walleye hauling.

Best of luck... and skill. Takes both and a little patience.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures
Old 07-25-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Yeah well, maybe for my next vacation i'ma go somewhere where blast fishing is legal, see how they like that.
Fishing to vent your aggression and frustration and take it out on the fish is probably the worst reason to start fishing...
Old 07-25-2017, 02:33 PM

Clearly you have been hurt or tormented and as you said you have some insecurities. It's a good habit to take up health and fitness, but what's not a good thing is being a rude to others. Many of my spouse's clients who are hard core self image health and fitness fanatics have these same issues. The good news is you can change and it will pay you dividends. You will be healthy AND happy. You are not happy right now.

First thing - You probably need to separate your emotional baggage from friendly/casual conversation -after all - these people aren't trying to be disingenuous - they are trying to be friendly. That's all, that's it. Being rude just winds you up like a spring - so be nice.

What you will find, over time, is that these people are not trying to hurt you. You are not vulnerable by having these silly, friendly conversations. They are not trying to trick you, use you or hurt you in any way. They are being friendly and cordial.

Maybe the person who lured you in and hurt you so bad by pretending to be interested in you, is a bad person - but that doesn't mean everyone is a bad person. Maybe by being nice you will meet someone who is genuinely interested in you for who you are (probably not the way you are now, but after you follow this advice and change your life).

You should also stay away from caffeine, protein supplements and steroids if you do partake in these - they all will cause irritability, anger and can lead to sleeplessness making you cranky. People who are cranky don't live as long, and while they are living they are miserable. So don't torture yourself and others, be nice.

Some people find the most fulfillment and joy in finding Jesus - that's a worthy pursuit if that cup a tea is palatable to you. If so, go to church and meet some people. Let the power of the holy spirit inspire you to scream hallelujah !!! For many people this has changed their lives.

If that's not your cup of tea, take a physically or mentally challenged or underprivileged child fishing or to the park. For me, as I'm not the church type, this has been very rewarding for me and makes me happy to see someone else happy.

I think, as a therapy, you may want to hug a random stranger. Let it out. It's ok to cry. Some people genuinely will want to help you on your road to healing and becoming a happy person. I want you to be happy. That way you won't be rude to me and ruin my day either. Be nice. It's easy.

One last thing, believe me when I say a negative attitude can and will effect everything you do and how successful you are at doing it. Whether you want to bump it up and get ripped, or catch a big fish or just meet and have a great relationship with another person who genuinely cares about you.

It's all up to you .......... now go change your life !!!!!
Old 07-26-2017, 12:32 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Wow, long look in the mirror eh, positive attitude towards life will do wonders not only at fishing but then again sometimes I can relate, just want to be left alone,peace and quit...you need a dog

Good luck eh.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-26-2017, 02:18 AM

Patriot1, Ponder this....

"It may be your world but we live there too."

Where ever your trail leads in the next while I wish you a clear path. And do not give up on fishing... the fishing at this stage is teaching you the art of patience. As soon as you realize this you will start to notice the bites.

I suggest you go to the land alone for a week, have a sweat, a primal scream and a cleanse. I think you have a big tapeworm. haha

Most of all do not feel defeated. Have faith. I wish for you a few fish with a death wish.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 07-26-2017, 09:15 AM
Banned

Behind a keyboard out of view, the modern day tough guys SAFE SPACE!!

Last edited by The Spank; 07-26-2017 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagehunter View Post
Fishing to vent your aggression and frustration and take it out on the fish is probably the worst reason to start fishing...
Yup. I took up hunting for that purpose.

OK boys, we've all (including me) piled on enough. Let's help get him some fish. That makes everyone feel good.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Yup. I took up hunting for that purpose.

OK boys, we've all (including me) piled on enough. Let's help get him some fish. That makes everyone feel good.
Well catching fish is much more than showing up at some waterbody with a bunch of lures and tossing them out and reeling them in. The OP should go online and start educating himself on tackle/techniques/presentations etc for the species he is after. Fishing is a learning game with huge rewards besides fish in hand. If the main goal is to put fish in the frying pan then Alberta is not the province to fish in. Catch and keep restrictions in AB are tighter than a uni-knot!
Old 07-26-2017, 01:38 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=EZM;3590962]take a physically or mentally challenged or underprivileged child fishing or to the park

Come on, really? You have to pass a test to do that.

you may want to hug a random stranger.

And get charged with assault?
Old 07-26-2017, 02:13 PM

Before this spirals out of control, the Op said he is gone for 6 weeks so you can wait until then.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Before this spirals out of control, the Op said he is gone for 6 weeks so you can wait until then.
? This went out of control at the first post.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flyguy View Post
? This went out of control at the first post.
touché
Old 07-27-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Early 40's look early 30's, 6'3" 225 lbs ripped, shaved head no tattoos, incredible frigg off vibe so I've been told.

Why? Because maybe I want more out of life than lifting weights and running. I will never quit those 2 as long as I'm breathing but I definitely want more out of life than just that.

With your attitude you will get more out of life then that. You will get your azz handed to you sooner then later!

I sure hope you are just trolling and if you aren't do the world a favour and go get fixed so you don't reproduce lol. The word has to many people like you now.

Happy fishing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2017, 07:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilsledder View Post
With your attitude you will get more out of life then that. You will get your azz handed to you sooner then later!

I sure hope you are just trolling and if you aren't do the world a favour and go get fixed so you don't reproduce lol. The word has to many people like you now.

Happy fishing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ahhh 6 weeks came early.

If the above butthurts you, I suspect you may not be entirely happy with what you see when you look in the mirror.

I didn't like what I saw in the mirror so I changed it. Now I love what I see and I offer no apologies for the hard work, sacrifices, focus and commitment that I put into it and I have zero sympathy or regard for those who perceive it as arrogance.

And I already have a 17 year old daughter. But she's a Trudeau fangirl so, yeah, *big sigh... I failed as a parent. (although she is starting to slowly wake up... hopefully I can turn her by 2019!)

And please learn grammar/spelling, it's so embarrassing how so many of us Conservatives are so illiterate.
Closed Thread