Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-30-2014, 04:54 PM

Good Day..
Any luck & which model is it..E1 A3 A6 or A7 ?
Any chances its up for sale as is.?
Old 11-30-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooterAb View Post
Good Day..
Any luck & which model is it..E1 A3 A6 or A7 ?
Any chances its up for sale as is.?

Who are you talking too? The original post is from 2008 and he has not signed onto the forum in over a year
Old 11-30-2014, 06:55 PM

check with numrich gun parts
Old 11-30-2014, 07:15 PM

A friend has one, and when you squeeze the trigger, it may fire one round, or it may fire a three or four round burst. It has been cleaned thoroughly, but it still does it now and then, usually two or three bursts out of a box of ammunition.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:51 PM

Smile gevarm E1

The E1 has a safety! Pull the bolt back, way back, until the operating lever on the bolt lines up with the hole in the action on LH side. Then push the lever inwards into that hole. Bolt will not budge after that. Pull on operating lever to release. Very positive safety! There is always an empty chamber just before the rifle is fired. Very safe principle of operation.

As for multiple firing, they get extremely dirty inside from unburned powder and residue. You have to remove the 2 roll pins holding the trigger assembly in place. The bolt and spring come out of the front of action when barrel is removed by the takedown screw. Soak all parts in solvent, blow the action clean of crud with compressed air. Lightly oil all clean parts and reassemble. Problem of double and triple firing solved.

I have 5 of these rifles and have learned that like many semis, they have to be kept clean to work well. Fun little rifles!
Old 03-01-2016, 11:58 AM

if anybody is willing to sell a 8-20rd gevarm a-6 Factory mag. around Edmonton ill pay cash for them. I have bought the aftermarket ones but they just jam.

fabcore_welding@yahoo.ca
Old 03-02-2016, 10:19 AM

Smile Gevarm safety

The Model E1 has a safety. You have to pull the bolt way back so that the operating handle will slip into the safety hole drilled in the receiver. Very positive lock for the action.
Old 01-11-2020, 01:33 PM

I have an E1 which I use for rabbits,(a duty shared with my Browning SA.22),and have never had a problem with it whatsoever.
I find the best safety for this gun is to not pull the bolt open until you are ready to fire.What could be more safe,it won't fire with the bolt closed and doesn't even have a shell in the chamber until you pull the bolt open and squeeze the trigger.
How much safer could it be??