Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-04-2012, 10:09 PM

Default apa innovation bows

Anyone have any first hand experience with this manufacturer? Not interested in what you've heard or your opinion unless you or a hunting buddy has used or owned one. I can read all the advertising myself. Just looking for real world experience. I just don't want this to turn into a p!ss!ng match about which bow is best. Thanks
Old 03-04-2012, 11:02 PM

Red face apa

i have a left and a right handed mamba x2 and have ruined more arrows with these two bows than any bow i have owned in last 15 years got 2 robinhoods at 20yrds and one at 30yrds sooo very accurate..... great back wall and nice to pull back very smooth heard few negative things about the king cobra and the speed ratings on the mamba does fall bit short from the advertised but at 323fps i am quite happy but for comfort and handling i love em... if you wana know anything else just ask i have few friends with em no issues either but if you are gonna buy something make sure you test them you can try em all at sporting stores i chose from elite was n2 bowtech n3 pse n4 but all were nice bows... good luck and this site the ****ing match may begin i find there is alot of people just like to try to argue or put down on here lol hope that helps bit good luck
Old 03-05-2012, 08:12 AM

I have the Mamaba MX2 70# 29.5"DL, and with a 438gr. arrow still getting 300+ fps which I think is pretty good for a 7.3" brace height. Smooth for a dual cam and very accurate, would definately buy another APA.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:12 PM

Ive owned two Mambas, and at 70 lbs theyre a little finicky to tune...i wouldnt rush out to own one again, i prefer the hoyt im shooting now, but i did take alot of animals with the APAs including my best mule buck and first antelope...
Old 03-05-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappa View Post
Anyone have any first hand experience with this manufacturer? Not interested in what you've heard or your opinion unless you or a hunting buddy has used or owned one. I can read all the advertising myself. Just looking for real world experience. I just don't want this to turn into a p!ss!ng match about which bow is best. Thanks
Umm... OK.

I own a Python X and find it to be very accurate and stable. It's also extremely quiet.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:22 PM

Thumbs up my opinion only

i've had a black mamba, mamba x2 and a pit viper these are all awesome bows and canadian built to boot. very acerate and fast even with 28" draw, i had no problem tuning or shooting all of mine were 70lbs but my next one will be 60lb as i dont have the need for heavy draw, 60lbs produces more than enough kinetic energy and i can shoot it better as its a more comfortable draw.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:07 PM

I've shot a Viper for three years now and love it. I have a new M6 ordered which should be here this week. I highly recommend them, just from personal experience.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:47 PM

Thanks guys. I've kinda been away from the archery game for a decade. I'd never heard of this brand. I looked at them on Saturday at moas in Red Deer and was impressed. Just wanted to hear some real life feedback. Sounds like most people are happy with them. Apples to apples I'll buy Canadian first. There's a dealer 40 min away which is a bonus.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappa View Post
Thanks guys. I've kinda been away from the archery game for a decade. I'd never heard of this brand. I looked at them on Saturday at moas in Red Deer and was impressed. Just wanted to hear some real life feedback. Sounds like most people are happy with them. Apples to apples I'll buy Canadian first. There's a dealer 40 min away which is a bonus.
where you located at?
Old 03-05-2012, 08:13 PM

I have a mamba 7.5 and a viper 7 love them both,, dont think i would buy any other bow other than an APA just ordered a new sidewinder from them for my daughter this spring. consistent and accurate and a pleasure to shoot.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav View Post
where you located at?
I'm in the Calmar area. The dealer is Jim at Pipestone Archery.
I bought my current bow from him in 99.

Last edited by Pappa; 03-05-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:36 PM

I have the m7 n at 70lbs it flings arrows at a good pace of all the bows (shot Hoyt n pse demos bows) the apa's have the best hand grip. The apa's just felt right to me. They r a very durable bow, I had one before my m7 n never had a problem with it! My next bow though I think I will seriously consider hoyts line up bit u can't go wrong with a apa! My 2 cents

Last edited by APA; 03-05-2012 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-06-2012, 10:33 AM

I have shot several APA bows, currently have a pit viper. It has a really smooth draw cycle, rock solid back wall and shoots just over 300 fps with a 352 grain (arrow and broad head) set up. (28" draw length 63 lb draw). At first I thought the fang riser and carrying handle were just pointless accessories but after hunting with these bows for a few years I use these features all the time, they're actually really handy. Also very accurate as well, very reliable bows and the customer service is second to none.

If you're interested in a used bow I currently have the pit viper for sale on this site. I only keep my bows for 2 seasons so I'm selling it to buy a new APA V7.

The only way to know what you're going to like is to go and shoot a few different bows at your local shop and see what feels best to YOU.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:54 AM

I just bought the M7 and at 29" draw 61 lbs it's spitting a 453gr arrow at 275...... that aint bad at all. Love the handle and buckskin color is awesome!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:22 PM

Thanks for the feedback. It was just what I was looking for. Not looking for a bow right now but probably will be later in the spring or early summer. Have to see if my interest stays peaked and I have the time. Will really give the APA a good hard look.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:57 AM

I just purchased my first bow which is a Viper V7. I've only had it out 3 or 4 times but so far I really like it.

Chuck Norris and Mr. T walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building
Old 03-07-2012, 03:00 PM

I had a Mamba 7.5 and it was an OK bow but it was noisy and there was a vibration I could never get rid of. I sold it and have two Hoyts now. I tried the new Mamba 7 at the dealer on monday and like I said, they are good bows but not for everyone. Some like them when they shoot them, some don't. Always shoot as many bows as you can for comparison before you buy!
Old 03-07-2012, 07:09 PM

I got the King Cobra a few years back and I love the bow.I haven't even looked at other ones,no need to.
Accurate,reliable,smooth and strong.4 years with it.
The kinetic energy alone sells it,comparably 25% higher(if that matters to you).
I love to shoot it.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:06 AM

Default Go to the Pro

Just a thing to think about.
Take a drive out to Biggar Sask. and see the Man at the shop! Have a look at how a bow is made. He'll walk you right through the process try out all the models right there in house.
You wont regret taking the opportunity to see the making of a bow from a block of aluminum to the final product..
The color dipping is pretty cool even for a old guy like me.
Makes you appropriate what you are holding in your hand.
And yes I ended up owning one, the viper I have is great.
SST
Old 03-12-2012, 10:34 AM

I think if APA was an American company it would be the top bow sold. I have a mathews I liked until I shot the mamba 7.5 . I'm planning on taking both on a hunt in a couple days but the mathews sure don't feel as good as it used to
Old 03-12-2012, 08:44 PM

I shoot an APA Black Mamba X1 for hunting and an X2 for 3D both are awesome bows.I just ordered my new Black Mamba XL39 can't wait till it gets here.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:03 PM

Default Apa

To all you that shoot APA, do you use the Twister rest and if so how do you like it? Any problem with clearence? What type of fletch are you using? And how do you load your arrows with broadheads? Do you come in from the front nock first?

Thanks
Old 03-19-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak 150 View Post
To all you that shoot APA, do you use the Twister rest and if so how do you like it? Any problem with clearence? What type of fletch are you using? And how do you load your arrows with broadheads? Do you come in from the front nock first?

Thanks
Yes, love it. No problems with Clearance issues if set up properly, I shoot Zeon fusions. Load from front safest way to do it so you dont take chance of cutting string with broadhead.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:37 AM

Cool, thanks Trav.